Home | Reviews | Saddle | Titec

Titec Ithys Gove Saddle

4.29/5 (14 Reviews)
Weight : 205 grams MSRP : $90.95

Comfortable, durable, and light! Our new Ithys Gove combines our comfortable shape & Relief Zone™ technology with an abrasion-resistant Kevlar-trimmed leather cover, front and rear bash guards, and aerospace-grade titanium rails. Choose from an array of 4 colors!
  • Cover: Leather & Kevlar
  • Rail: Aerospace Grade Titanium
  • Colors: Black, Blue, Red, Yellow

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Zoomy a Cross Country Rider from MI

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2006

Strengths:    Light, solid, comfortable

Weaknesses:    A little clicking stemming from the rail interface, but not bad by any means.

Bottom Line:
    This seat is comfortable, and I am a clyde. In fact, I'd rate this seat more comfortable than a Liberator. It has a nice flex right in the middle of the saddle that provides a nice cushiony feel, yet the saddle is very torsionally rigid. Any new seat is going to hurt somewhat for a bit until your bum gets used to it, and sure this saddle was a little sore to use for the first few days. But once the right areas toughen up, you'll find the saddle is actually quite nice. I highly recommend it.

Similar Products Used:   All the way back from Vetta Gels to SI Flites.

Bike Setup:   GF Paragon

Submitted by Khoa a Cross Country Rider from Sacramento, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2005

Strengths:    Lightweight, comfortable, durable

Bottom Line:
    I have read the reviews by heavier riders who do not like this saddle. I guess because I am only 5'6" and 140 lbs the seat works very well for me. I don't even think about it when I am on a ride. I can not say this about any of the other saddles that I have used. I really love how light it is. The flex built into the structure makes up for the lack of heavy foam in order to cushion your bottom. I have crashed many times and the seat takes it like a champ thanks to the Kevlar wrap-around. I will buy another one if/when this one finally gives out.

Favorite Trail:   Porcupine Rim, Moab, Utah

Similar Products Used:   Terry Fly, Specialized BG Comp, Fitzik Plateau, Selle Italia Flite, Performance Team

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Blur, full XTR, Easton carbon seatpost

Submitted by Matt a Racer from Santa Cruz, CA

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2005

Strengths:    Comfortable, strong, light, durable skin, easy to move around on.

Weaknesses:    Broke ti rail after two years of punishment.

Bottom Line:
    Seats are very different for everyone but I never noticed this one was there. Rode the Blur on a century and didn't feel a thing. Raced and rode countless long(and crashed) XC rides without a scratch to the seat or sore ass. Finally broke the ti rail landing seated (190lbs.)on a jump or crash, not sure. Highly recommend this one .

Bike Setup:   SC Blur.

Submitted by Justin from London

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2005

Strengths:    Lightweight (only just over 200g), but surprisingly supple with it.

Weaknesses:    None found yet

Bottom Line:
    Best I've found. Probably suits the lighter rider as it's narrower than some, but this doesn't seem to be a problem. I've ridden less comfy wider saddles than this.

Similar Products Used:   Recently: WTB Rocket V Carbon (Nasty, sore arse), Selle Italia fluid (hard as nails).

Bike Setup:   MTB for XC

Submitted by Bruce Brown a Cross Country Rider from Des Moines

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2004

Strengths:    Lightweight. Comfortable. Easy to slide off rearwards for technical descents. The best strength is - I don't feel any pain or discomfort on this saddle.

Weaknesses:    None that I have found - although I am curious why Titec doesn't offer the saddle in all 4 colors that their website claims. Pretty much impossible to find any of the colored versions.

Bottom Line:
    I am 6'3" and have been riding this saddle since I got Sugar in the summer of 2004. I have to disagree with other reviewers who claimed "big guys" should stay away from this saddle. No problem with my male anatomy or the use of it with the wife following a ride on the Gove. Perhaps those reviewers do not own a proper pair of quality riding shorts. ;-)

Of all the saddles I ride and of all those I have tried over the years - this is the most comfortable saddle I have ever used. I was skeptical when I looked at the shape, but after using a different Titec (the Amore) on a loaner bike from the LBS while one of my bikes was having some work done on it - I couldn't believe the comfort of the shape of this saddle. Of course - each rider's unique physique demands their own saddle. What works for one - may not work for another.

With that in mind - this Gove works for me like no other saddle I have tried. I love my Brooks Champion Flyer as well - but that's a wide sprung saddle for touring and not designed for ATB riding. This Gove is a tad over 200 grams and cushions, supports and performs like no other. I will be buying another.

Favorite Trail:   Storm Mountain & Sugar Bottom

Purchased At:   Speedgoat.com

Similar Products Used:   I ride a Brooks Champion Flyer on my tandem, a Bontrager FS 2000 on my commute bike and a Selle Italia Prolink Gel Comp on my Karate Monkey.

