Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

WTB Pure V Comp Saddle

WTB Pure V Comp Saddle The Pure V features a distinctive drop nose design, wide whale-tail pedaling platform and an ergonomic contoured shape. The preferred saddle on many All-Mountain bikes. WTB Pure V Comp Saddle Specifications: Usage: nbsp;Mountain Size: nbsp;Mid-width x long (148mm x 273mm) Details: Synthetic cover, Flex-tuned shell, Comfort Zone, ABR corners Rail: Satin steel Weight: 360g Buy WTB Pure V Comp Saddle from Chain Reaction Cycles, the world's largest online bicycle store.

Submitted by PeytonP

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2014

Strengths:    Cheap and incredibly comfortable.
Looks great.

Weaknesses:    Thicker padding means more weight, but there are lighter versions available if you want to pay.
Lots of exposed stitching (no discomfort for me, though).

Bottom Line:
I'm 6'3" and gear up around 210 lbs. After two years of pain and personal issues on a Fizik Gobi saddle on a 160mm DS, I had enough of the discomfort that lingered days after a ride.
I put 20 miles on a demo WTB Speed V and, while a step in the right direction, it still left some sore spots and discomfort after the ride.
I swapped to the Pure V two days later and felt the sore spots when I sat down, but the pain disappeared quickly and 20 more miles left me with no discomfort- even the previous ride's pain was gone.
I ordered the Pure V Pro that is lighter, supposedly stronger, and does not have exposed stitching on the top of the saddle. It was twice the price, but I expect to put some serious time and miles on it.