Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

• 210g

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Lew a Weekend Warrior from UK

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2010

Strengths:    Fairly comfortable, good shape, light, inexpensive.

Weaknesses:    Stitching = too much grip on seat in some situations, why so much stitching? Lighter more comfortable seats out there, but for more money of course.

Bottom Line:
    It's not bad, and I'd be pretty happy with this if it came on a new bike, but compared to a Fizik Gobi XM, which is to be fair much more expensive, the laser is a tiny bit heavier, less cool looking and less comfortable.

Also I'm used to saddles without stitching or much less, and the stitching seems to get in my way, that is because I like to slide around the saddle on descents and move my weight around according to the terrain.

The previous reviews say the saddle will last, and I can't argue with the durability given I haven't had much time on it, but if price is no issue, or you are an endurance rider, possibly think again.

Similar Products Used:   Fizik Gobi XM, Selle Royal etc

Bike Setup:   XC

Submitted by Gatorzman a Weekend Warrior from Tampa, FL, USA

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2009

Strengths:    I read all the MTBR reviews on this saddle here before buying this saddle. I have over a year using this saddle since purchasing it. This is the best saddle I've ever had. There was no pain right out of the box. I can ride for many hours with no problems. Although skinny it is stable enough that I can easily ride with no hands on the trails (when needed). The stitching stayed strong with no noticeable wear until about 9 months in. Although the white stitching has started to wear thin, the pieces of the saddle haven't been affected and there is no concern it will be needed to be replaced any time soon.

Weaknesses:    Stitching wearing thin

Bottom Line:
    This has been a great buy for the money and I would definitely do it again.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by friedwilly a Weekend Warrior from Yorktown Hts., NY USA

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2009

Strengths:    Comfort, weight and finish

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
    I purchased this seat based on other reviews of the stock seats that came on my Fisher. This seat is great. It's very comfortable on long rides and no worries of bruised tail bones. Definitely a must purchase if you want a lightweight and comfortable seat.

Purchased At:   Danny's Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager SSR

Bike Setup:   09 Fisher Pirahna

Submitted by Wrobo84 a Weekend Warrior from Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2009

Strengths:    Affordability, strength, and comfort.

Weaknesses:    Silk screening wore off quickly, but I'm not one to judge products on looks.

Bottom Line:
    I purchased this product to replace my stock Bontrager saddle that came on my bike. The Bontrager rails bent within the first year. This saddle broke in quickly and has made long rides much more enjoyable. The rails have also withstood the abuse of my 205 lb body with all the abuse I have thrown at it. Withstands mud, water, dirt, and snow greatly.

Favorite Trail:   Ft. Custer Battle Creek, MI

Purchased At:   Niagara Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager Stock Saddle

Bike Setup:   Trek 4500 w/ upgrades

Submitted by Ian Hatton a Weekend Warrior from New Port Richey, FL

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2007

Strengths:    Comfy as heck, I'm getting another one.

Weaknesses:    I bent my rails.

Bottom Line:
    I really do honestly love this saddle, But sadly the rails bent. I should also mention that I'm only like 160 pounds. Still, this is a really old saddle, I got it from my neighbor about 3 years ago when I bought his bike from him. It was a retired Police bike, our guestimate is that it's from 97.

5 stars for Value
    and 4 stars because it did bend.

Favorite Trail:   Alafia

Purchased At:   Given to me

Similar Products Used:   Nothing really comparable

Bike Setup:   Kona Fire Mountain w/ 120 mm Manitou Black Platinum 120mm fork and a bunch of other upgrades.

Submitted by Michael Hooper a Weekend Warrior from Cayon, TX, USA

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2006

Strengths:    just the right size and shape. perfect feel, not too hard or too soft. not too big or small. just the best MTB saddle i have ever used.

Weaknesses:    mine split at the seem with the love channel. and the staples came undone.

Bottom Line:
    i wish that it would have stayed together longer. i would like to buy another, because i loved this.... but do i want to spend a chunk of change on something that is going to just fall apart again?

Favorite Trail:   northshore, grapevine, TX

Purchased At:   mad duck adventure sports

Similar Products Used:   lots

Bike Setup:   trek 4500 aa (hardtail) with lots of mods.

Submitted by Zoltan a Cross Country Rider from Budapest, Hungary

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2005

Strengths:    Perfect shape, love channel, flexibility, weight

Weaknesses:    will not last long

Bottom Line:
    The first WTB saddle that is really suitable for racing, the oldschool sst was too wide at the middle. The WTB-like dropped nose is genial on the hard climbs. The love channel is a great idea that actually works. The flexibility of the seat makes the ride comfortable, but after a year or so (13 000 kms)the middle is too flexible, and if you are not sitting on the rear section (when you are climbing) it is not so comfortable any more.
    My Flite is 3 years old, looks disgusting but works perfectly, like a new one.

Favorite Trail:   Sorrento

Similar Products Used:   the original SST, Flite, S.Marco Aspide, Era K, Avocet X-Country

Bike Setup:   Author Sector, SID Team w remote, XT, Sram X9, Mavic, Michelin, Ritchey, ATAC Carbon

Submitted by b s a Weekend Warrior from il

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2004

Strengths:    light weight, side/corner durability, mid price range

Weaknesses:    are the seams and exterior stitching really necessary, product design should rethink manufacturing to eliminate this characteristic

Bottom Line:
    flexible shell in middle. rubberized cutout pocket for pern. tissue relief really works. just enough padding under sit bones. a very good value to perf rating. many of today's styles scrimp on padding just to save weight and acheive a "racer" look, this saddle is quite contrary.

Favorite Trail:   moab

Purchased At:   pbs

Similar Products Used:   turbo/bontrager/flite/slr/titanio

Bike Setup:   road and mtb

Submitted by Tino Saloomen a Weekend Warrior from Granada Hills, Ca.

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2003

Strengths:    Comfort, style and quality of worksmanship.

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
    After my first ride, I was amazed as to how nice this seat is. You really do get what you pay for!

It felt great. Very comfortable. I'd highly suggest purchasing one. This thing is designed very well with most riders in mind. I'm 5'11", 200lbs and this thing fits me like a glove. It must feel like a nice sofa for the lighter folks.

Purchased At:   Supergo

Similar Products Used:   Specialized BG that came w/the 03' Epic

Bike Setup:   03' Epic w/some XTR upgrades

Submitted by HTail from SF Bay area

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2003

Strengths:    Nice shape, perfect for trail riding. Plenty of padding in the right places without feeling or looking over stuffed.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
    Great saddle! The shape and initial sit-on-the-bike with jeans felt a little edgy after using a more rounded profile Terry saddle. But once in biking shorts and on the trail, the seat rocks! The shape is very complimentary for the climbs, bumps and descents that us mtn bikers do. It feels very stable without being obtrusive between the legs. Nice amount of padding in the right places. I'm impressed & would recommend it.