Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

WTB Laser V Stealth Saddle

4.53/5 (81 Reviews)
Weight : 238 grams

• Light, anatomic supportive racing saddle
  • Features the Love Channel and Comfort Zone Shoft-Shell technology
  • Black leather cover with titanium rails

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by dblspeed a Cross Country Rider from Dublin

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2011

Strengths:    It's a saddle.

Weaknesses:    Natural leather not the best in wet weather, degrades fast in the hot sun. Gel padding became hard as a rock after a year or so. This saddle made me sensitive areas feel NUMB.

Bottom Line:
    This saddle did not work as advertised for me, only kept it for so long only because I was using on my SS and I wasn't sitting very much.

Favorite Trail:   Anything unpaved

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Romin, Phenom, Henge, Alias.

Submitted by Rick a Weekend Warrior from Mililani, HI

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2008

Strengths:    Comfort for the long haul.

Weaknesses:    None to speak of.

Bottom Line:
    This is by far the greatest seat I've owned. I've had it on three different bikes now including one hardtail. I can't see myself buying another brand, or model for that matter. The Laser V is obviously a little wider than the other models but it's perfect for me.

Favorite Trail:   Secret

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia Flite gel; original equipment saddles.

Bike Setup:   Chumba XCL

Submitted by Christian Wessel a Cross Country Rider from SC

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2007

Strengths:    Sidewall is abrasion resistant.
    Very confortable even after 4 hours of riding.
    'Love Channel'
    Soft nose.
    Acts like a suspension.
    Doesn't stay moist.

Weaknesses:    Weight ? Actually if there are heavier saddles that are less confortable, then it could be considered light!

Bottom Line:
    You can't expect anything else from a saddle.
    The nose tip is confortable and wide enough to acomodate your weight on those long climbs, yet it is narrow enough to not rub in your tighs when you are seated on it's back. That is a perfect balance hard to find on many saddles.
    The frame is made of a very confortable material that deforms as an actual 'suspension', it is not like those saddles that are very smooth when you clench your fist but when you seat on them it will bottom out pretty easy with your weight, losing this capability to absorb impacts.
    There is a fabric on it's sidewall that is abrasion resistant, right where it most demands.
    The center groove relieves pressure under your vital parts, I feel confortable even on those last few minutes when I'm almost back home after a long ride. I consider it the best money can buy. Unless you're a weight weenie that scales your bike more often than you ride it, this saddle may be the perfect choice.

Favorite Trail:   Down, anything

Similar Products Used:   WTB Pure V Stealth; Specialized BG Comp

Bike Setup:   Titus Motolite 2006 with Shimano Deore XT 2008.

Submitted by David a Cross Country Rider from San Francisco, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2007

Strengths:    Lightweight, good width, and comfy.

Weaknesses:    Ti rails might not be best for a clyde (broke the rails once)

Bottom Line:
    I just finished riding 47 hours over 7 days on this saddle... logging roads and singletrack... and this saddle was comfy and while I can't say my butt never got sore after that much time in the saddle, it was really just minor (and nothing compared to the soreness in my legs!).

I've been riding with a Laser V on my bikes for 2-3 years now, but given my recent experience, I felt compelled to write a positive review!

Favorite Trail:   Tahoe Rim Trail

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   Rocket V

Bike Setup:   A couple of bikes: Turner Burner, On-One Inbred Singlespeed 29er

Submitted by BRIAN a Cross Country Rider from LAGUNA BEACH, CA. USA

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2007

Strengths:    Lightweight, WTB has a plethora of styles to choose from - any type rider can be happy. Kevlar sides, titanium rails sloped nose and good looks make this a great ass cushion.

Weaknesses:    MSRP is a bit hard to swallow (120 duckets for the Ti rail model) but ebay has some for a good price.

Bottom Line:
    I was getting some burning pain in my right glut and nut (Pudendal nerve entrapment / compression)I figured it was time to replace the seat. After reading a lot of reviews I picked the Laser V Stealth Ti as best suited for my riding (XC and trying to hammer up hills as fast as possible - not a DH bomber)
    Let me tell you, this seat is a little bit o' heaven. From the very first ride the difference was profound and I no longer felt the burning nut pain. Great support in just the right places and it encourages seated steep uphill climbs. I'm 5'10" and 173 lbs and I can tell you this seat is so good I just had to write about it.

Favorite Trail:   MEADOWS in ALISO WOODS

Purchased At:   EBAY

Similar Products Used:   Jeez, too many to list. Specialized Geometry came off last (a brick thinly veiled as a bike seat).

Bike Setup:   Specialized Stumpy hardtail - much carbon, XT and XTR components. Thomson set-back, FSA carbon stem, Easton EC low rise, Cane creek S-8, Salsa bits scattered around.

Submitted by Loren Bourassa a Cross Country Rider from Clackamas, OR, USA

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2007

Strengths:    Light, Looks cool

Weaknesses:    Too soft for us heavier riders. Made in Taiwan?

Bottom Line:
    I have a hard time tossing this saddle because of how much I paid for it. It was the best saddle I had tried when I bought it, but if I had known how much more comfortable a Brooks B17 would be, I would have returned it after a few rides, as Bike Gallery has a saddle demo/return policy. It's incredibly light, and I keep the saddle as a race only saddle (short races). It's comfortable for a short time in the saddle, but turns into a big burning hotspot after 15 mins in the saddle. It has a way of gripping your butt and not letting go. My Brooks saddles are nice and smooth, and let your butt find it's happy place, this saddle keeps you searching for it. It was an improvement over every other saddle I had tried, but man, do yourself a favor and try a B17 if you're having a hard time finding a comfortable saddle. They've been making saddles for quite a long time, and seem to have really figured things out.

