Kore Elite 2 Seatpost

• Laser engraved graphics

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Laila Mnyusiwalla a Racer from Toronto

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2003

Strengths:    Looks, finish

Weaknesses:    strength

Bottom Line:
    It cracked where the head is inserted into the tube after a year of light cross country riding under a 120lb rider. They are practically giving these away at pricepoint right now but do yourself a favour and get something you will not have to worry about.

Similar Products Used:   noname brands and syncros

Submitted by Lindsay a Racer from Milford, Ct

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
    It would be a nice post if it didn't keep breaking. The seat post came loose from the clamp and had to be sent back. After a good deal of delay they repaired my seatpost which lasted for another year. This time the seatpost bolt broke (supposed to be real strong!) and I have yet to get a replacement from Kore despite numerous attempts.

Favorite Trail:   Indian Ledge

Purchased At:   Colorado Cycylist

Bike Setup:   Litespeed

Submitted by Austin G. a Cross Country Rider from Brewster, NY

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2002

Strengths:    None....well maybe the looks, but dont let them fool you

Weaknesses:    Everything

Bottom Line:
    Within one hour, not even an hour, of using this seat post, the nut stripped and loosened up. In all my years of riding, I have never seen a seat post wear out in 45 minutes. Seat posts on KMart bikes probably last longer. If you ride roads this might be ok for you, but i wouldnt trust it. Terrible....this thing is a disgrace.

Purchased At:   Internet

Submitted by CMoss a Weekend Warrior from New Hampsha

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2002

Strengths:    Cool looking red, easy to adjust clamp, didnt break

Weaknesses:    none really...I guess it could be more red than the kind of off red it is...clashes with other red bike components...we cant have that

Bottom Line:
    Its a freaking seatpost made of metal. It doesnt break. Its worth the money. It weighs 20 grams less than some taiwanese POS. IF you like logos, buy it. I had to dispense with mine because my new Fisher has a 31.6 and its a 27.2...now I will get a Bonty and leave the same review for it.

Purchased At:   cambria

Similar Products Used:   generic, bonti,

Bike Setup:   Iron Horse with better parts than the frame deserves

Submitted by Konian a Weekend Warrior from Singapore

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2001

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    It twists and turns!

Bottom Line:
    Sucks big time!

Went for a ride immediately after I put the post on and the clamp twisted to the left and right with every pedal stroke as I climbed the slopes! And I weigh in at around 160lbs, not exactly heavy enough to supposedly stree the post!

Got a replacement at the LBS and gave it the benefit of doubt. But the same thing happened to the replacement post on the very next ride!

LBS confirmed that it was probably due to some manufacturing defects with the batch I bought with. The way the clamp is slapped onto the post is highly suspect.

Got my refund thereafter and went back to my heavy but trusty Kalloy (which gave no problems) before finally settling on Thomson.

Count me out Kore! It's a pity there are no zero chillis here.

Favorite Trail:   undulating, usually

Similar Products Used:   Thompson Elite, Kalloy

Bike Setup:   Kona Cindercone, XT/LX drivetrain, XTR brake/shifter, etc

Submitted by John a Weekend Warrior from Trenton

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2001

Strengths:    Lite

Weaknesses:    Alum. nut under seat stripped on first ride. Try to buy just that part.... GOOD LUCK. Had to get one made by a machinist.

Bottom Line:
    Get a stainless steal nut under that seat!

Submitted by Crazy Bit&% a Weekend Warrior from Upstate NY

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2001

Strengths:    -Light
    -Single-bolt clamp
    -Not too pricy

Weaknesses:    -BENT IT!

Bottom Line:
    It was good...till it bent on a 4-foot drop a week ago.DAMMIT!

Oh well--now I got a Thompson and IT'S ALL GOOD....

Purchased At:   The internet

Similar Products Used:   Thompson(only post I use now),generic

Bike Setup:   S.C Chameleon

Submitted by Brian a Racer from Yakima, WA

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2001

Strengths:    Light and stiff

Bottom Line:
    After the head came lose and broke on my last post , I went with the Kore Elite post. Been riding it for over two years now. I just changed out the old bolt for a new one. I learned that from my last post. Bolts fatique. Best choice I ever made for my rig. Soo easy to set up, micro adjustment,no stickers to peel off, bead blast finish so it doesn't slip!

Keep up the great products Kore!

