Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

WTB Devo SLT Saddle

4.6/5 (20 Reviews)
Weight : 195g MSRP : $150.00

WTB Devo SLT Titanium Saddle. Broad, supportive Nylon fiber shell with perforated leather top. Rear Comfort Zones alleviate ischial pressure and better disperse rider weight. - Lightweight DNA padding with center channel to relieve pressure. - 265mm

Submitted by sroc3 a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2014

Strengths:    Very Comfortable
Lightweight (206 gms on my scale)

Bottom Line:
When i first received the saddle and put it up against my Bontrager one, I noticed how it was about 1 inch shorter in length. This concerned me at first but when I installed it, I lined it up w/ the rear of the existing saddle and then drew a line down to the rails. This saddle ROCKS. I usually would have some discomfort as my ride would start but right when I began my ride and rode for 3 hours.....No pain, no discomfort, no break-in. I'm very happy with it :)

Favorite Trail:   Sullivan Canyon and Sycamore Canyon

Duration Product Used:   1 week

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by EddyKilowatt a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2014

Strengths:    Seems well built, haven't had any durability issues in 3+ years. Fits me great, remarkably comfortable on long rides -- my butt's the only thing that DOESN'T hurt... but what fits you might be different.

Weaknesses:    Graphics wear off, but that just gives it a nice used-denim look.

Bottom Line:
As everyone else notes, the thing that matters is how the saddle fits YOUR unique arrangement of bones and squishy bits. There's nothing for it but to try several, this is a great way to patronize your Local Bike Shop, and buy the one that works for you. Even if it's not the lightest... this is not the place to obsess over grams or even ounces.

Favorite Trail:   Fort Ord: Lombard

Bike Setup:   Niner EMD hardtail, Thomson seatpost.

Submitted by Johnny RC a All Mountain Rider from Billings, Mt

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2012

Strengths:    Light, Comfortable, Shorter overall, so less snags with baggy shorts, but still very comfortable.

Weaknesses:    Minimal padding, proly not a good idea to ride without chamois on this. High dollar, but it comes across Chainlove now and then.

Bottom Line:
I was sceptical of this saddle, because it is so minimal, but it is actually really great. I replaced a WTB Pure V with the Devo, and glad I did. It's shorter, but still wide, and VERY light, and over the 2 hour rides I do, I have had less numbness with this. Also, I am a smaller rider, right on the cusp of Small and Medium frames, depending on brand, and this seat fits the shorter cockpit ALOT better. I have alot less snag issues with the nose on this seat. It's only been a month, but it seems to be solidly built, and all leather, so should stand up to my AM riding on my Titus El Guapo just fine. I picked it up on clearance, so took a chance.

If you find one on sale, pick it up and give it a try. It may surprise you.

Favorite Trail:   Silver Run

Purchased At:   Backcountry.com

Similar Products Used:   WTB Pure V, Bontrager select

Bike Setup:   Titus El Guapo, RS Sektor, RP23, otherwise mostly Race Face and Truvativ/SRAM components.

Submitted by Indytim a Cross Country Rider from Springfield, MO

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2010

Strengths:    Very supportive in the right places (seatbones), but nice breakaway for thigh clearance. Also compliant in the front. Lightweight, firm seat that's good for hours in the saddle on either my road bike or my 29er.

Weaknesses:    Um, they're not free?

Bottom Line:
This is a great seat for me and I use it across all of my bikes. But it may not fit for you -- it could carry 5 stars and still be a lousy fit for someone. Spend the time, try a bunch of seats to find the right one. They all fit a little differently.

Favorite Trail:   Busiek

Purchased At:   Don't remember

Similar Products Used:   I've tried about 10 different seats, including fizik, Terry Ti Fly, Serfas, etc. This is the only seat that works for me. I had it on my mountain bike, and was looking for something for my road bike. After 1.5 hours in a fitting session at my LBS, they finally suggested I go home and try my Devo on my road bike. I loved it, won't go back.

Bike Setup:   Paragon 29er with everything upgraded: SRAM X0, full RaceFace, etc etc.

Submitted by JeffS a Cross Country Rider from Raleigh, NC

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2009

Strengths:    Comfortable. Good thigh clearance, Thin but dense padding.

Weaknesses:    The leather cover is not as durable as some synthetics. The short and thin nose makes balancing with your thighs more difficult. I didn't notice until I put it on my road bike and tried to ride no-handed. This is a non-issue for the trails.

Bottom Line:
For me, this is the best saddle I've ever ridden. I ride it on the trails, on my daily commuter, and road bikes. Maybe I'd like a larger nose, but maybe it would take away something.

There's obviously a number of fans out there because ebay prices remain pretty high.

Similar Products Used:   30+ saddles including WTB, fizik, bontrager, brooks, etc.

Submitted by winsail a Cross Country Rider from Soquel

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2009

Strengths:    Great saddle, minimal padding but much more comfortable than heavily padded seats. This saddle keeps my butt from going numb on long rides. Best I've ever ridden

Weaknesses:    Graphics rub off fast. Not really an issue

Bottom Line:
Great saddle, Lightweight, comfortable, I ride at least 5 days a week and this saddle saves my butt. I would buy another.