Favorite Trail:   guedoloco@hotmail.com

Purchased At:   Bike Gallery

Similar Products Used:   Brooks B17, Stock WTB on Yeti 575, Fizik Nisene

Bike Setup:   Klein Attitide Comp (hardtail)

Submitted by JOe a Weekend Warrior from Oxnard

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2007

Strengths:    Comfortable

Bottom Line:
    my rocket saddler sort of broke down, this is way more durable and better comfort

Similar Products Used:   WTBH Rocket

Submitted by Dustin a Weekend Warrior from Savannah, GA, USA

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2006

Strengths:    Seems strong for steel. Ride for hours with no butt pain!

Weaknesses:    Maybe just a little bouncy.

Bottom Line:
    I forgot about the saddle. Until my seatpost broke. Seems to just mold to the sitbones, pretty easy to get off the back, great all around.

Favorite Trail:   FATS- Great Wall

Purchased At:   jensonusa.com

Similar Products Used:   Stock Giant, Pure V

Bike Setup:   Stock Giant Yukon

Submitted by Mike a Cross Country Rider from TN

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2006

Strengths:    Very comfortable yet still firm enough, light, looks cool

Weaknesses:    None that I have found

Bottom Line:
    Buy this seat!! It is the best seat I have ever had. It's not too hard, not too soft..but just right!!
    Seriously,,,,buy this seat, you wont' regret it.

Purchased At:   Pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   Fizik that came stock on my C'dale Rush

Bike Setup:   Rush 800 stock..for now..

Submitted by Daniel a Cross Country Rider from Phoenix

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2006

Strengths:    Very comfortable and durable

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
    This is the best seat I have used. It is tough and comfortable.

Favorite Trail:   The closest one I can ride

Similar Products Used:   Specialized BG products

Bike Setup:   Epic, XTR, Crossmax, etc..

Submitted by Tim from Newport Beach, CA

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2005

Strengths:    I have this saddle on two bikes. Great saddle, comfy. Bent the ti rails on my SS. WTB has a $25 replacement crash replacement policy. Marty the CS guy is the man. The cover was wearing off the nose and thought they might not do it. Got my saddle back looks like new.

Bottom Line:
    Great saddle. Great company.

Purchased At:   Adrinaline

Similar Products Used:   Selle Spec. Bonty

Bike Setup:   5 Spot, rigid Ibis ti SS

Submitted by K Totten from Racine, WV, US

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2005

Strengths:    Looks great, well made.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
    I would hate to know how many bike seats I have hanging in my basement. I've never been able to find one that didn't hurt my butt, especially on long climbs. I ordered this seat after reading the reviews and I'm glad I did. I rode today and climbed a fire road that usually has my butt numb half way up and experienced no pain whatsoever, and the seat isn't even broken in yet! I'll be ordering another one soon for my road bike soon.

Favorite Trail:   Any

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Similar Products Used:   Too many to list...

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Prophet 1000(stock)

Submitted by Fil from Adelaide, SouthAustralia

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2005

Strengths:    Looks good, feels great!!! Well made!

Weaknesses:    Expensive

Bottom Line:
    After trying many seats, I read the reviews and found relief at last in the Laser V stealth! I now have it on 2 bikes, with a Rocket V on the steel "trainer" (its ok but the shape is too high at the rear and tends to "push" me forward - frame geometry plays a big part i think). Its well made and I love the tough edges so im not worried at laying it down or wearing it out. The weight is good for such a comfortable saddle, the lighter ones Ive tried seem to have absolutely no padding!
    I usually go for 1-3hr rides and can stay seated longer.
    Saddles are personal, I have a small butt, but (ha!) find these my perfect saddle!

Favorite Trail:   Any single track

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   WTB Speed V, WTB Rocket V, other cheap crap, "Gel" stuff etc,

Bike Setup:   Merida Magnesium with Moxey suspension seat post

Submitted by Anders a Weekend Warrior from Norway

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2005

Strengths:    It feels very comfortable at first, it's ligt, looks good.

Weaknesses:    After an hour in the saddle, it hurts like h***!

Bottom Line:
    Never experienced such butt-pain after a bike ride before as this saddle gives me. I suspect it being to wide for my behind, I feel much more comfortable on the narrower Custom Selle Italia Focus that came stock on my Element 50. I'm having big problems walking the stairs after a long ride on this saddle, so it's off my bike for good now.
    But as we know, saddles are an indiviual thing...

Purchased At:   slightly used

Similar Products Used:   a few Selle's and older wtb's.

Bike Setup:   Rocky Mountain Element 50 and Trek Liquid 30

Submitted by Brian Sevilla a Weekend Warrior from San Francisco, CA

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2005

Strengths:    I can feel my groin again!!! I am just getting into bike riding again so I purchased a new Trek and after my first ride on the stock Bontrager seat I had lost all feeling in my groin. I was seriously debating if it would hurt more to ride without the seat. Paid the full retail price at a local bike shop because I absolutely needed the seat in a hurry because I was going out of town for a ride and one day I want children. Very comfy seat and now I can ride without any pain

Weaknesses:    for me, cost, but it was definitely worth it. I'm not sure if you can really put a price on having feeling in the family jewels

Bottom Line:
    Very nice seat and I would buy it again.

Purchased At:   Lombardi Sports