Amoeba JY-101P6 Seatpost

3.33/5 (3 Reviews)

High-quality 6061 T6 aluminum seatposts provide worry free durability and performance while minimizing weight by eliminating unnecessary materials in non-critical areas. Grat value for the money. Rust-proof

Submitted by Martin a Downhiller from berlin, germany

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2006

Strengths:    length, price, color, not broken yet

Weaknesses:    bent after doing a crankflip and missing the Pedals (Fullsuspension, 27,2, I weight around 160 pounds)

Bottom Line:
I'm quite Happy it didn't break until now but i expected it to take a little more force to bend this not-so-ultralight seatpost about 5 degrees. If you are not riding street or downhill or weight below 160 pounds this might be no problem.

Similar Products Used:   syncros, control tech (the worst), onza, kore

Bike Setup:   DaBomb Cherry Bomb, sherman, Hayes

Submitted by Chris a Cross Country Rider from New Zealand

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2004

Strengths:    Double bolt is a good system. My previous single bolt seat post slipped all the time. This one is much better.

Weaknesses:    The screw have rusted, even though they were stainless.

Bottom Line:
Good seat post, I will probably buy a Thompson version next time round just for the added quality they seem to have .. but I really can't complain about this one. I'd buy a double bolt aomeba over any Easton single bolt or anything like that.

Favorite Trail:   Any

Purchased At:   Planet Cycles, Highland Park, Auckland

Bike Setup:   XC hard tail race bike.

Submitted by Nony Bustamante a Weekend Warrior from Manila, Philippines

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2001

Strengths:    Well made, nice finish, strong and quite light. Very good clamp design. Looks like it costs a lot more than what I actually paid for it.

Weaknesses:    Graphics doesn't look very cool.

Bottom Line:
I saw it in a bike shop, it's finished in satin Black and Silver (very cool), and the craftsmanship looks better the Titec seatpost I was planning to buy (at a fraction of the Titec price). I bought this instead. It's made of 6061 T-6 staight-gauge tubing (there's a new butted version that just came out that costs just a little bit more). The seat clamp is the part that I love best. It's easy to adjust, holds the saddle securely and doesn't loosen even in extreme riding. I just wish they could come up with better graphics though, because the logo looks a little too bland for my taste (that's why I just gave it an overall rating of just 4 Chilis). However, this has no bearing on performance. I'd recommend this to everyone looking for high quality parts at a bargain.

Favorite Trail:   Anywhere I can ride