Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

• 380g

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Tom a Weekend Warrior from Richmond, Va

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2007

Strengths:    relatively light, doesn't hold up on my pants like the old seat did

Weaknesses:    seat rails make mounting my Topeak seat bag mildly difficult

Bottom Line:
    for the money this seat is very nice. nice and narrow at the front which makes pedaling in the saddle considerably easier, as well as out of the saddle attacks (tho not as much so). extended riding in the saddle can get a little painful if you like to sit on the very rear of the seat (an indication that I need to move the seat rearward a bit, not a complaint with the seat itself), and if you have an under seat bag that uses seat-rail mounts in addition to a velcro strap taht goes around the seat post mounting that can be a challenge because the only part of the seat rails that are far enough apart have a major crazy angle compared to the Schwinn seat I had on it previously.

Favorite Trail:   anything mildly technical and flowing

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Similar Products Used:   Schwinn gel seat

Bike Setup:   2K6 GT I-Drive 4 5.0 disk, Ergon MP1 mens grips, Bell tires, Wellgo flat pedals

Submitted by tyler c from whistler b.c.

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2006

Strengths:    supple feel, functional channel attractive price

Weaknesses:    lifespan

Bottom Line:
    solid, comfy, budget price saddle night and day compared to titec

Favorite Trail:   cream puff

Purchased At:   garbanzo

Similar Products Used:   titec berserker, selle, kona

Bike Setup:   cromo hardtail, diabolus stem, azonic bar, axiom cromo cranks, 8in juicy five, michy tires, 321's, LX, ODI, WTB Saddle, Z1 FR 6in,

Submitted by J.M. a Weekend Warrior from Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2005

Strengths:    Very Comfortable. Durable cover. Nice dense padding.

Weaknesses:    Week rails, bent beyond repair in a minor endo (if an endo can be minor).

Bottom Line:
    I have tried a lot of saddles over the years and these are comfortable, cheap and reasonably light weight.

Favorite Trail:   Palmer Park

Purchased At:   Teds

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia, Bontrager, Avocet, Selle Royale.

Bike Setup:   Full Suspension XC, 4 inches travel. XT/LX mix. I have the same seat on my cyclocross/comuter bike.

Submitted by Bryce a Cross Country Rider from Chelsmford

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2005

Strengths:    Pretty comfortable, durable

Weaknesses:    Long rides in the saddle get a little painful

Bottom Line:
    Great saddle, came stock on Jamis Durango Sport SX. Durable. Yeah, it is a little painfull after long rides in the saddle but hey, when your mountian biking hard your outta your saddle a lot so that doest effect it. It only effects me on long rides (Road) to the places I mountain Bike at.

Favorite Trail:   Stone Row/ Indian Hill

Similar Products Used:   N/A

Bike Setup:   2005 Jamis Durango Sport SX

Submitted by Thomas Lane a Weekend Warrior from Spanish Fork, UT

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2005

Strengths:    looks ok.

Weaknesses:    very uncomfortable.

Bottom Line:
    This seat HURTS. I thought I would get used to it after breaking it in, but this saddle hurts more each time I get on the bike. I've never had such a miserably uncomfortable saddle. It makes me not even want to ride. It even hurts more than the $5 super-cheapo "love channel" Nashbar POS saddle that it replaced. I think I'll try a Brooks next, or maybe something from Wal-Mart. I can't imagine anything could be worse.

At $30, it's probably a good value for the person who fits this seat, which isn't me.

Purchased At:   Nashbar

Similar Products Used:   various Vetta saddles and some super-cheap generic saddle

Bike Setup:   Fisher Joshua w/ many upgrades

Submitted by Andre von Muhlen a Weekend Warrior from Encinitas, CA

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2005

Strengths:    Strong materials, it will last a long time

Weaknesses:    Very hard on the bottom, left me with a numbing pain for over a month once, impossible to find a good position

Bottom Line:
    Very hard, I do not recommend. The soft touch does not equal a comfortable ride.

Purchased At:   Supergo

Similar Products Used:   Stock seat on Iron Horse (much better) & GT (so-so)

Bike Setup:   GT i-drive 1.0 2001

Submitted by Ko a Weekend Warrior from Wheat Ridge, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2004

Strengths:    Looks, center love channel cut-out

Weaknesses:    padding too firm

Bottom Line:
    Good value. I've crashed many a times blasting downhill and this saddle just won't break. The leather started tearing on both sides after just one ride, but I guess that's my fault for abusing the bike. The center channel works great. I've never had discomfort in the prostate area like I did with my Specialized saddle, however my ass starts to fall asleep after awhile and is pretty sore after a long ride. Overall this saddle is awesome, just needs softer padding.

