Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

• Length: 269mm
  • Width: 147mm

Submitted by obenchain1 a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2013

Strengths:    Gel feels good on your butt, everybody knows that ! An uncomfy seat makes for a bad day on the bike.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
The saddle that came on my bike was absolutely terrible. It had no padding at all, and didn't even have good shape. I had heard a lot of good things about WTB saddles so I stopped in after a ride to my LBS and picked this seat up. Mainly because a guy i met on the trail was riding it and said that he loved it even after 18 months of riding it. So i went and got one. And needless to say I absolutely love this saddle, I would recommend this saddle to anyone. I'm not a small guy, about 210 frame so if its good for me i'd say it'd be good for you.

Submitted by Brandon T a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2012

Strengths:    Extremely comfortable, gel is in the right spots, center section allows good cooling, seemingly solid build quality, nice subtle look.

Weaknesses:    Center decale flaked off pretty easy, other than that none after six or so months of comfortable use.

Bottom Line:
The seat that came on my bike (some sort of Bontrager) was horribly uncomfortable to me. I chose this seat based on the positions of the gel inserts and the way the bottom of the seat flexes to allow a little more suspension. It took me a bit to get it adjusted properly and on the first few rides felt a bit odd to sit on. The gel inserts felt like giant mountains and were a tad strange feeling. Now that it is adjusted properly and has some miles on it I LOVE it. I recently went on a two hour trail ride and my sit bones weren't sore at all. I'm very satisfied with the $50 I spent.

Purchased At:   REI

Submitted by dnick a Weekend Warrior from Memphis

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2009

Strengths:    Im 5'9" and 155 pounds, so I'm not a big guy, but this seat cushions my sit bones just about perfect.

Weaknesses:    No so far

Bottom Line:
A little bit of plush goes a long way! :)

Favorite Trail:   The one Im on

Purchased At:   Greenfish

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Body Goemetery. Some Bobo brand gel that felt like sitting on a ball.

Bike Setup:   Specialized Hardrock, mostly stock.

Submitted by jinbalham a Cross Country Rider from israel

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2009

Strengths:    the ultimate comfotable sadle. fit me just fine. soft in the right places.

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
the best so far

Favorite Trail:   back bone rogers canyon

Purchased At:   matsman - bilu

Similar Products Used:   tried lots so far: SMP [stops my blood circ], BONTRAGER [though], SPECIALIZED SPORTS JEL [slagish feeling]
none is even close.

Bike Setup:   TREK FUEL EX8 2008. MAXXIS CROSSMARK TIRES, ERGON GRIPS, sorte stem, POLAR S725X mount

WTB Pro Gel Speed V OR Serfas RX Men

I'm going to change my stock saddle, and after going through a lot of revues, I've narrowed it down to two models. WTB Pro Gel Speed V OR Serfas RX Men. They both have similar revues, so any and all comments welcome. Please. Riding an MTB Hardtail 3-4 times a week. 185 lbs, 5' 9.5", over 50Read More »