Kent Eriksen The Sweetpost Seatpost

Around the shop, we call it “The Sweetpost”. Kent has designed a simple, elegant and strong seatpost using the superior strength of titanium, all while keeping it light (sub 175 g at 250 mm). Simple hardware, clean lines and your choice of colors makes this post an easy addition to any frame. The best part about it is the side access hardware, blood never goes to your head trying to change or adjust a saddle.

Kent Eriksen The Sweetpost Seatpost Pro Review

I have been testing the Eriksen Sweetpost on and off for almost a year now, and it has one of the most innovative clamp adjustment systems I have ever used. It is not only simple, but it makes adjusts and saddles swapping a 10-30 second ordeal. In addition, it is made of the most wonderful material for bicycles, titanium. Ahh, the exquisite silky smooth titanium, drool! Continue reading →

Submitted by adinpapa a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2012

Strengths:    one of the best upgrades for my rigid SS Salsa Selma Titanium

Weaknesses:    had to use the credit card

Bottom Line:
Riding SS in Western MA, I'm standing 60-70% of the time. Yet that 30% sitting/recovering on my set-back Sweetpost is HUGE. Moving from a Thomson, this post was noticeably more compliant. Now I can ride longer and harder.

IMO, for a rigid SS'er , this post is a must have.

Similar Products Used:   Thomson

Bike Setup:   Salsa Selma Ti SS, Whisky carbon fork.

Submitted by pitze1mr a Weekend Warrior from Arlington, VA, USA

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2012

Strengths:    Vibration Damping, Adjustability, Comfort

Weaknesses:    None to date

Bottom Line:
This is the greatest seatpost I have ever owned! I bought this from a friend that had several sweetposts but he didnt have any bikes for a 30.9mm. When I first bought my Giant XTC 1 with the BS Giant branded products, I was consistently getting lower back pains shortly into the rides. I was told that the sweetpost would help with that problem and boy has it. It dampens all trail vibrations and almost makes it feel like your hardtail is a full suspension bike. I was also reluctant to purchase the straight (rather than layback) sweetpost but I have had no problems and would go with a straight again in a heartbeat. Bottom Line - if you have any type of back problems and fit is not fixing the problem, try going with a Titanium sweetpost, you will not be disappointed. The value rating of four would most likely apply to all Ti seatposts as I feel that they are grossly overpriced but like I said, it has been worth it.

Favorite Trail:   Fountainhead Regional Park, Lorton, VA