Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

WTB Pure V Stealth Saddle

4.57/5 (7 Reviews)
Weight : 240 grams MSRP : $130.00

Crafted to fit the natural contours of the body, the Pure V delivers support, ergonomics, and function unlike any other. Featuring the traditional WTB drop nose, relieving Love Channel and Comfort Zone features and our Whale-Tail pedaling platform, the Pure V is the ultimate body-tuned saddle.

• Padding: DNA
  • Rails: Titanium
  • Cover: Leather / Kevlar

Submitted by Indiana Andy a Weekend Warrior from Indianapolis, IN

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2008

Strengths:    Its really light.

Weaknesses:    Its a little stiff

Bottom Line:
Its not a bad saddle. The width is about right for my sit bones and its easy to get back off the seat and behind it for downhill sections. Personally i was hoping it would be a little more cushy. Its just really stiff. Also the stitching on the side didnt last me but maybe a few rides and it was coming apart. I think for the money it could be a little more comfy and there are other seats out there that are way more comfortable and LESS expensive. This seat shouldnt be more than about $60 IMO. I just dont think its worth the money.

Favorite Trail:   Brown County

Purchased At:   a website

Similar Products Used:   other WTB

Bike Setup:   Klein Attitude

Submitted by Redball409 a Weekend Warrior from Stafford, Va. USA

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2008

Strengths:    Slightly wider than other WTBs, good design and construction.

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
I am 6'1 200lbs an this seat fits me well.
Very comfortable regardless of position... riding on rear or up front when climbing.

Favorite Trail:   Quarry

Purchased At:   P Mart

Bike Setup:   hardtail

Submitted by James a Weekend Warrior from Rochester, NY, USA

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2008

Strengths:    light, comfortable, looks good

Bottom Line:
great seat, the leather is a lot more comfortable than the synthetic, not to mention this saddle looks amazing. found a great deal on it too.

Favorite Trail:   dryer road

Similar Products Used:   wtb speed v

Submitted by Mike a Cross Country Rider from Mt Pleasant, SC, USA

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2007

Strengths:    Most comfortable saddle I've ever ridden. Looks cool too.

Weaknesses:    Price (but having ridden many different saddles the comfort level is worth the $$).

Bottom Line:
I have been happy with every WTB saddle I've ever owned but the Stealth takes top dog. As long as WTB keeps turning out saddles like they can count on my exclusive business.

Favorite Trail:   Bavington

Purchased At:   Black Dog Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Various other WTB, Bontrager, Titec Ithys

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Heckler

Submitted by Dana a Weekend Warrior from Hachioji, Japan

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2006

Strengths:    Comfy seat that looks good too.

Weaknesses:    There are several stitching seems that might be uncomfortable for some.

Bottom Line:
This seems like the wider version of the WTB Rocket, which was exactly what I was looking for. I can ride all day; day after day, without any soreness 'down there'. The center of the seat does flex slightly to accomodate rough terrain. I would recommend this seat to anyone who is looking for something slightly wider than your standard saddle.

Purchased At:   PerformanceBike.com

Similar Products Used:   WTB Rocket (too thin for my bottom)

Bike Setup:   GT Avalanche 1.0 (XL)

Submitted by E Weeden a Cross Country Rider from Scottsdale, AZ 85259

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2006

Strengths:    Light, comfortable, easy to maneuver on.

Weaknesses:    None that I can think of

Bottom Line:
I have been riding on this saddle for a little over a year in off road triathlons like Xterra. It has been durable (surviving a few crashes here and there) and comfortable. I think WTB makes a good product as far as saddles go. I would go with this or the Rocket depending on your preference regarding width - the Pure is wider.

Purchased At:   SuperGo

Similar Products Used:   Nothing worth mentioning

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher

Submitted by Dan0 a Cross Country Rider from Nashua, NH USA

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2006

Strengths:    comfortable

Weaknesses:    slightly wide, rails bent

Bottom Line:
the most comfortable seat I've had, a little sticky, maybe because of the padding or width. would of rated higher but the rails bent, not enough to make a diff. but I can see the seat is tilted