Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

2.6/5 (5 Reviews)

• Titanium
  • Weight: 265g
  • Details: leather and synthetic | dna | soft shell
  • IS version has internal stitching

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by tribune

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2012

Strengths:    Lightweight

Weaknesses:    Broke a seat rail on the way UP san juan trail here in socal.

Bottom Line:
    I called WTB and they refused to warranty the broken titanium rail after they requested I ship it to them! Now I'm out $15 in shipping and I will never buy another product from this company because they don't stand behind their made-in-china saddles.

Submitted by tednugent a Weekend Warrior from Northern NJ

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2009

Strengths:    Pretty comfy seat....titanium rails are nice for the weight...

Weaknesses:    Same issue as Luke. After a minor fall, the saddle twisted off from the rails. Luckily this happened on a road event, so I managed. Maybe WTB needs to add a few extra ounces by putting another crossbrace over the rails, so this shouldn't happen again.

Bottom Line:
    Don't fall down. You'll be pissed how fragile the seat is.

Similar Products Used:   whatever saddle that came with my rockhopper

Bike Setup:   rockhopper comp 29er

Submitted by Scott a Cross Country Rider from Korea

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2008

Strengths:    Light, Very Comfortable, Leather seating area will only mold to you better after time.

Weaknesses:    I would have liked the sides made from Kevlar fabric instead of "pleather". Its sort of wide if you if you compare it to the average race saddle; I have no problems with it at all. A little pricey if you dont get it on sale.

Bottom Line:
    After my first ride I knew i picked a winner. A ton lighter than the Speed V, and even more comfortable. It really feels like it was made especially for MY backside. I think the difference might be the Titanium rails vs. the Cro-mo ones i had before. If you are looking for a good saddle and don't have a favorite brand/style, this is an excellent place to start!

Purchased At:   Price Point.com

Similar Products Used:   WTB Speed V- It was really cheap and comfortable but also really heavy.
    Specialized Body Goemetry- Hardcore gram weenie racing saddle. Not at all comfortable. Traded it for Speed V.

Bike Setup:   SPecialized Stumpjumper Hard Tail. 75mm SID fork. XC set up.

Submitted by Adam Hopkins a Cross Country Rider from Plainwell, MI, USA

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2008

Strengths:    Comfortable & Lite

Weaknesses:    None that I can see

Bottom Line:
    Fantastic saddle. On any given weekend I can take a 5 hour ride but my butt never complains. (Thudbuster helps) I'm 220 lbs but I love to ride and race. I rode over 400 miles last year and have well over 1,000 miles of single track on this saddle.

Favorite Trail:   Fort Custer

Purchased At:   Online

Similar Products Used:   Other WTB & factory saddles

Bike Setup:   Litespeed hardtail w/ Thudbuster, XT component set, Race-Face cranks & BB, lite but all-mountain.

Submitted by Luke from Detroit, MI, USA

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2008

Strengths:    Very good customer support. Comfortable while they last.

Weaknesses:    Fragile. Strangely fragile.

Bottom Line:
    This is one of those frustrated reviews.

I have owned two of these saddles. Both malfunctioned in the same way. After minor crashes (really lame, embarassing tip overs in slow swithchbacks), the seat pulled off the titanium rails. They are not possible to put back on. Not with tools, definately not on the trail. I went out and bought a 20$ used Fizik at my lbs to fill in while WTB shipped me a third saddle, I don't think I'll go back to WTB. They did replace them with a little hassle the first time and no hassle at all the second time. WTB: fix the build.