Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

WTB Silverado Team Saddle

Weight : 210 grams MSRP : $123.99

Upgrade your shoddy factory saddle with the booty-pampering WTB Silverado Team Saddle. Once your rear settles into a saddle that's actually designed for cycling, you'll be kicking yourself for using that piece of over-padded grundle-torturing POS for so long. The Flex-tuned shell takes the edge...

Submitted by Xtyling a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2013

Strengths:    Light weight. Ti rails. Comfy after 2 weeks of riding.

Weaknesses:    My saddle is white, gets dirty/dusty easy. Watch out for grease and oil. But I bought it nevertheless because it was at the right price. First 2 weeks on the saddle took some adjustment coming from a WTB Pure V.

Bottom Line:
First off, saddles reviews are highly subjective. So take my review for whatever its worth. Been using it over a month only my all around, do everything bike. It's grown on me well (or I've grown on it). The white color requires extra care but that's pointing out the obvious. The light weight was my primary reason for buying it and the LBS scale said 210g. Buy it if it's on sale and be happy. Buy it MSRP and it could be a hit or miss.

Favorite Trail:   Philippines

Duration Product Used:   1 month

Purchased At:   Bikezilla

Similar Products Used:   WTB Pure V

Bike Setup:   Lynskey M390, Lynskey Ti seatpost, Truvative T40 bar & stem, SRAM XX drivetrain, XX Revelation Fork, Stan's Arch EX 29er, DT Swiss 240's, WTB Bronson Race 2.2x29 tires, XT 785 pedals

Submitted by khsxc304 a Cross Country Rider from san Diego

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2011

Strengths:    Weight and comfort.

Weaknesses:    Anniversary edition has chrome wording.. eew

Bottom Line:
I have always used the WTB rocket because it has plenty of padding but when I saw the silverado for $25 I had to give it a try.
Wow!
I was amazed at how comfortable it was for how minimal it looked. My arse is usually slightly sore after a long ride with the rocket but not with the silverado? Go figure..
Its a win-win.. Lighter saddle around 200grams and more comfort!
Try finding one for $25, you won't...ha

Favorite Trail:   Mission Trails

Purchased At:   Craigslist

Similar Products Used:   WTB Rocket

Bike Setup:   29er Hardtail

Submitted by jimbsport a Weekend Warrior from quebec

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2010

Strengths:    lightweight, confortable for a lightweight saddle

Weaknesses:    could me more confortable but i'll be more heavy

Bottom Line:
at 63$ you can't get better then this, lightweight and confortable when you wear very good bibs

Favorite Trail:   J-bar

Purchased At:   jenson

Similar Products Used:   specialized and bontrager saddle

Bike Setup:   gary fisher hi fi plus

Submitted by ngoshawk a Cross Country Rider from Missouri

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2010

Strengths:    Simplicity, lightness, long nose, long saddle, opening in "correct" area, great cushioning.

Weaknesses:    Sit bones were a little sore after first ride, since gone away, cram color initially

Bottom Line:
This was a steal from Jenson. I'm glad I chose this saddle. Was looking at Fizik Aliante XX, too. But this was less than 1/2 the price. This saddle was comfortable after the first ride. I had the nose too high, and switched my Thompson clamp around, so I could go level. Since then, the saddle has all but disappeared undr my big 'arse. The best you can say about a saddle. The cream color even matches the pane on my seat tube somewhat...But my butt covers this, so who cares?!

Favorite Trail:   Any single track

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Similar Products Used:   Selle San Marco saddles

Bike Setup:   1988 Richard Sachs, Mixed up Campy/Shimano

Submitted by Varaxis a Weekend Warrior from New York

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2010

Strengths:    Lightweight, low profile, kevlar sides, doesn't hurt your ass

Weaknesses:    Minimal cush, embroidery on top of nose

Bottom Line:
I needed something lower profile than my Brooks B-17, but something more comfortable than the ass-breaking stock Bonty saddle. This fit the bill very well. There's some embroidery that may eat up your shorts, a Silverado logo on the nose, but it seems that it'll do minimal damage up there. The padding is minimal, but they used very high density foam and have cut outs in the nylon shell for each sit bone and the prostate area to provide enough comfort; a good way to describe it would be:

WTB Silverado - Mesh computer chair (Herman-Miller)
Brooks B-17 - Specially contoured wood/porc./stone seat that further conforms to your ass (loved it, but it's too big and I'm afraid it'll get eaten up in a crash)
Bontrager Race - standard leather computer chair. Puffed up higher with less dense padding. Your ass goes straight through all the padding and ends up resting on the frame underneath.
Comfort Saddle - a sofa. You sink in deep in the padding.

I'm now a WTB saddle fan. If I ever need a new saddle, I'll be looking out for their saddles with similar high density cushioning, armored sides, and smooth uppers. This one is good for my SS, since I'm out of the saddle a lot, but on a FS or geared HT, I'd recommend checking out their Rocket V line for slightly more cushioning with a decent profile or Laser V for more. The Pure V goes out all cushioning.

5 flaming chilis if you're lucky and catch it when it shows up on Chainlove. It comes up about about 2-3 times a week, now at an even lower price at $30 (with about $8 S&H). They have both the cream (offwhite) and black colors.

Favorite Trail:   Mt Beacon

Purchased At:   Chainlove.com

Similar Products Used:   Brooks B-17, Bontrager Race, many mid-range/stock saddles

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher Rig SS hardtail

Submitted by Encierros a Cross Country Rider from Buffalo, NY

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2008

Strengths:    Light, comfortable, love channel and flex zones keep pressure evenly distributed

Weaknesses:    performance, none. It aint cheap though.

Bottom Line:
I demoed this saddle over the weekend during a XC race. It was a gamble borrowing the Test Ride version from the WTB rep - no turning back and on race day it's not usually a good idea to swap parts. BUT this turned out to be all aces. It was amazingly comfortable compared to the bonty Race Lite that came stock on the HIFI. After 25mi of muddy single track and grueling climbs my butt was the only thing that didn't hurt. Worth every penny,imo. Never skimp on points of contact. Bottomline, I'm extremely glad I gambled demoing the saddle and I'm now hunting for one of my own. Thanks WTB.

Favorite Trail:   anything in Ellicottville

Purchased At:   Test Ride @ 08 Racco

Similar Products Used:   Bonty Race lite

Bike Setup:   hifi pro 29

Submitted by Davide a Weekend Warrior from San Francisco

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2007

Strengths:    Slim, confortable, light, don't feel the front on your pipi

Bottom Line:
Great saddle, looks very slim but it is actually more confortable then the already plush Rocket V. Excellent for my body type (150 pounds/small butt) and riding style (all mountain- fairly aggressive judging from all the blood I am spilling).

Weights very little: 196 grams and you can shave 6 grams by taking off the little plastic guard at the bottom). Here you go a comfortable saddle, that does not put pressure on your pisellino when climbing, and that can be used downhill without any problem.