Home | Reviews | Saddle | Titec

Titec Ithys Amore Saddle

3.44/5 (32 Reviews)
Weight : 235 grams MSRP : $72.95

Our latest Ithys saddle technology, complete with abrasion-resistant Kevlar-trimmed leather cover and our Relief Zone™ saddle nose padding design, front and rear bash guards, and hollow Cromoly rails – all at a price you’ll amore. Choose from an array of 4 colors!
  • Cover: Leather & Kevlar
  • Rail: Hollow Cromoly
  • Colors: Black, Blue, Red, Yellow

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by H.S. a Weekend Warrior from Apple Valley, Ca.

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2007

Strengths:    Comfortable, durable, looks good.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
    This saddle is stiff, which for me is good as I don't like sinking into a seat and chafing. It is surprisingly comfortable and you can move all over the thing freely, I really like how narrow it is, just enough seat to support your butt. I am still riding on the one that came w/ my bike in'03, but I just bought another one on E-bay for a backup because I beleive they don't make them anymore. Great seat.

Favorite Trail:   Dirty ones.

Similar Products Used:   Various WTB's, Serfas, club roost.

Bike Setup:   '03 Fisher Sugar 4+, heavily upgraded.

Submitted by Matt Hipple a Cross Country Rider from Sherwood, AR, USA

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2006

Strengths:    Beautiful saddle.

Weaknesses:    None so far.. None expected under normal use..

Bottom Line:
    This seat takes practice, and has to be tweaked to the exact correct position or it will be murder on your hinder parts...

It took 4 or 5 rides to adjust it properly and this process was very painful. Seriously.

BUT, once I learned to perch properly, and got the angle and seat height just right, I got faster with better control for climbing... It just works.. No pain at all. Perfectly comfortable.

It's very important to have a good seat and even at $75 the Ithys Amore is worth having a properly functioning prostate.

I will never go back to a bananna pad..

Amore' is right, once it's dialed in you don't even think about it, you just spin and sweat and try to do the posted speed limit for the whole ride.

Favorite Trail:   asphalt on a hybrid

Purchased At:   icyclesusa.com

Similar Products Used:   Velo, Vetta, cheapies, soft padded crap...

Bike Setup:   Giant XTC SE2 Frame, Manitou SX-R 100mm fork, Hayes MX-1 Mechanicals, Sun DS-2 wheels, lx front/rear.. Titec fast al stem and riserbar, tri-pivot shimano brake levers, truvativ 175's, ritchey peds, walmart speedo, 27.9lbs... needs carbon

Submitted by Shaker666 a Cross Country Rider from Vancouver, BC

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2006

Strengths:    Good looking, reasonable construction quality.

Weaknesses:    Like riding on a piece of 3" steel tube layed out horizontally.

Bottom Line:
    This saddle is likely more useful for cross country riding where you're not continuously seated (as in road riding). I find myself riding quite a bit on pavement these days and this thing makes me numb on long hauls.

Purchased At:   AKA, The Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Nothing else yet.

Bike Setup:   '04 Fisher Sugar 4+, some fancy stuff on it.

Submitted by Mr. Lumberg a Weekend Warrior from Mesa AZ

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2005

Strengths:    Light weight, good profile for shifting weight back for the hills. Best I can say about it is that it holds your ass up.

Weaknesses:    Complete lack of comfort. It felt like I was sitting on a 2x4.

Bottom Line:
    I gotta come clean here, my ass has had a chance to soften back up a bit, but DEEEYYAMMM this thing hurt! My mt. and road bikes were both ripped off awhile back and I haven't had much chance to ride in that time. I didn't have the green to replace them, but I recently found the Yeti at bikeuys.com and snapped it upbefore they were completely gone. (They discontinued the Koko, despite killer ratings. BAD YETI! BAD!) It was one of the lower-end models, not due to the frame but the equipment on it, so I bought knowing I'd be upgrading as I went along. That's fine; I'm an engineering student and I love to tinker anyway, but after only a short trip being felt the day after, I am starting with the seat.

Favorite Trail:   Pt. Sublime Trail

Purchased At:   Came w/ bike

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager, Serfas gel crap, the stocker off my old GT hardtail

Bike Setup:   Yeti Kokopelli '03

Submitted by Tim a Weekend Warrior from Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2005

Strengths:    Comfortable, sturdy, cheap, no numbness, no break-in time, just a good, plain saddle

Weaknesses:    The back does rip up with some nice road rash, but with a little hot glue and some polyurethane, it patches well.

