Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

WTB Vigo Team Saddle

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

This full-bodied race saddle combines an efficient, firm shell with a healthy amount of support in the tail and a well-padded nose. Other amenities on this luxurious saddle include easily replaceable rails, compatibility with Topeaks QuickClick saddle bags and European styling.

Submitted by older'nslower a Cross Country Rider from Richmond, VA

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2010

Strengths:    Looks good, seems durable. nice width for average spaced sit bones, synthetic cover cleans easily.

Weaknesses:    On the heavier side. Ample padding may cause hot spots on longer rides.

Bottom Line:
I like this saddle, but I can't say that I absolutely love it. I am more a fan of thinly-padded minimalist saddles that achieve their comfort through shell design. Also, if you're a racer, you will probably want something a bit lighter - this one is around 300 grams.

Having stated that, I think that it's great saddle for the trails. However, even though the padding is firm, there is a good bit of it and it still creates hot spots for me on rides longer than 3 hrs. You may have better results though, especially if you are used to lots of mushy padding. Moving to this one may actually improve your long ride comfort.

One major strength of this saddle for guys with average pelvises is that it is 143 mm wide. You can really move around on it. With the 130 mm saddles I always felt like I had to stay in the sweet spot or suffer the consequences of gouging in the tender areas.

If you're a trail rider, have average spaced sit bones, and like well padded but not mushy saddles, you should love this one. Racers and narrow hipped guys will want to look elsewhere. One note of caution - this saddle is designed with the front and rear higher than the middle. I like this type of saddle because the shape of the rear gives me a good platform to really put some torque to the pedals, but if you need one that is flat like a board, you may not be happy with it.

Favorite Trail:   something narrow and twisty

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia Flite, San Marco Regal.

Bike Setup:   Titus RX1. XT, LX, Reba.

Submitted by nedgerly a Cross Country Rider from Raleigh, NC, USA

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2009

Strengths:    Light, strong, comfortable, supportive

Bottom Line:
Fantastic saddle. No complaints at all. I rode the Rocket V for years. It was a very tough saddle, so I knew I was safe with the WTB quality when it came time to get a new one. I put that Rocket V through hell. I'm a bigger rider (6'1", +200lbs), so I'm tough on my saddles.

I changed into the Vigo today and rode for four hours straight and I could have kept going. The fit was amazing. It has a slightly wider and flatter tail, which I like a lot more than the Rocket V's flared whale tail design.

I was able to maneuver around the saddle as well as I ever have, so no problems there.

Simply a fantastic saddle. I'm very pleased.

Favorite Trail:   Bent Creek (Asheville, NC)

Purchased At:   Performance