Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

WTB Rocket V SLT Saddle

4.32/5 (81 Reviews)
Weight : 195 grams MSRP : $151.49

Amply padded and tuned shell features leather cover with Comfort Zone in nose. Abrasion resistant, 3M reflective corners.

Submitted by GMGaz a Cross Country Rider from Tempe, AZ

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2010

Strengths:    Well made, fairly light and very comfortable.I like that the saddle has no top seams and a tough Kevlar like material on the sides in the event bike goes down and the seat scrapes the trail.

Weaknesses:    Not light for the money but, not heavy either.

Bottom Line:
Outstanding saddle for the money. Long rides are no problem with this saddle. This saddle is far more comfortable than the gel saddle I replaced with the Rocket V. As another reviewer stated "I don't even think about it when I ride". I just ride. While a tad heavy for serious racers most people will find this is a great, comfortable saddle.

Favorite Trail:   Fifty Year Trail - Tucson, AZ

Purchased At:   Performance Bicycle

Similar Products Used:   Stock bike saddles and gel saddles.

Bike Setup:   Updated Trek 8700 (carbon/aluminum frame). Thudbuster seat post, TerraMax wheels, various carbon, XT and Race Face upgrades.

Submitted by RedDirtRyder a Cross Country Rider from Phoenix AZ

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2010

Strengths:    Clean design; no stitch lines, centerline groove, narrow for slides off the back. Just the right amount of stiction in the fabric.

Weaknesses:    None apparent - yet.

Bottom Line:
My stock BG saddle was pretty hammered, and the stitchlines were breaking apart, so I took a chance on the WTB. First impressions (no pun intended) are great - this saddle makes itself totally unnoticed. Seriously, I don't find myself thinking about my sitting position in any way; pressure, sliding around, snagging the nose, and certainly no numbness. If it holds up I'm gettin' two more for the spare bike and road bike.

Favorite Trail:   Go John; White Rim!

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Butt Geometry

Bike Setup:   Epic w/ Fox 100 RL

Submitted by HK91 a Weekend Warrior from ohio

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2009

Strengths:    None - marketing maybe

Weaknesses:    Construction and comfort

Bottom Line:
This product was horrible - flip one over and you can see the lack of detail and attention to quality. I ordered three saddles online that were WTB and none of them worked out - hard and uncomfortable - do not waste your time or money buying these products. I have no idea why these saddles would be rated as highly as I have viewed unless it is employees from the company writing the reviews. If you are looking for a quality saddle that has paid attention to construction and comfort I would suggest Fizik - do not keep buying the crap from China and Tawain or WTB.

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Specialized other products from WTB (none of them worked for me)

Bike Setup:   Trek Fuel EX 9.8

Submitted by 92gli a Weekend Warrior from west chester pa

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2009

Bottom Line:
Bought in a rush because I bent my long-used specialized rival 130 and needed to buy a seat on the way to a ride. Returned it on my way home from that ride. The edges at the rear dig into your butt and the seat only has one usuable position. Made me realize how great my specialized rival was.

Purchased At:   performance

Submitted by mrben0101 a Weekend Warrior from San Diego, CA

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2009

Weaknesses:    This saddle makes my nuts go numb after about 5 mies.

Bottom Line:
I have several friends that have or had this saddle and has had the same problems for all of us. I wouldn't recommend this product to my worst enemy.

Favorite Trail:   Dixon Lake

Purchased At:   Bike Bing

Bike Setup:   Trex EX9

Submitted by jgw1981 a Weekend Warrior from Walled Lake, MI, USA

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2009

Strengths:    Very comfy, and light. This saddle seems to be the perfect shape. Plus got an excellent deal from Jenson for it :-)

Weaknesses:    None that I could tell

Bottom Line:
Great saddle, I wanted to buy this saddle way before I found and OE deal on Jenson. This saddle is usually about $60.00 at my LBS. It treats my back side better than any other I have tried.

Favorite Trail:   Island Lake, Maybury

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Similar Products Used:   Specialized BG, Selle Italia, WTB Speed, and Pure V.

Bike Setup:   Fisher Paragon 29'r, Thompson Post, X9/ LX /X7 drive train, juicy 3 brakes, White Bros Magic fork.

Submitted by grandegrande a Cross Country Rider from LA, CA

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2009

Strengths:    Super light. Looks good. Seems to be high quality.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
I was looking to reduce the weight on my bike. I figured the saddle was one of my cheapest options. I reduced the weight by 0.69 lbs by switching from a Brooks B-17 to the Rocket V SLT. I was a little worried that this saddle would not be comfortable, but after about 50 miles in the saddle, no pain whatsoever. Plus it's much narrower, so it's a little easier to get behind the saddle on descents.

Favorite Trail:   dirt

Similar Products Used:   WTB Pure saddle

Bike Setup:   Mojo w/ XT build
Blur LT

Submitted by fcaw11 a Weekend Warrior from SGV, CA

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2009

Strengths:    Comfortable for my 150lbs. frame. Leather, Durable, weight. Narrow enough to slide behind saddle.

Weaknesses:    Corners difficult to clean, cloth holds dirt.

Bottom Line:
Out of all the WTB saddles I've tried, this is the most comfortable. Great saddle for smaller riders.