Favorite Trail:   Enchanted Forest Loop

Purchased At:   Came with used bike

Similar Products Used:   Other WTB and Bontrager saddles

Bike Setup:   2008 Giant Trance X2 2008

Submitted by RobXC a Cross Country Rider from Baltimore

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2009

Strengths:    Light and comfortable

Weaknesses:    I guess not cheap, but I got mine for free.

Bottom Line:
After an unfortunate encounter with a clearance sign that took the life of my old WTB our local rep threw me this beauty. It definitely is hard, but after hours of ridding I am as comfortable as when I started. Maybe its a good thing that clearance sign took my old saddle out...

Similar Products Used:   Speed V

Submitted by mahshroom a Weekend Warrior from Evergreen Stae

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2009

Strengths:    Light, Good support, just enough flex and pad, but not too much that it'll give you a sore rear

Weaknesses:    saddle outer layer is prone to quick wear and tear

Bottom Line:
This saddle was purchased to replace my WTB rocket V because it was slightly wider. In first few 13 mile rides I noticed much improved comfort over Rocket V, that story ends there as my rear started to numb. The saddle is still too narrow for me and my seat bone boarders the edges of the saddle. If the width was right it'd make a comfortable saddle as it is not overly padded like many saddles out there. It gives just enough flex and pad to give feeling of a B17 leather saddle (trust me, nothing beats brooks saddle!!!). Would be a perfect racing saddle for those spend less time on the saddle. The cover material can be more durable as mine is wearing from shafting from only 1 season of use. I am going to save for another B17.

Favorite Trail:   Any

Similar Products Used:   WTB Rocket V

Submitted by TekBolt a Racer from Appleton, WI

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2008

Strengths:    Light weight, comfortable.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
After trying at least a dozen other light weight seats this one is the best for me, by far. It's a few millimeters wider than most racing-oriented seats, which fits my arse just right. There's not a lot of padding, but the seat base itself is rather compliant, allowing just the right amount of "give".

Favorite Trail:   Suamico Reforestation Camp

Similar Products Used:   Lots.

Bike Setup:   Trek Fuel 98 tuned with TekBolt titanium.

Submitted by linZ a Weekend Warrior from athens,ga,usa

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2008

Strengths:    light

Weaknesses:    tore my ass up

Bottom Line:
man this saddle did cruel things to my backside in no time flat

Favorite Trail:   chicopee

Similar Products Used:   wtb rocket, terry fly

Bike Setup:   giant trance x1

Submitted by J.S. a Cross Country Rider from Europe

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2008

Strengths:    flexible shell and rail, very light

Weaknesses:    too hard padding

Bottom Line:
Altogether good saddle but with my earlier experience is Devo worst saddle i ever used. After firs short ride i like this. If i ride three hours or more i have a problem to find right position. For me is too hard.

Similar Products Used:   Fizik Nisene, Fizik Dolomiti, WTB Rocket, Ritchey Vector, Selle San Marco Azoto

Bike Setup:   Giant XtC, Rock Shox Duke XC, Panaracer Fire XC, Easton, Mavic, Sram, Avid

Submitted by Herman a Cross Country Rider from New Zealand

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2008

Strengths:    Immensely comfortable from day one. It takes a while to get used to the flat surface but so good.

Weaknesses:    No kevlar on edges

Bottom Line:
Superb saddle

Purchased At:   R&R Sport

Similar Products Used:   Every top end saddle

Bike Setup:   Team Merida Trans-Mission

Submitted by D.F.L. from asheville

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2008

Strengths:    A bit wider than most. flatter from side to side and front to back.

Weaknesses:    No available scuff protection for the corners; it's not really marketed as an off-road saddle. It tends to 'sack out' a little

Bottom Line:
Best saddle(s) I've ever owned. I require a wider saddle and the Devo/Deva(don't be scared of the Deva. it's the same width and shape but has a VERY firm bit of gel inside. It's difficult to tell which one you're on) models fit my wider hips and keep the pressure away from the important bits. The rear of the saddle is very flat and I think that's the key to comfort. I also bought it because it looks quite flat from nose to tail, but with use, it develops some sag and more'saddle' to it. I do wish it stayed flatter because I have to point the nose up a bit in order to keep the rear seating portion of the saddle flat. Fairly minor complaint, though; like I said, it's the best I've ever tried.

Bike Setup:   ByStickel 29er HT.

Submitted by John a Cross Country Rider from Tucson, AZ

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2007

Strengths:    Comfort and durability, reasonably light.

Weaknesses:    none so far.

Bottom Line:
For me, this is the most comfortable saddle I have owned (and I have ridden on a lot). I use them on my road and mountain bike and can't be happier. They are a little pricey, but you can find screaming deals on them at Performance once in a while.

Favorite Trail:   Miligrosa