Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

WTB Silverado SLT Saddle

4.4/5 (5 Reviews)
Weight : 210 grams MSRP : $151.49

The WTB Silverado saddle is, much like the name, a western ideal. A great saddle for those who prefer a narrow, long seat that allows some positioning flexibility while not getting in the way. Sleek, like a fine horse. Light, like the minimal gear you carry in your hydration pack. The WTB...

Submitted by burnt toast a Cross Country Rider from south, florida

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2010

Strengths:    my ass no hurt

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
dont know ,but this seat is real comfy and sturdy

Favorite Trail:   anything groovy

Purchased At:   genson

Similar Products Used:   i beam piece of crap

Bike Setup:   A/M

Submitted by Haracombe a Cross Country Rider from United Kingdom

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2010

Strengths:    This is comfortable for a lightweight MTB race saddle over long distances and has sufficient flex for the bumps on mtb trails.

Weaknesses:    When the saddle eventually meets the ground the cover material tears easily.

Bottom Line:
The Silverado SLT is still there on the bike because it gives a nice firm but comfy ride for the narrow behind. But take care when you come off or you will have the glue out.

Favorite Trail:   Molesworth NZ

Purchased At:   chain reaction

Similar Products Used:   fizik phenom

Bike Setup:   giant anthem x1 + carbon fiber bits n pieces

Submitted by AaNort123 a Weekend Warrior from Potland, Oregon, USA

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2009

Strengths:    Minimal padding with good shell flex=Comfortable

Weaknesses:    doesn't pedal for me.

Bottom Line:
Purchased first one with my Motolite and loved it so much put them on all my other bikes.

The Fizik saddle didn't work for me but Silverado did. Give it a try. it might work for you..

Favorite Trail:   What I am riding

Purchased At:   Cycle Path NW

Similar Products Used:   WTB Rocket, Performance Forte race saddle. Fizik Arrione, Terry Fly

Bike Setup:   On several bikes

Submitted by Jordan a Racer from Novato, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2008

Strengths:    nice solid build, fairly light and pretty comfortable for a xc rave saddle

Weaknesses:    the nose on mine started to peal back after about 5 months of using it, but it still preforms fine.

Bottom Line:
Awesome saddle, plus you dont see many of em, I am going to give only 4 chillis for overall because the leather on the nose started to come out, but other than that its a friggin awesome saddle, and would buy again. I think that it would only suite cross country and all mountain categories only!

Favorite Trail:   Tamaracho

Purchased At:   free from my sponsor

Similar Products Used:   WTB shadow V, Bontrager Race X Lite

Bike Setup:   2008 gary fisher HiFi, with fox rp2,fox forx, wtb tires, bontrager race lite rims, LX, X-9, Juicy 5's. It weighs like 26 pounds, and I only weigh 120lbs. The saddle is ounted onto a RaceFace Next SL carbon seatpost

Submitted by J. Craig Mayer a Cross Country Rider from Winchester,KY

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2007

Strengths:    Pretty light for such a comfortable saddle. Looks great

Weaknesses:    nose of saddle is loose. Alittle to pointed at nose.

Bottom Line:
I have used a WTB rocket for a long time and have loved it. I was'nt sure If I would like the Silverado when I first got it. I wanted something a little lighter than the rocket so that why I thought I would try the saddle. I put it on anyway to try it and have not taken it off since! Great saddle. Much more comfy than the rocket! I used to get a little sore with the rocket after a couple of hours of riding, but not with the silverado. I don't understand how a saddle with much less padding than the rocket can be so much more comfortable. Go figure. The only problem I have had with it is if you wear baggy shorts like I do, the nose can catch your shorts sometimes. Much more pointed than the rocket. Not a real bad problem and really worth the inconvence for the comfort. Great saddle!

Favorite Trail:   any singletrack