Home | Reviews | Saddle | Titec

• Cover Material: Synthetic hybrid, Embossed Logo
  • Body: Carbon Fiber Injected Base

Submitted by dbv a Weekend Warrior from Raleigh, NC

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2008

Strengths:    Comfortable. Comfortable. Comfortable. I had the worst time trying to find a saddle that didn't either cause me pain or numbness. When I picked up a used Pluto from a local guy for $10, I put it on my beater to try and cut some weight. After a few weeks, I realized that this beat up $10 saddle was more comfortable than any of the other ones I'd tried. So I got in touch with the good folks at Titec/Profile Design and made sure the new Pluto Prolite was the same as the old Pluto I had. It was. I ordered two more and now there's a Pluto on every one of my bikes.

Weaknesses:    not the sexiest looking saddle out there. They could lose the Kevlar advert on the side and maybe even lose all of the graphics. This is a classy shaped saddle and the graphics detract, in my opinion.

Bottom Line:
If you have narrow sit bones and have trouble with pain or numbness with other saddles, this one might be perfect for you. If the SLR is almost right for you, this one just might be your dream saddle, because the SLR is the second best saddle I've used.

The only reason I don't give this 5 chilis across the board is because of the graphics.

Thanks Titec, for saving my ass...literally.

Favorite Trail:   n/a

Purchased At:   All Star Bikes (Cary

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia SLR and Flite. Fizik Arione and Alliante.

Bike Setup:   road bikes: Bianchi 928, Fuji Track, Specialized TriCross

(yeah, I know this is MTBR, but this saddle would be awesome on any bike that you put lots of TITS on)