Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

WTB Rocket V Race Saddle

4.71/5 (41 Reviews)

The Rocket V Race is WTB’s most popular high-performance saddle whether you ride streets or fireroads.The uniquely contoured pad shape helps increase power output by properly anglingThe sitz bones. Cromoly rail ABR corners Synthetic construction Weight: 355 g

Submitted by Nor-Cal-Mike

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2012

Strengths:    Shorter length, nice sweeping sides. Gel in the front portion is awesome.

Weaknesses:    I have a larger rear end and I wish the back were a tad wider but its nothing a little seat time wont cure. And I wish the look were a little less... Well I'm not sure what but the design has a odd look to it.

Bottom Line:
It's an awesome seat very comfortable. I like to sit and spin quite a bit and its very comfortable and also small enough to manuver around while standing. I would recomend this seat just about anyone.

Submitted by afullsodacan a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2012

Strengths:    Comfort, pretty light, pretty durable

Weaknesses:    stitching, staples, weak material on a couple parts, squeaks sometimes

Bottom Line:
I love this seat. It came on my bike that I bought used. I think it is quite comfortable. The prostate relief zone is great. This seat really feels good with a padded short liner. This seat is pretty light, looks good, and does its job well. It feels better to me than other saddles I have ridden on.

The main negative thing about my specific variation on the seat is that it has a weird material that has kind of separated. Also, some of the staples on the underside have come undone. This seat squeaks faintly sometimes.

I don't know if I would want to pay $60 bucks for one, since I am cheap, but since it came on my bike I am happy with it.

Favorite Trail:   Ridgeline at Balm Boyette

Similar Products Used:   Schwinn seat, Bontrager seat, Mongoose WTB seat

Bike Setup:   2005 Giant NRS C2

Submitted by Fuglio

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2012

Strengths:    Price

Weaknesses:    Weight padding stiching

Bottom Line:
I had this seat about 7th months. Its now fairly beat up and worn down. The rear of the saddle would benefit from tougher material, foam is falling out the back. Stiching is worn out or missing on the top. Postioning was un forgiving basically locking you into one riding position. Changed to a titanium sst wtb which is awesome.... ive came to the conclusion that all low end saddles will suck.

Submitted by The-Ox a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2012

Strengths:    Comfortable, Light, Durable

Bottom Line:
I'm 6'1" & 185lbs, I go on longer rides and this seat has never let me down on my last 2 bikes I've owned. I have a command seat post on my new 2012 Stumpy FSR and had to replace the rigid stock Henge saddle within a few weeks of giving it a shot. The discomfort never subsided. So I threw on another Rocket V and it made all the difference. No more pain and its great on the command post at all heights.

Favorite Trail:   Joplin

Submitted by sparky a Weekend Warrior from enumclaw, wa

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2012

Strengths:    light,comfortable

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
So far this has been the best seat i have owned. I weight 180lbs and after riding for a few hour it does not feel like i've even been on my bike. Will purchase this again for another bike.

Purchased At:   performance

Similar Products Used:   selle italia xo gel

Submitted by Nic Popplewell a Weekend Warrior from Cardiff, UK

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2011

Bottom Line:
A superbly comfortable saddle, after sitting on it for over 4 hours I was impressed to find that I had no numb bum. The price is low and the comfort is high. I cannot recommend this enough

Purchased At:   Bicycle Doctor

Submitted by TangerineDream a Cross Country Rider from San Antonio, TX, USA

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2010

Strengths:    Comfortable. Comfortable. Comfortable.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Great saddle. Very comfortable. I have the one with the custom Salsa embroidery that came stock on my bike. More contoured than the Speed V and it seems like I just feel more agile on this saddle. I ridden for hours in our rocky creek beds, rigid, and this saddle has been great. Just buy one. It is a great value.

Similar Products Used:   Generic Specialized BG, WTB Speed V, Terry

Bike Setup:   '08 Salsa El Mariachi RIGID

Submitted by sheff_daddy a Cross Country Rider from Michigan

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2010

Strengths:    Comfortable, relatively light

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
Great saddle for the price, all day comfort, I am about 200 lbs and places you in the right spot for pedalling.

Favorite Trail:   Potowatomi

Purchased At:   Greenfish

Similar Products Used:   WTB speed v comp

Bike Setup:   Redline mono9 SS

Submitted by n!ck a Cross Country Rider from Baltimore, MD, USA

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2010

Strengths:    Comfortable.

Weaknesses:    None so far, some concern about multiple panels stitched together, but appears high quality so far.

Bottom Line:
BUY THIS SEAT. I'm pretty simple when it comes to where my ass calls home. I see a lot of reviews on here really breaking it down for you... bottom line, a comfortable seat that doesn't interfere with my ride is a pretty black and white requirement. This seat meets that requirement with f-l-y-i-n-g colors. Hell, it could be made of lead and fall apart in 6 months and I would buy another, at least my ass is comfy. Was a little worried it would be too narrow, but NO problem at all. And the price- psh. If you're at the point where you're reading reviews, just stop and buy the damn thing already. You won't be sorry.

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   Some Bontrager stock seat designed by someone with an S+M fetish

Bike Setup:   Trek 6K

Submitted by LightningSlow a Cross Country Rider from Indianapolis, IN

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2010

Strengths:    Strong, Cromoly Rails. Light for the comfort. Thin, allows you to get behind fairly easily. It looks sexy, if that matters. Great seat bone support and cushion.

Weaknesses:    Hard at first, it breaks in.

Bottom Line:
Buy this seat if you are looking for a fairly light and strong seat. It is quite comfortable even when it is new out of the box and semi-hard. It also comes with hot pink accents for the ladies ( or the men ). I love it and im 6'7' 270lbs. If I can sit on it, you can.

Favorite Trail:   96th Street

Purchased At:   LBS / Carmel Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   Stock KHS saddle.

Bike Setup:   Alite 150, not stock at all.

Submitted by whistle tree a Downhiller from Grants Pass OR

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2009

Strengths:    light, comfortable, durable, looks awesome.

Bottom Line:
Super comfortable saddle that can take a beating. I have used mine on two bikes now and it barely has any wear through spots that impact frequently when going down. I would definitely recommend WTB seats!

Favorite Trail:   Lots

Purchased At:   JensonUSA

Bike Setup:   '06 Iron horse FS, WTB saddle and rims, X-9, Code 5s.

Submitted by MTBiker483 a Racer from Fort Collins, CO

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2009

Strengths:    Super comfortable, easy to move around on, looks great, affordable

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I bought this seat without ever seeing one, strictly because of the great reviews I read about it here. So, it's only fair that I confirm that it is in fact one amazingly comfortable seat.

I've put in several 3-4 hour rides on it so far, and I have absolutely no butt fatigue like I have had with previous seats. It's smaller than other seats I've used too which makes it very easy to move around on. I was a little worried about the small size at first (I am 6'4" 220lbs) but it's proven not to be an issue at all.

Buy it, you won't be disappointed!

Favorite Trail:   Love em all

Purchased At:   WheelWorld.com

Similar Products Used:   Recently - Specialized Indy, WTB Speed V

Bike Setup:   29er

Submitted by Kaboose21 a Cross Country Rider from Arlington, VA, USA

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2009

Strengths:    Excellent form of the saddle. Shape channels & promotes good blood flow.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Saddle feels like sitting on a pillow. Feels good especially since I've got a rigid. It especially shines on the flats. I do more endurance races than simple A-B races, and man does it help out. If you get this saddle, you'd be hard pressed to find a flaw.

Purchased At:   REI