Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

WTB Laser V Pro Saddle

3.78/5 (9 Reviews)

The Laser V Pro features a smooth shape with no sharp edges, making it a great saddle for XC, All Mountain or long-distance road riding. NiCro Rails Weight: 255 g

Submitted by DB a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2014

Strengths:    Great saddle. Had and have numerous WTB's

Weaknesses:    WTB Customer Service

Bottom Line:
Frame pulled out of saddle when I caught the nose on my shorts while standing up. Never expected a warranty as it was years old. Called WTB for procedure to fix it myself. Instead she told me to send in pics for warranty- Me So Happy! A week goes by and I get a email stating No warranty because I actually RODE IT (not age)! Me so sad.

Favorite Trail:   Da Rockies

Duration Product Used:   years

Similar Products Used:   WTB's, Specialized and Forte Saddles

Bike Setup:   Numerous bikes- Rigid, Full, Snow and Street.

Submitted by SnakeHandling SingleSpeeder a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2013

Strengths:    Comfort
Quality
WTB- need I say more?

Bottom Line:
I stumbled across this saddle on eBay and have it a shot. Best saddle by far. Lasts forever. Comfortable with or without bike shorts.

Submitted by STACKBARREL a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2012

Strengths:    Feels good. Not a pain in the a$$.

Weaknesses:    Zero

Bottom Line:
Been on the same seat since 2005. My Stumpy FSR came w/ a Specialized brand Body Geometry seat and it was a tourture device. I couldn't ride the bike 2 days in a row because it was so bad. Sat on a guys bike with a Lazer at the local trail and orderd one the next day. I'm 190 lbs and the seat still looks great. When it's time for a new seat, I'll by another!

Duration Product Used:   7 yrs

Similar Products Used:   SDG, Body Geometry

Bike Setup:   2005 Stumpy FSR 120

Submitted by idbrian a Cross Country Rider from Kittery, ME

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2010

Strengths:    Comfort

Weaknesses:    Construction

Bottom Line:
I am, or was, a big WTB saddle fan. I have found them all to be very comfortable. I weigh in at 190 with a very supple (and quite breathtaking) behind. The problem with this seat in particular is that they used synthetic leather on the front half of the saddle that is glued to a nylon fabric underneath. These two very slick textures do not adhere to each other well. As i think about it now it was probably due to the fact that with my new job i started leaving my bike on top of my car during the day in the sun. This probably weaking the adhessive and when i hop my chistled behind onto the saddle to ride, it just loosened the bond. I now have no synthetic left on my seat due to it tearing off.

Favorite Trail:   Mt A

Purchased At:   Bought new from pers

Similar Products Used:   Many WTB Rocket V's

Bike Setup:   Pivot Mach 5, custom

Submitted by tom12 a Cross Country Rider from michigan

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2010

Strengths:    Comfortable, fairly light weight, price

Weaknesses:    fabrics and textured simulated leather tend to collect dirt

Bottom Line:
Bought this saddle based on other reviews touting its comfort. I have been very pleased. It is just a little wider than my fizik nisene (another good saddle-on my other bike). A good saddle for my 200 lb body. I will be putting one on my tandem, too.

Favorite Trail:   anything with vertical

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Serfas Cosmos, nisene fizik

Bike Setup:   Jamis Dragon

Submitted by HK91 a Weekend Warrior from ohio

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2009

Strengths:    Advertisements - marketing

Weaknesses:    construction and quality

Bottom Line:
This product was horrible - flip one over and you can see the lack of detail and attention to quality. I ordered three saddles online that were WTB and none of them worked out - hard and uncomfortable - do not waste your time or money buying these products. I have no idea why these saddles would be rated as highly as I have read unless it is employees from the company writing the reviews. If you are looking for a quality saddle that has paid attention to construction and comfort I would suggest Fizik - do not keep buying the crap from China and Tawain or WTB.

Purchased At:   price point

Similar Products Used:   Several Specialized, Trek, Fizik

Bike Setup:   Trek Fuel EX 9.8

Submitted by xilant a Weekend Warrior from Canada

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2009

Strengths:    Light, strong, wide and comfortable

Weaknesses:    I've only tried it on my brother's bike. But we always rides together and he swears by it. No problems so far and he's had it for a year now.

Bottom Line:
I always try to save a few grams here and there and thus I always end up purchasing Selle Italia saddles. I currently have two bikes and each has a Selle Italia saddle (SLR Ti & C2 Gel Flow). Both of them are not very comfortable (little padding) and try to separate my butt cheeks (that's right, you know what I'm talking about).

The WTB Laser V Pro saddle looks like it weighs 350g (which is why i didn't buy one) but after trying it and looking up the specs I was very surprised to find out it only weighs 255 grams (same as my C2 Gel Flow!)

This saddle isn't as long as Selle Italia's, but it's a bit wider. you don't get that "but separating" feeling and it has plenty of padding to make it an extremely comfortable ride.

I sit on my saddle 70% of the time when I ride and about half way through on a Selle Italia my butt hurts but I could ride all day with this WTB.

This is an honest review by Xilant.

Favorite Trail:   Forest Lea Trails