Bike Setup:   2004 Gary Fisher Sugar 293 XL frame, Marzocchi fork, custom Dyad/King/Sapim wheels, SRAM drivetrain, Avid discs, RaceFace Next Carbon Riser, Oury grips AND Titec Gove black/gray saddle.

Submitted by Igor Santiago from Ibicarai,Bahia,Brasil

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2004

Strengths:    Light Weight, Strong, Look

Bottom Line:
    This seat is so comfort that a forgive that I am sit then I am ridding my bike. I think that this is the best seat in the market. It is great in uphill and downhill. I will buy other when the mine finally die.

Favorite Trail:   Sossego

Purchased At:   Pedal Power

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia

Bike Setup:   Rocky Mountain Oxygen, all custom for XC

Submitted by Braham Belferman a Cross Country Rider from Caracas, Venezuela

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2003

Strengths:    Looks and weight

Weaknesses:    A saddle is a very personal thing, and altought this saddle looked good, it's not at least for me (I'm 6 foot/170 pounds)

Bottom Line:
    For the first ride on this saddle, something was not like...
    It flex if you sit on it, and absorb bumps (in theory) but can't stand it in my ASS!!! I'm in pain sitting in this saddle, and I mean PAIN!!! Very poor cushion!! Try it first if you are going to buy!!

hope this help
    3 Chilis for looks and wheight, and 2 for the performance

Favorite Trail:   san jose- paracotos

Purchased At:   the racer's edge

Similar Products Used:   WTB, Selle San Marco, Selle Italia

Bike Setup:   SC Superlight 04, Mavic Crossmax Xl, Float 100RL Fork & Float RL Shock, Hutchinson Air light, XT Gruppo, Eston carbon, Thompson elite....

Submitted by jt a Weekend Warrior from capitola

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2003

Strengths:    light weight!looks

Weaknesses:    comfort...none! absoutely a rack ,caused numb nuts on every ride! way to skinny and short! with no padding!

Bottom Line:
    the ithys gove is a light weight nut killer, that will make you smile when you weigh and look at it, but will make you swear when you ride it!be very cautious if your considering this saddle...if you ever want to hump your woman again shy away from it! maybe....just maybe.... i am too big for it?(6 ft 180lb) its possible that it will work for a smaller rider or kids with a narrow rear end.

goos luck! if you want the best saddle ever....get the berserkr dh-kcx! $40-50 anywhere online.

1 chili fro the price! and 2 for the good looks and light weight!

Favorite Trail:   dump trail

Similar Products Used:   THE MIGHTY TITEC BERSERKR ST AND DH-KCX

Bike Setup:   03 blur,minute 2,5th ele,full xt,317 rims,thomson post,ea-70bars,ea 50stem,avid discs,candy sl pedals....BERSERKR DH-KCX SADDLE!

Submitted by jack a Weekend Warrior from santa cruz

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2003

Strengths:    lite/looks

Weaknesses:    painful!!!!! small/narrow/short/no padding,retail cost $90!!!!

Bottom Line:
    WARNING!!! DO NOT GET THIS SEAT IF YOU ARE LARGER SIZED!
    im 6 ft 180lbs and its way to narrow for me ,it has caused numb nuts one last time! its out of here! i'm ordering another berserkr tomorrow! may work good for someone small or with a narrow butt, like a kid or a rider under 5'9 and 160 lbs.

Favorite Trail:   dumptrail

Purchased At:   came on bike

Similar Products Used:   berserkr,wtb

Bike Setup:   blur,minute 2,xt,etc

Submitted by gonzostrike a Downhiller from missoula, mt

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2003

Strengths:    Comfort, weight

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
    A good saddle for XC, FR riders that don't often bend rails.This saddle felt odd -- flat and hard -- at first, but then I started working with the saddle's tilt. After several different postures, I nailed the right one. Now, I ride without even noticing the saddle. 2 weeks ago did a long 40-mile techie xc ride and never was uncomfortable, even though it took about 5.5 hours for the ride. Well-done, Titec. I'm going to get one for my Bullit.

Favorite Trail:   mr skinny

Purchased At:   Titec direct website

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager FS and FS+10, Titec Berserkr, WTB SST

Bike Setup:   curtlo custom HT w/ Marz Z1FRQR20, Hope Minis, SRAM drivetrain, other stuff

Submitted by Ed a Cross Country Rider from Bumpass, Va

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2003

Strengths:    Comfortable, very durable, light, simple looking.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
    Saddles are simple to rate....do you notice it or not? When I'm on the Titec Ithys Gove I don't think about the seat. "Hey Ed, what did you think about the saddle?" "Saddle, oh yeah I was sitting on the bike wasn't I!" Most bike seats are never completely out of mind. This is one of the few I forget about. That's a good thing.