Favorite Trail:   El Prieto

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Vetta GEL, Bontrager FS +10, WTB Pure V, WTB Laser V SLT

Bike Setup:   Trek carbon Y, mountain mix, Fox F80, Fox Float RC

Submitted by Deacon Blues a Cross Country Rider from Dallas, TX, USA

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2009

Strengths:    comfy as heck

Weaknesses:    Bent rails, like everyone else

Bottom Line:
Seat was great until I took a drop too fast and too steep. I endo'd and somehow bent the heck out of the rails. WTB is certainly not one of those companies that will take any product back for any reason.

I'll probably buy another brand because of the quality issue since this seems to be prevalent but my chode may never forgive me.

Favorite Trail:   Oak CLiff Nature Preserve

Purchased At:   Second hand

Similar Products Used:   nothing comes close in comfort or crappiness of build

Bike Setup:   Rigid SS 29er Marin Pine Mountain

Submitted by yee0890 a Weekend Warrior from Roswell, GA

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2009

Strengths:    This is a review for Rocket V Pro SE saddle.
I bought a second-hand saddle cheap and had no problem until the rails bent when the bike fell (not crashed). I was very disappointed at how easily those metals crushed, because the saddle was very comfortable and sat right on my bones.

Weaknesses:    Rails! I do not weigh more than 130 lbs and it bent when I fell.

Bottom Line:
Great saddle as long as you don't mess with the rails.

Submitted by willem3 a Cross Country Rider from Bend, OR

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2008

Strengths:    Strong, comfortable, light, great quality

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
Awesome! Although seats are a personal choice depending on riding style, body type, etc.

Favorite Trail:   North Fork

Purchased At:   EBAY

Similar Products Used:   Other WTB Seats, Selle Italia

Bike Setup:   Ventana's with all the best parts, I have the Titanium Version of this seat on both my bikes

Submitted by No-air Bud a Cross Country Rider from Portage, IN

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2008

Strengths:    Good fit for a smaller rider, I'm 5'5" & 130#. Shorter seat platform for better movement during the ride. I did not have to run the seat all the way to the front of the rails for good pedal position for me.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
WTB Rocket V SLT Saddle:

I had been riding on a Sella Italia Flite for almost 5 seasons. The side covers and nose had a few tears starting in them so I decided it was time for a change. I had heard good things about the WTB seats. Mine is on my full suspension 2003 Titus Racer X. I had gotten comfortable on the old seat, but longer climbs were beginning to hurt a bit since you spend more time on the nose and there was not a great deal of padding on the Sella. The day I put the WTB on I noticed the shorter length and seemingly more narrow width. I liked both differences but had to do a few short around the track type adjustments to get my feet over the pedals a bit better and moved the seat more to the center of the rails. Being a smaller rider I usually just jam the seat pretty much forward and hope for the best. Even having a shorter length I did not have to put the rails all the way up so I got to enjoy the Ti rails to their potential. After a few full laps around our local 10 mile trail I noticed that I did not notice I was on a new saddle. THAT is a great compliment to this WTB seat. On vacation I put in nearly a 4 hour day over some nasty rocky, rooty downs and ½ mile switch back climbs. The best thing was I had no hot spots, tender bits or any annoying aspects at all. The cush was nice, the V channel seemed to fit and my sit bones did not cry out in pain. I really liked the WTB and may have to get one for my road ride. It had almost the same effect of putting on a new pair of running shoes, nice fit for me.

Favorite Trail:   Ft. Custer, MI.

Purchased At:   local bike shop

Similar Products Used:   Sella Italia Flite

Bike Setup:   Titus Racer X, 3" of travel for XC riding. Fox F-80/Fox R-L

Submitted by matt a Cross Country Rider from fairfax

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2008

Strengths:    looks good

Weaknesses:    Rails bend easy, Wale Tail design blows

Bottom Line:
The saddle crumpled in 6 days. Rails bent to hell, and it was never comfortable anyway. If you ride up hills in spandex with your seat real high and clip into your pedals, then buy it. If you jump your bike at all or ride street even a little bit, or even think you might land on the seat after riding off a curb, then don't buy it. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of buying expensive light weight junky crap like this that breaks right away and has to be replaced. I swear to god, spandex has ruined mountain biking.

Favorite Trail:   wakefield

Purchased At:   performance bike

Similar Products Used:   lots

Bike Setup:   tricked out Gary Fisher with heavy duty parts

Submitted by chris a Weekend Warrior from modesto

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2008

Strengths:    surprisingly comfortable and light

Bottom Line:
This is a great seat!! I thought it would be uncomfortable when I first received it, but after one ride I knew that this was the best seat I have ever owned.

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Bike Setup:   06 heckler

Submitted by Nathan F. a Weekend Warrior from San Antonio, TEXAS USA

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2006

Strengths:    Comfort, position and weight.
The Rocket V Progel with the Ti rails rocks and keeps it's shape and my butt ache free -- so far!

Weaknesses:    Too early to tell.

Bottom Line:
What a saddle, after many years with a Fizik, which is a really good racing saddle. It was time for a change and with all the talk about the WTB Rocket V, I figure I would try one. So after searching the websites, i placed a bid on eBay for a WTB Rocket V Progel with Ti rails.
THe indicator marks on the rails was a great help on making sure I installed my saddle's position almost the same as my old Fizik.
Well I took off on a 2 hr ride and I can say it has lived up to the raves. The seat was cushy, plenty of nose to help on balance. The cut & shape of the rear of the saddle was differnt from my past saddles, but not so different that I had any issues with it.
SO far I have not negitive remarks and I doubt I will have any for many years to come.
I would recommend any one to go try a Rocket V, your butt will thank you! ;)

See you on the trails!

Favorite Trail:   Anywhere that has dirt!

Purchased At:   eBay.com