Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

WTB Pure V Pro Saddle

4.3/5 (10 Reviews)
Weight : 250g MSRP : $82.99

The Pure V features a distinctive drop nose design, wide whale-tail pedaling platform and an ergonomic contoured shape, incorporating a Flex-Tuned shell with Comfort Zone cutouts.The Pure V isThe saddle choice of freeride legends Wade Simmons andThomas Vanderham. Nicro rails Synthetic cover Weight: 250 g

Submitted by Mike1237 a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2013

Strengths:    Very comfortable/Relatively Light Weight

Weaknesses:    None so far. I guess I wish the fabric was leather instead of synthetic. Whatever?

Bottom Line:
I think this is a great saddle for the money. If you look hard enough you can usually find them for under $70 online. For me this saddle is cushy enough to ride all day on. Before I had this I was using a WTB Silverado SLT saddle which is an ultralight race saddle. It's pretty comfy, but beyond 20 miles or so on my bike I start having to stand to relieve the hot spots for short periods. I got the pro v to use as my everyday non race/training saddle and I'm really happy with it. It's plenty comfortable for most mildly conditioned bikers to use for long rides . I don't get sore at all and it makes riding all that much more pleasurable. It's durable enough for the cross country trail and cushy enough for long road rides. As for me I'll keep this on my bike almost full time and swap out for the lighter Silverado on race day. There would be nothing wrong with racing the pro v however. If your looking for a versatile saddle that's durable, relatively light, comfortable and doesn't break the bank this is it. I did notice another user did not post a favorable review for it's durability in consideration of downhill conditions. I can't speak to downhill but for for any cross country trail riding I'm certain this seat would be fine for for anyone 250 pounds or under in rugged cross country conditions.

Favorite Trail:   Potowatami

Duration Product Used:   2 Seasons

Purchased At:   Jenson

Similar Products Used:   Speacialized Phenom and WTB Silverado

Bike Setup:   Niner MCR

Submitted by aknoefel a Cross Country Rider from San Francisco Bay Area

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2010

Strengths:    The curved profile offers multiple seating positions, preventing sore spots. The drop-downb nore prevents snags when climbing.

Bottom Line:
Finally a saddle that works for me! Other test rides left sore spots, but this one fits by behind like a second skin. Cormy on long climbs, single track, etc,...

Favorite Trail:   Saratoga Gap

Purchased At:   Passion Trail Bikes

Similar Products Used:   WTB Devo, WTB Vigo, Specialized Henge, Specialized Rival

Bike Setup:   2007 Giant Trance 1 with Elixir CR's 208/185 brake upgrade.

Submitted by Uncle Six Pack a Weekend Warrior from Bloomsburg, PA, USA

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2010

Strengths:    comfortable, pretty durable, got really good prices on ebay by being patient

Bottom Line:
Great seat, no complaints. They have gotten some wear around the edges, but seem pretty durable otherwise.

Similar Products Used:   specialized

Bike Setup:   One pure V on my Specialized Hardrock and another on my SX Trail

Submitted by Norco_Hitter a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2010

Strengths:    Comfortable

Weaknesses:    NiCro tubular rail are very weak

Bottom Line:
Don’t buy this saddle! It lasted three days on my DH bike before the rails were totally bent and the saddle tad totally changed shape. The NiCro tubular rail are very weak (shame on you WTB) and bend in no time. This was not my fault at all. I weight 200 lbs

Favorite Trail:   Hell Rajd, Åre Sweden

Purchased At:   CRC

Similar Products Used:   WTB Lazer Cr rails, Fizik Gobi XM, SDG Bel Air

Bike Setup:   Scott Gambler DH 10

Submitted by mojavehanna a Cross Country Rider from Las Vegas, NV. USA

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2009

Strengths:    Comfy, good quality, looks good, fairly light.

Weaknesses:    has a slight "creak".

Bottom Line:
This is a good seat for the money. It could be a little longer overall, but if your looking for a narrow high performance saddle that you can still actually ride for a few hours at a time look no further. I like this seat because it is narrow and I can slide off the back of the bike without hanging up on the seat. I also like the Kevlar side bumpers that keep the seat from tearing the first time you fall over. The quality seems to be decent and the durability good as well. Bottom line, a good seat for the money.

Purchased At:   Bluesky Bikes

Similar Products Used:   I have used lots of seats in my day.

Bike Setup:   GT LTS

Submitted by diamondback_hardtail a Cross Country Rider from Cincinnati, OH U.S.A

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2008

Strengths:    nice comfortable feel once adjusted

Weaknesses:    Has a tendency to start hurting after you have been stationary in it for 10+ miles

Bottom Line:
Not the most comfortable saddle out there but definately bang for your buck.

Purchased At:   came on bike

Bike Setup:   '08 Diamondback Response Sport

Submitted by Brett a Cross Country Rider from Long Beach, Ca.

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2008

Strengths:    comfortable

Bottom Line:
For the price this is a durable and comfortable saddle.

Favorite Trail:   All

Purchased At:   Price point

Similar Products Used:   Have this saddle on all 4 of my mountain bikes.

Submitted by Hektor a Cross Country Rider from Orlando

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2008

Strengths:    Good materials, design, and construction

Weaknesses:    None at all

Bottom Line:
As with all WTB products I've tried they got this one right too. It's the most comfortable saddle I've ridden by a long shot. The drop nose design, dimensions and everything about this saddle fit me perfectly. Obviously saddles are a personal thing, but I doubt I could ever be lured away from this one. Built well, designed well, looks good too.

Favorite Trail:   Most Anything

Purchased At:   Internet

Similar Products Used:   Serfas, Bontrager, and others I've forgotten

Bike Setup:   Highly Modified Trek 8000

Submitted by Johnny a Weekend Warrior from Billings, Mt

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2008

Strengths:    Very comfortable. Narrow, race-type nose that doesn't interfere with pedaling. Wider aft section, way more comfortable for pedaling long single track.

Weaknesses:    None so far. Some talk of the stitching rubbing on inner thighs in these lines of saddles, but I've been on it a couple weeks with no signs of this.

Bottom Line:
Excellent seat for the money. I couldn't see spending the $200+ dollars for titanium. The Fat Possum is a heftier bike anyway, I'm not concerned about grams here and there. I'm a bit of a clydesdale, and the narrow race seats kill me on longer days in the saddle. On my first trip out on this seat it was a noticeable difference. time will tell about durability, but I am happy with the design for sure.

Favorite Trail:   Zimmerman