Loaded Precision X-lite Seatpost

The X-Lite seat post offers maximum strength withoutThe added weight. Its 3d forged, CNCTurned and milled.There aren't any welds or bonding, which shaves weight and gives it a cleaner look. Loaded uses vibrant, dare I say beautiful, colors for all ofTheir components. It'll surely add a bit of dazzleTo your bike. Weight 280g Length 400

Submitted by Rider29er

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2014

Strengths:    Strong, sturdy, inexpensive, color options

Weaknesses:    Nothing

Bottom Line:
I've been running these posts on all of my bikes. They've held up well. I use it on my freeride and dh Trek bikes and they are extremely strong. I've had no complaints and find that these posts are some of the better ones out there. I'm considering getting the carbon post for my xc bike. Just been looking into making it lighter.

Submitted by Ricardo Morales

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2012

Strengths:    None. Not even good as a paper weight. BEWARE!

Weaknesses:    Very weak, poor quality, terrible customer service, bad warranty.

Bottom Line:
Don't be fooled this seatpost, it looks really pretty but is crap!

This seatpost was installed on my Singular Swift full rigid single speed. The bike builder recommended this brand and unfortunately I also purchased a headset and stem. I expect those to fail too very soon.

How hard can you ride on a full rigid? After light trail riding in Florida, the seatpost started to bend with my incredible 180lb weight. I sent if back to Loaded but I am sure a new one would fail too. The guys from Loaded want me to pay 1/2 for a replacement, at a price higher than what I actually paid at the bike shop, when the actually manufacture it, it doesn't make any sense!

This is unacceptable, their product is very low quality. I currently own 6 bikes and have used many components over more than 15 years and something like this has never happened. The money is not the issue, paying $40 to get it replaced is just not going to happen when a barely used product failed in less than a year, it's a matter of principal!

Their warranty is crap. This is why small companies don't last and I really hope these guys are out of business soon.

I will be getting a Thompson now, you get what you pay for!