Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

WTB Deva HP Pro Saddle

The Deva saddle by WTB is a comfortable womens saddleThat featuresThe same supportive Flex-Tuned shell asThe Devo, but incorporates additional padding and strategic Gel inserts under a perforated leather cover for extra give.The Deva isThe saddle of choice forThe Proman/Paradigm elite women’s road cyclingTeam. 142 x 257 mm Cromoly rails Weight: 340 g

Submitted by Jessica

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2014

Strengths:    I have had this saddle a year and ridden well over 500 miles on it. It seemed pretty good at first in comparison to my prior light weight WTB saddle. It has decent padding and did not put my legs to sleep.

Weaknesses:    This saddle is not meant for long 15 + mile rides and does not seem very durable. It was good for the first 3 months I had it, but had steadily declined. As the other reviewer stated it is squeeky/creeky no matter how tight I make it. It did get a little less creeky when I cranked it as tight as I could, but it is still super creaky. I am disappointed. I found the womens specific WTB at ~40 bucks to be much more durable and a better value. I was trying to stick with a lighter saddle on my Carbon Santa cruz.... Going to try the Carma next.

Bottom Line:
It is an ok saddle if you are not riding 20 + miles frequently. The longer you ride on it the more creaky it gets and it is just not properly supportive (hence the creeking due to movement).

Submitted by Circes a Downhiller from santa cruz

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2010

Strengths:    This seat is considerably more comfortable than the Devo because of the extra gel padding. Comfortable enough on cross country rides. Hard and flat profile that didn't take more than 2 minutes to become accustomed to.

Weaknesses:    Landed hard on the seat after hitting a jump. Damn thing won't stop creaking even after I clam the thing down.

Bottom Line:
Its light and comfortable. I wouldn't pay MSRP for it but I don't believe in MSRP anyways.