Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

WTB Rocket V Pro Saddle

3.2/5 (5 Reviews)

You'll get a lot of bang for your buck with the WTB Rocket V Pro Saddle. It provides the performance of the Rocket V at a budget price. The upswept rear portion of the saddle harkens back to the glory days of the Concor. But here it's a bit wider and has more padding. Those who like the Rocket V...

Submitted by james a Racer from chicago il

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2010

Strengths:    reflective panel on back good for commuting

Weaknesses:    rails are too weak

Bottom Line:
this saddle came on a used cx bike i bought. i noticed the seat flexing really badly on my remounts during cx races. after just 2 races, i realized that the saddle had become lopsided. and i only weigh 150. i would not recommend this saddle for anything more than road riding

Purchased At:   off some guy

Similar Products Used:   cheap forte racing saddles, specialized saddles

Bike Setup:   kona jake the snake

Submitted by vitiate a Cross Country Rider from Sacto, ca

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2010

Strengths:    Keeps your butt off the seatpost

Weaknesses:    uncomfortable, heavy, semi-expensive, ugly

Bottom Line:
Far too padded for my liking. I like to sit on my 'sit-bones', not my butt.

The padding was excessive and uncomfortable. Removed and returned after very few rides.

Saddle padding may appeal to recreational riders, not racers or speed-driven enthusiasts.

Favorite Trail:   any

Purchased At:   performance

Similar Products Used:   saddle vader, serfas furano

Bike Setup:   hardtail xc

Submitted by mtbbiker@heart a Weekend Warrior from Corona, CA

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2010

Strengths:    Construction (well made), Comfortable, no numbness

Weaknesses:    None!!

Bottom Line:
Being a 200+lb rider, I could not ride more than 5 miles without going numb in the saddle. I tried different versions of gel saddles, gel type shorts with no improvement. First ride out of the box, I had no numbeness for the entire ride. I have gone back to my basic chamois style shorts, and can ride in complete comfort. The narrower saddle with the "love" channel did the trick. I would recommend this saddle to all you guys out there that have ever suffered any discomfort in the saddle. I also like the one piece smooth saddle vs. SLT multi material. It removes any seam rubbing that could cause discomfort. After a year of riding this saddle, I could not be more pleased with it. My time in the saddle has continued to increase, and 30+ mile rides are common place now.

Favorite Trail:   Chino Hills State Park any trail

Purchased At:   Adrenalin Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Gel saddles of various manufacturers.

Bike Setup:   Trek Fuel 90, and now Trek Fuel EX9

Submitted by Boogie Man?s Nightmare a Cross Country Rider from Czech Republic

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2010

Strengths:    Price, comfort for shorter rides, cover durability

Weaknesses:    durability against harder hits, comfort for long rides in saddle, narrow nose

Bottom Line:
For rides up to 1,5 hour it´s comfortable but for longer ones the padding starts to feel to soft under my 200 lbs. With the newest saddle, Bontrager, that´s also not the right one, I discovered the sweet feature of wide nose I missed on WTB, especially on long technical climbs.

Similar Products Used:   WTB Speed V, Bontrager Rhythm

Bike Setup:   RB Monster AM, Marzocchi AM1 SL with Fox Vanilla R shock, Syncros cockpit, Elixir CR, Sram X7, Syncros Rims with DT Swiss hubs

Submitted by mike a Cross Country Rider from ventura, ca, usa

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2010

Strengths:    Comfort, weight, cost

Weaknesses:    None (really)

Bottom Line:
Without a doubt, this is the most comfortable Mtn bike saddle I have used. I took it on the roughest trail I could find for the first ride and never had any comfort issues. The padding to weight ratio seems to be just right, and although there is adequate padding, it is also supportive, not overly spongey. The center groove does relieve pressure. All in all a great choice for a XC saddle.

Favorite Trail:   Gridley