Easton Havoc Aluminum Seatpost

• Shot-peened finish
  • Cold-forged 2014 alloy

Submitted by sauprankul

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2012

Strengths:    Strong, rigid, increment markings, stylish, big brand name

Weaknesses:    Heavy, expensive

Bottom Line:
Good seat post. I got this in 27.2 x 350. It's heavier than my no name 300 mm post by QUITE a bit. I guess that's the trade off for durability. On Amazon, this thing lists for 80 bucks. What? You would expect more from an 80 dollar piece of AL. But I got this for 38 off of JensonUSA, so yay! 7/8 mm which is handy, but not for me (I only use one standard 7mm seat). VERY easy to adjust and remove. Just loosen the two bolts a little (actually, more than that) and slide the post off. I landed hard on this sometimes and expected there to be flexing or sliding of some sort, but nope. So it's pretty bomb-proof. I'm sure you can get better posts for 80 bucks, but for the 38 I paid for it, it's great.

Purchased At:   JensonUSA

Similar Products Used:   Skye AL micro-adjust single bolt seat post

Bike Setup:   700c 15.5" AL HT

Submitted by graciebarrabjj a Cross Country Rider from Florida

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2011

Strengths:    Ultra stiff a true one piece desighn unlike that crappy oem ritchey post that came with the bike.

Weaknesses:    Not the lightest but i would rather have strenght over weight

Bottom Line:
Great product so far. I love the matte finish and the red grapfics are cool. The product is strong and the name behind it has been tested to be true!

Purchased At:   Jenson

Similar Products Used:   Ritchey oem

Bike Setup:   2010 jamis dakar xct1 with easton havoc seatpost

Submitted by warrior4life a Cross Country Rider from Hawaii, USA

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2009

Strengths:    Strong & stiff. Tough sandblasted finish won't scratch easily like those"glossy"type painted posts. Sturdy double clamp is safer and more secure than the earlier EA single clamp posts. Cool sleek Easton red & white grafics. Also, a big plus is if you're out riding about and you encounter those nasty dirtbike bandits or reckless atb no-talents. Just quickly undo your trusty seatpost from the frame & use it as a weapon. Essentially, you're seatpost becomes a very handy pipe and the saddle w/ the narrow pointed side becomes a dagger. Ultimately, use this killer/combo setup to defend youself from any of those gas guzzling, possibly vicious chimpanzees. No more monkey buisness out on the trails, just pure fun?! Ha ha He he!!

Weaknesses:    Maybe, just a little bit on the heavy side. However,
I counter it with a lightweight Rocket V saddle. Anyway, I'm a solid 6'ft. & 190lbs.. Definitely, I need a seatpost that won't bend or break. Carbon or Emo(wimpy) need not apply!!!

Bottom Line:
Awesome seatpost, Easton quality. Consequently if it breaks, I GO buy a new one because that's the AMERICAN way...last but not least. I admit I'm more of an Oscar Meyer wienner than one of those "Weight weenies"?! I LOVE my beef...pork..chicken,fish & seafood...hey where's the BBQ!!!!

Favorite Trail:   anywhere in beautiful Hawaii-nei

Purchased At:   an ebay seller

Similar Products Used:   WTB, Truvativ, Raleigh/DB, Kona factory & deluxe versions, generic(no-name/brand) and Easton EA 50 & 30 alu. models single clamp type(broken+poor design=CraP)...

Bike Setup:   GIANT 19" Yukon SE full suspension, Marzocchi/Giant, Easton h-bar, stem & seatpost, WTB saddle, Weinmann rims,yikes?! Kenda tires, Hayes disc brakes, Truvativ crank, chainrings & pedals, Shimano cassette, brake levers & shifters...all put together & maintained with a lot of TLC.

Submitted by Orca a Cross Country Rider from United States of America

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2008

Strengths:    strong. good design. sweet graphics. precise adjustments.

Weaknesses:    poor customer service. product is solid.

Bottom Line:
horrible Easton Customer Service. There were a few problem with the seat-post after a year of use. I could not get hold of Easton. I called them about 15 times. You can not directly get to easton. you leave your detail with some customer service rep (Bell?) and easton supposedly gets back to you.

even after 2 months nobody got back to me. and it takes hours to actually get some one on the phone (at their 1-800 number)..

so, even though, easton products work very well. I am thinking of not buying anything from them for their horrible customer service.

Purchased At:   local bike store

Similar Products Used:   Thompson Elite, FSA 280, Azonics, Race Face Evolve.

Damping/Flex: Answer ProTaper Carbon vs Aluminum vs Enve DH vs Easton Havoc Carbon

I'm looking for a new set of handlebars. My current bars (ODI Flight Control 750) feel really rigid and harsh over longer rides. I want to get something that will take a bit of the beating out of my wrists/hands. I know that people are going to post about looking into different grips, changing ba ... Read More »