Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

• 460g

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Brendan O'Neil a Cross Country Rider from Haverhill, MA, USA

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2003

Strengths:    Very comfortable. I have ridden up to 2 1/2 hours on it and never had any seat pain.

Weaknesses:    Two staples pulled out after about 10 hours of riding and the seat cover is hanging. Luckily, the little plastic rails screwed on to protect the seat have held this in check. Getting behind the seat for downhills is harder than with my skinnier SST.

Bottom Line:
    I have tried many seats over the years and have only found WTB saddles to work for me. I weigh 330 so seat pain has been an issue for me. I had had and loved my SST saddle for about 4 years, but I started to get numbness in the naughty bits over about two hours of riding. I decided to go for the Comfort V Race for its extra width and the groove. This is a very comfortable seat even up to 2 1/2 hours of riding with no problems. It's a little tough to get behind the seat for tough decents, but it's really designed for leisure not real riding. My only complaint is that the seat cover pulled out two of its staples in the middle between the plastic rails after about 10 hours. I'm giving it a 3 for quality and a 5 for comfort.

Favorite Trail:   Fort Rock, Exeter NH

Purchased At:   Cycle Loft

Similar Products Used:   WTB SST

Bike Setup:   1992 Bridgestone MB4 with rigid fork, LX 21 speed drivetrain, RaceFace riser bar, Sun Rhino Lites, 2.5" Ritchey Motovaders

Submitted by Vedran a Weekend Warrior from Croatia

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2003

Strengths:    It looks great and it's comfortable!!! After only 2 or 3 rides you can ride for hours without any problems.

Weaknesses:    It could be too wide for somebody

Bottom Line:
    Best saddle you can get with new bike. Great for beginers!

Similar Products Used:   SDG

Bike Setup:   MARIN quake

Submitted by Jeff a Weekend Warrior from Brewster, NY

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2002

Strengths:    Looks Good, Not so wide that it interferes with riding

Weaknesses:    Not as comfortable as it looks

Bottom Line:
    This saddle looks great, not anywhere near as clunky as the stock saddles on say, Trek Hybrids. After about 10 miles I find myself looking for an excuse to get off for a minute though. I'm not a fly-weight, but not heavy either, at about 185 pounds. I'm not taking any major bumps with this thing, just rail trails or pavement. The nose turns up at slightly to high an angle. If the seat is at the correct angle for good balance the nose starts to numb areas I'd rather have left alone. Also for those of you wishing to mount a Topeak wedge the rear rail angle makes it almost impossible. Not bad for a 35 dollar seat, but i think I'm going to have to split for a Koobi.

Similar Products Used:   Brooks leather, Selle Italia Gel

Bike Setup:   Marin Hybrid

Submitted by Rob Zwissler a Weekend Warrior from Chicago

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2002

Strengths:    Seems comfy

Bottom Line:
    I'm not an experienced rider, I've only had the seat for a few weeks. I've been on the seat for a 4 hour 40 mile limestone trek and it was still comfy at the end, while my friend was complaining about his big ol' gel seat was not feelin too good. Seems compact, enough padding for me, but it doesn't fit my Aero Wedge seat bag too well. The seat rail just bent but both WTB and my bike shop seem to have good customer service, so a replacement is no big deal. I have nothing to compare it with - so don't take my ratings too seriously ;) But I have no complaints either.

Purchased At:   Came with Marin Sausalito