Similar Products Used:   Syncros, easton

Submitted by Simon a Cross Country Rider from London

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2001

Strengths:    Light
    Cool looking
    Well made

Weaknesses:    had to shim it to 30.8

Bottom Line:
    Giant having 30.8 as a seatpost size is a real pain - I had to shim from 27.2 and it nearly put me off this post. I'm glad it didn;t because the post is light, strong, and takes more buzz out of trails than other posts I've tried.
    In addition to this it (in black /silver logo) looks so cool on the bike. I knew I could trust Kore from my Kore lightbar II, and despite abuse, I was right.
    It seems to be discounted in the UK a bit at the moment, and better than new 'budget' alternatives such as the Raceface isis post, despite the Raceface name. Certainly a lot better bet than the Easton 50, with a much better micro adjust and strong single bolt clamp.

Submitted by Rob from Louisville

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2001

Strengths:    Good craftmanship, and pimp appeal.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
    Nice post, and looks good too. Has had some hard hits and keeps on hanging in there. This post has held up for me and i would recomend it to anyone.

Favorite Trail:   Inlaws Farm

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager, & Dean.

Bike Setup:   Spooky PitBoss,RaceFace NextLP,BB,HSet. Kore Elite stem,Riserbar. XT Drivetrain. Marzoc Xfly 100. Mavic & King spinners

Submitted by mike from San Diego Ca USA

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2000

Strengths:    strong, flawless design

Bottom Line:
    I knew I picked the right choice with Kore. Kore has been around longer than most of those other seatpost makers. I have had the Elite post with the ea70 tube for over 3 years without a problem. This post cant be beat and has a nice micro adjustment especially nice if you change it from one bike to another.

Similar Products Used:   thompson

Submitted by Lance a Racer from Chandler AZ

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2000

Strengths:    everything you want in a post. Single big Ti bolt, no two bolt hassles.

Bottom Line:
    Let see im 6'-4" 201lbs, ride everyday, two days with a minimum of 25 miles each day. I had a thompson post on one of my rigs, it fell apart, never go back to a two bolt system. I have had my kore Elite post for close to three years on my main squeez, and its been flawless! I bought it for $90, so I dont know were they got $143, must be canadian money. I will buy another Kore post. Killer stems too!

Favorite Trail:   ben's scoop,divers singletrack

Similar Products Used:   Thompson, raceface

Submitted by March a Downhiller from San Marco

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2000

Bottom Line:
    I been using the Elite post for over two years. Its the most comfortable post I have ridden. Micro adjustment too! I tried one other post that had the two whimpy bolt system, one of the bolts broke and sent me flying-ouch.

The elite has rub proof logos and is 400mm long, It cant be beat!

Submitted by Dave a Cross Country Rider from Freehold, NJ

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2000

Strengths:    low weight, available in long lengths, finish holds up well

Weaknesses:    single bolt clamp, high price

Bottom Line:
    I have used Kore stems for a while and never had a compliant. I needed to replace the control tech post, and thought this would be a good choice. The problem is the clamp will not hold the saddle. Seems after every ride the position has migrated towards the rear. I have tried 3 saddles, SDG and two WTB. It's always tightened to spec using a snap-on torque wrench. When I spoke with Kore they denied any problems, they said it was the seat rails were undersized. I do not want to bash this product, it's high quality and finished nicely. Kore should look into a 2 bolt design. I have a 2 bolt rock shox, used 3 months, on my hard tail and never had it change position. If only Thomsen would make an offset post in 350 mm! 3 flammers for the high quality, 1 flammer for the fact that it can't do the only thing I need it for, secure the saddle!

Favorite Trail:   Chimney Rock

Similar Products Used:   control tech, rock shox suspension,and some no-name steel

Bike Setup:   cannondale hard tail, also a super v100

Submitted by Kenneth Allen a Racer from Chattanooga, TN, USA

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2000

Strengths:    light weight

Weaknesses:    poor reliablility

Bottom Line:
    I've been a mountain biker for 5 years, 3 racing as an expert and I have never had a product, or service on a product, that was as poor as this one. The first time the seat post broke at the collar, the second time it came it unglued, the third time the bolt which holds the thing together broke. The post has spent more time at the manufacture than on my bike. The last time it broke was during a race and since I didn't stop to gater up the parts the company refuses to warranty the thing--the first two times there was about a two month turn around. It really doesn't matter though I wouldn't put it back on the bike anyway. I should have learned my lesson the first time. Save your money by the Thompson.

Favorite Trail:   Rich Mountain, GA