Home | Reviews | Saddle | WTB

WTB Comfort V Comp Saddle

3.5/5 (6 Reviews)

The sporty Comfort V saddle suits recreational and leisure riders looking for a deeply cushioned saddle with broad sit bone support. High padding and internal stitching make the Comfort V the top choice for the WTB employee grocery-getter cruiser fleet.

Submitted by Barthbill a Weekend Warrior from el lay

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2009

Strengths:    very comfortable

Weaknesses:    Rails made of soft steel. Bend easily, even commuting on decent streets.

Bottom Line:
Only for lightweight riders on smooth roads. I would rate it 4 or 5 chilis if the rails were strong enough for a 240 lb tame rider. My seat is set high per Armstrong formula, so I don't sit on it with a lot of weight.

Favorite Trail:   any bike path or trail

Purchased At:   local

Bike Setup:   Duamondback Wildwood Deluxe 18 spd hybrid with Blackburn rear rack.

Submitted by chuck walters a Cross Country Rider from lompoc, ca

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2007

Strengths:    plush comfort and durable plus cheap!

Weaknesses:    back corners tear fairly easy.

Bottom Line:
I'm back on a hardtail because I like to keep it simple with less to break or go wrong 20 miles from the car.This seat takes up the slack of not having rear suspension. No prblem with the width at all.

Favorite Trail:   johns ranch

Purchased At:   cambria bikes

Similar Products Used:   lots of torture devices that weigh nothing.

Bike Setup:   stumpjumper pro hardtail.

Submitted by Micheal a Weekend Warrior from Memphis, TN

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2006

Strengths:    Comfortable, durable, PRICE

Weaknesses:    A little heavy.

Bottom Line:
Haven't bent the rails or torn the material on the seat yet (fall a good bit). I weight 200+ lbs and this saddle is very comfortable for my wide rear end. Great value for the price. I would recomend it to anyone who is looking for a durable saddle to protect their junk, for a good price, and isn't afraid of a little extra weight.

Favorite Trail:   Stanky Creek

Purchased At:   E-Bay

Similar Products Used:   Factory Fuji saddle and schwin walmart fall apart.

Submitted by JIM HILL a Weekend Warrior from MALDEN

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2005

Strengths:    NICE SUPPORT,TOUGH MATERIAL,QUALITY ESTETICS AND BUILD

Weaknesses:    YEA MAYBE A TAD WIDE BUT WELL WORTH IT FOR THE COMFORT!

Bottom Line:
FOR ME THIS WAS BY FAR THE MOST COMFORTABLE SEAT. AFTER SPENDING GOOD MONEY ON THE OTHER SEATS I TRIED THIS SEAT BASICALLY COST ME WELL OVER A HUNDRED TO FIND. I RIDE X-COUNTRY AND SOME ROCK GARDENS, BUT I RIDE WHERE I GO, SOMETIMES 40-60 MILES A DAY SO COMFORT WAS VERY IMPORTANT. I LOVE IT. YES IT IS A LIL WORK TO DOWNHILL WITH BUT THAT IS NOT THE MAJOR EVENT OF THE DAY FOR ME, IF IT IS FOR YOU THAN LOOK ELSE WHERE. I HATE THAT BRUISED TAILBONE FEELING THAT LINGERS FOR WEEKS AFTER A LONG RIDE AND I HAVE NOT HAD IT SINCE! I AM 37YO 5'10" 33" WAIST 180LB ---IT WORKS FOR ME.

Favorite Trail:   DOGTOWN

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   OCTAVIA GEL(WHICH WAS AWFUL ON THE COSEX NERVE) VUELTA (LIKE RIDING A SOFTBALL)SELLE KARVE (TOOO HARD)

Bike Setup:   AN ELLS ID WITH SPINERGYS, XO SYSTEM CT2 STEM AND BARS BLABLABLAHHH

Submitted by Gary a Downhiller from Little Rock, Ar. USA

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2004

Strengths:    It's comfortable.

Weaknesses:    The seat is too wide in the back.

Bottom Line:
I only rode on this saddle a couple of times. It tends to push you forward and make you shorts ride up on you. I was constantly having to move back on the seat and pull my shorts down. Maybe it might work well for someone with a larger rear end than mine. I took it back and got my money back. Looking to get a narrower saddle. Maybe a Terry Fly.

Favorite Trail:   Advanced Trig.

Purchased At:   Ark. Cycling & Fittness

Bike Setup:   Fisher 293

Submitted by Mike B. a Weekend Warrior from Van Nuys, Cal. USA

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2002

Strengths:    comfortable, good price, fairly well made

Weaknesses:    A little too wide at the back

Bottom Line:
This is a good seat for travelling. It's too big for MTB work, but it's fine for a hybrid. The back of the seat juts out too sharply and rubs the nerves inside my legs, and that's uncomfortable. However, I have learned to slide up just a little bit, and there it's fine.
This is about the only alternative to the bulky "comfort" saddles, which are mostly a pain in the butt. I took a 50 mile ride with this seat, mostly uphill, on a hot day, and my butt only crapped out towards the end of the journey.
All in all, a good purchace and worth the money.

Purchased At:   REI