Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

WTB Speed She Saddle

1.64/5 (11 Reviews)

• New cross country and road saddle designed specifically for a woman's anatomy.
  • Features the Love Channel and Comfort Zone technology.
  • Black/gray/yellow leather with titanium rails, 288 grams.
  • Black/gray synthetic leather with satin steel rails, 340 grams

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by melissa

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2012

Strengths:    this seat came with my new $600 bike. It looks nice that's about it

Weaknesses:    my bones in my private area are still sore from a very short like 5 mile ride! we rode our bikes on Sunday its Tuesday and I still hurt! I would not recommend this seat I am a female about 155 and I have been riding for about 6 years i will be buying a new seat now that my fiance read all the bad reviews and doesn't think i am crazy

Submitted by shufel a Weekend Warrior from Israel

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2010

Strengths:    very good stock saddle

Weaknesses:    its not good for long trails , and fast cc rides

Bottom Line:
    nice stock saddle that was on my wife's bike and she was pleased with it till the moment i got her new fizik aliante sport saddle that i bought on ebay. she says now that she doesn't realize how she rode till now ...

Favorite Trail:   Gvaram\Beeri singles

Similar Products Used:   fizik aliante

Submitted by coop from fernie a Cross Country Rider from fernie

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2009

Strengths:    confortable at first. price is reasonable.

Weaknesses:    pounds out very shortly after purchasing. Sides of saddle folded over. Poor craftsmanship.

Bottom Line:
    WTB is the best saddle out there but they are missing the mark with the woman specific saddle out there.

Purchased At:   starigthline in fern

Similar Products Used:   other seats

Bike Setup:   bullet

Submitted by Annette Davey a Weekend Warrior from Nailsworth, England

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2007

Strengths:    It's a saddle.

Weaknesses:    So painful after 2 miles I had to ride back by road as I could not face bumping down the farm track.

Bottom Line:
    I just picked up my first mountain bike which was fitted with this saddle. Fine to start off with, but like the other reviewer, after 20 minutes I was desperate to get off. It really hurt the bones towards the back (don't know what they are called). I will be getting a new saddle or swapping it with the one from my road bike before I go out again.

Purchased At:   Noah's Ark

Bike Setup:   Marin Coast Trail

Submitted by Cyndi from Federal Way, WA USA

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2007

Strengths:    It came with the bike for free.

Weaknesses:    Not very comfortable

Bottom Line:
    It is great some companies like WTB are trying to offer better seats for women. However, the seat falls short of the target. It only good for about about 20 minutes and I'm very sore and uncomforable. Don't buy unless it comes with your bike. If your buying a new bike, ask about upgrading it to a better version. If it came w/ your bike and it works, great. If not, purchase a better saddle for it is healtier to get out and use yuor bike than let it sit. It seems like firm = better. Look for a gel or similar fill material.

Favorite Trail:   Dash Point State Park

Similar Products Used:   Serfas Rx (loved it)
    Stock Schwinn (hated it)

Bike Setup:   This was the stock seat that came with my new Jamis Dakota Comp Women's Edition. The bike was a $1,300 bike. Alone, it looks like this seat sells for $30. Jamis would be better off equiping the bike with a better seat. I installed the Serfa's Rx from my old bike. It uses gel instead of foam and is a very comfortable saddle. Although, the Serfa's did cost $50 new so you do get what you pay for. I haven't tried a higher end WTB Women's saddle.

Submitted by Tina a Weekend Warrior from Santa Barbara, CA

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2005

Strengths:    Cheap.

Weaknesses:    Totally uncomfortable!

Bottom Line:
    This seat sucks! All around BAD IDEA!

Purchased At:   Local Bike Shop

Bike Setup:   Specialized Allez with Ultegra

Submitted by Allison a Weekend Warrior from Newport News, VA

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2002

Strengths:    -looks cool
    -cheap
    -if your goal is to punish your privates, then this is the seat for you

Weaknesses:    -WAY TOO SQUISHY

Bottom Line:
    This saddle blows goats. It is way too soft and my sensitive parts are paying for it! It gave me the saddle sores from hell. 2 flamin' poos because it was cheap, 1 flamin' poo because I will never walk the same again.

Favorite Trail:   Waller Mill

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   stock seat, serfas, specialized body geo

Bike Setup:   '98 GT Aggressor, bomber mxc, the only thing left that is stock is the frame

Submitted by Nicole from Gazelle, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2002

Strengths:    Feels nice and cushiony while off the bike.

Weaknesses:    Hurts my ass and privite area every time I ride whether it be 1 mile or 25 miles. And my ass hurts for a couple days after I use it as well. I am very disappointed.

Bottom Line:
    I'm not sure if the seat would work for chicks under 150 pounds but over that, hell no! If I can't even ride to my Post Office without my ass hurting (about 1/2 mile) then this seat SUCKS!

Purchased At:   bike parts usa

Bike Setup:   2002 Giant Rainier

Submitted by E.D. Kaufman a Racer from Euless, Texas, USA

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2002

Strengths:    Seems well made & looks good

Weaknesses:    I have ridden dozens of saddles over dozens of years & none has rubbed me raw in under 20 miles. This includes stopping to adjust the nose way down. It is too soft to suppost your weight on your sit bones, so you sink onto the tender areas. Could ruin your night life in one ride. As fun as having sandpaper in your shorts. Never thought I would ride a saddle that made me look forward to getting on the Flight.

Bottom Line:
    This saddle will be returned to REI this week for refund.

Favorite Trail:   Womble, in Arkansas

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   Terry "Liberator", Juli Furtado racing saddle

Bike Setup:   Masi- Nuevo Strada, Dura Ace with tubulars

Submitted by RT from Denton, TX, USA

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2002

Strengths:    This saddle works for me. It didn't take any "break in" period. The saddle has enough cushion to be comfortable for me but not too much to sink into.

Weaknesses:    I'm not sure how long the synthetic leather will go without cracking.

Bottom Line:
    I have been on cross country rides as well as mountain bike trails with this saddle and have been quite comfortable. I've also had some hard landings on it and haven't had any problems. It works well for me.

Favorite Trail:   anywhere

Purchased At:   Sun and Ski sports

Similar Products Used:   A beat up old wtb, serfas rx.

Bike Setup:   A rigid frame Mongoose Sycamore.

Submitted by Phillip Neill a Weekend Warrior from Orlando, FL

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2001

Strengths:    Price

Weaknesses:    Comfort

Bottom Line:
    I purchased this seat for my wife based on my experience with WTB's Speed V. The Speed V is the most comfortable seat I have ever imagined! My wife tried it and thought the same. We figured the Speed She would offer at least the same level of comfort and performance. We were WRONG! This Speed She caused her extreme discomfort and pain for several days after going for a 15 mile ride. It is very hard and of poor ergonomic design, opposite of the features of a Speed V.
    I'm buying her a Speed V or Laser V TODAY! They may be male specific, but they shure work great for her. I have to give this product 1 cold Chili because it is not useable.

Favorite Trail:   Ocala - Santos & Hardrock