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Similar Products Used:   Specialized body geometry

Bike Setup:   Giant VT1

Submitted by Scott Sjoberg a Weekend Warrior from San Francisco

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2004

Strengths:    Comfort, Price, Size and Look

Weaknesses:    The bottom of the seat looks cheaply built... staples showing.

Bottom Line:
    I was looking for a more comfortable seat because the Bontrager seat that came stock on my Trek 8500 really hurt... even on short rides. I mostly use my bike for riding in the city, so I was thinking of getting one of those big fat gel seats, but they just don't look too cool, and I do use my bike off-road sometimes.
    I was a little unsure about the Speed V Sport seat at first, because when I pressed my fingers into it at the shop, the padding felt very simular to that on the stock Bontrager seat I wanted to replace. But after two different bike shops recommended this seat, I decided to give it a try. From the first few seconds I started riding on this seat, I could tell a night and day difference from my stock seat. I don't know how WTB did it, but they designed this mid-sized seat to feel awesome. It flexes right where my bones hit the seat. I would highly recommend the Speed V Sport, and it looks great on my black and grey Trek 8500 too.

Purchased At:   Pacific Bicycle

Similar Products Used:   Several Bontrager Seats

Bike Setup:   2004 Trek 8500

Submitted by Miguel Hinojosa a Cross Country Rider from Monterrey, N.L. Mexico

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2003

Strengths:    -The most comfortable saddle I have ever tried!
    -Love Chanel really works!

Weaknesses:    -little heavy

Bottom Line:
    -This is the best saddle I've ever ride on.
    -If comfort and price is what you are looking for buy it!!

Favorite Trail:   Bioparque

Purchased At:   ZETA Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager (the one that comes with TREK bikes)

Bike Setup:   Trek 9.8 Full XT, Rolf Dolomite rims,

Submitted by V T a Weekend Warrior from NoVa

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2003

Strengths:    Comfort Comfort Comfort.
    This is the most plushest seat I hav ever been on. My riding style makes me sit on my seat bone too much. This seat alleviates the discomfort associated w/ that style of riding!
    No pressure between groinal or the "boys".
    Can sit on it hours @ a time.

Weaknesses:    Material looks cheap. So a wreck could tear it up.

Bottom Line:
    I'm a heavier rider @ 185 so a lot of weight gets planted in the saddle.
    Try this one out.
    It's cheap enough (<$30) that you won't have any regrets if it doesn't fit you.
    Not for the weightfly models...but for the rest of us avg. humans :)

You can ususally find it cheap @ Performance (the Speed V Sport). I can't imagine the lighter Speed models being any better than this one.

Purchased At:   performance bikes

Similar Products Used:   Too many to list.
    But seats are a personal thing & it takes alot of seat time to discern which is right for you.

Bike Setup:   Cannondale F500 & F3000

Submitted by Chris Hall from Maine

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2003

Strengths:    looks really cool
    Strong
    lite
    comfy

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
    This saddle is supper strong and is realy cool
    I have had problems with other saddles breaking and bending but I have not been able to kill this one yet

Favorite Trail:   Bangor Bog

Purchased At:   lbs

Bike Setup:   Kona Dawg with stuff on it

Submitted by anthony a Weekend Warrior from easton, pa

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2003

Strengths:    Looks- matches the colors of my 03 tass disc
    The saddle is not much wider than my existing titec saddle that came with the bike( Not a bad saddle until you ride a wtb) but the wtb saddle has the 'love channel' which is actually works. it also has more padding at the nose of the saddle- I weigh 230 lbs and it is very comfortable- i tried saddles with and without paddes shorts- they are a must on any saddle

Weaknesses:    I only have ridden it once so really don't have any weaknesses- may start to tear in the future?

Bottom Line:
    great saddle for the buck... it weighs aroun 370g, but it doesn't feel like it..which is more important? saving weight or comfort when deciding on a saddle? weight can be trimmed elsewhere spend the $$$ you will not be dissappointed

Favorite Trail:   six mile run

Purchased At:   nashbar

Similar Products Used:   various trek, avocet, speed comfort? wife's gel cover to see if it was a saddle adjustment issue of the saddle itself

Bike Setup:   2003 tass disc, shimano clipless, cat eye computer

Submitted by Jim Munterich a Weekend Warrior from Farmington, CT, USA

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2002

Strengths:    Comfort, shape, size, price

Weaknesses:    side panels wear easily

Bottom Line:
    Take the time and look for a seat, what might be good for me might not be for you. With all the different designs made there is no need to ride on an uncomfortable seat. Since using this seat I have yet to have an ache on my backside. A worthwhile investment. I wish I had bought one years earlier when I was sitting on a stock SDC Comp. Combining the seat with my new full suspension makes riding an even greater pleasure. If you want to spend the extra money, purchase the laser v dh, it has the kevlar cover to help prevent tearing that you get on the lower priced models. If you want a great seat at a great price the speed v is for you.

Favorite Trail:   Case Mtn