Trico Sports Cruiser Saddle

Weight : 2 lbs MSRP : $35.00

Trico Sports Cruiser Saddle

Submitted by Don a Weekend Warrior from Anaheim,CA.

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2002

Strengths:    2nd Generation gel has none of the problems of original gel (ie: butt does not pinch gel aside on long rides). Lycra or spandex cover helps wick away moisture. Between the gel and the springs this seat is VERY cushy.

Weaknesses:    The Lycra (or spandex?)cover ain't the most durable against abrasion and the seat did squeak a small but annoying amount. This was easily cured by dis-assembling and greasing the critical contact points under the seat frame. No problems since .

Bottom Line:
I highly recommend this seat. I'm 235lbs and the stock seat would tear me up in 5 miles. I put this seat on my mountain bike and though my fitness is not so hot my ability is pretty high and I show it no mercy . It really takes the pounding out of the trail and away from my butt. It even got better when (after a few months)I paired it with a suspension post. I never quite understood those who said that after a while , my butt would toughen up. Who WANTS a tough butt??
I do feel that I could use a narrower seat for serious mountain biking and eventually will go with a tri-flex or air-flex , both from Trico. Trico will ALWAYS get first consideration on any future seat purchase from me. It,s that good !!

Favorite Trail:   Whiting Ranch

Similar Products Used:   Stock KHS seat (fine but too small for a newbies butt). Many stock Schwinn cruiser seats in my youth.

Bike Setup:   KHS Alite 2000 , Easton EA70 risers , stem riser , Post Modern Bracer suspension post , Geax Evolution clinchers ,Performance Body Geometry grips

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!