Bottom Line:
    Really, unless you do serious, die-hard type riding, get one! In my opinion, if you do the serious full-suspension death jumps, you never should've purchased this saddle. DOn't worry about weight, you pansies - comfort trumps all.

Favorite Trail:   The Street!

Purchased At:   Bicycle Trip (Santa Crux, CA)

Similar Products Used:   Brooks B17, big ol' Mongoose padded "comfort" saddle

Bike Setup:   1972 Schwinn Super Sport

Submitted by mike bee a Weekend Warrior from westchester

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2004

Strengths:    comfortable

Weaknesses:    not as light as they say, i wieghed it at 333grams

Bottom Line:
    good seat, just not that light.

Favorite Trail:   graham hills

Purchased At:   stock

Similar Products Used:   wtb v shadow team

Bike Setup:   2003 fisher 2+

Submitted by Terence a Downhiller from Sydney, NSW, Australia

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2004

Strengths:    Very confortable, light aswell. The saddle is made out of thin plastic that absorbs bumps instead of being made out of thick padding.

Weaknesses:    The paint that says "amore" on it rubs off easily.

Bottom Line:
    I just love this saddle! Unbeatable!

Purchased At:   Came with bike

Similar Products Used:   Titec Ithys-Gove

Submitted by matt a Weekend Warrior from aurura,il

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2004

Strengths:    comfortable
    cheap

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
    I rode this saddle on a 5 day mt bike tour on a rental bike. End of 5 days/120 miles on bumpy UT trails was no soreness. Liked it so much I asked them to sell me one. Tour company sold me a used one for $5. Can't beat that. First seat I've found that fits me well. No numbness or chafing.

Similar Products Used:   wtb, velo, terry

Bike Setup:   santa cruz superlight

Submitted by Puff_daddi a Weekend Warrior from Waterford, CT

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2004

Strengths:    confortable saddle

Weaknesses:    durability

Bottom Line:
    got this saddle as a father's day gift from the guys at the bike shop (THANK YOU!). I am glad I didn't pay for it since I've only ridden it for about 3 weeks on a Full Suspension bike and bent the support rail on one side already.

It's a shame because the saddle is comfortable - it's just not durable enough...

One value chili for the lack of durability and only one again overall since 3 weeks is pathetic for the lifetime of any saddle.

Purchased At:   gift

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia, Koobi, Specialized

Bike Setup:   Banshee Chaparral

Submitted by hello a Cross Country Rider from city, state, country

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2004

Strengths:    huh?
    looks good?

Weaknesses:    mangled rails after 2.5 months ,
    rear kevlar patch offers no rip protection, lack of padding causes numbness in dangling bits

Bottom Line:
    go buy something decent with your pennys and save this one for the roadie.

Purchased At:   came with fish tassajara

Bike Setup:   03 fisher tass

Submitted by BRIAN MURPHY a Weekend Warrior from WOODBRIDGE,NJ,USA

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2004

Strengths:    VERY COMFORTABLE,LIGHT WEIGHT

Weaknesses:    NONE

Bottom Line:
    THIS A VERY COMFORTABLE LIGHT WEIGHT SADDLE. I LOVE IT WILL BUY ANOTHER WHEN THIS ONE DIES!!!!!! GREAT FOR XC.5 FLAMIN' CHILIS THIS SADDLE IS HOT HOT HOT.......CAN GET IT AT A GOOD PRICE IF YOU SHOP AROUND.

Purchased At:   ICYCLES

Bike Setup:   GIANT NRS , BLACK FORK , XT COMPONENTS

Submitted by michael ruth a Cross Country Rider from chesapeake

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2004

Strengths:    Hard, durable, non-skid strip across the back, soft on the junk when adjusted properly.

Weaknesses:    Tough to get the pitch right. May not have the necessary real-estate for fat-bottomed or loose riders.

Bottom Line:
    If you like a comfortably hard saddle, buy this. You need to level it with a bubble level though, or else you WILL be in excrutiating pain.

Favorite Trail:   sky line drive in the fall

Purchased At:   Scat Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia SLR Ti

Bike Setup:   Lemond PopRad, shimano Dura Ace

Submitted by Collin Curtis a Cross Country Rider from Battlefield, MO

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2004

Strengths:    It looks nice, it's easy to get off the back of the saddle, fairly decent weight (245grams)

Weaknesses:    Hard, didn't fit my posterior very well

Bottom Line:
    I did not enjoy this saddle. I thought at first that it would be fine and that I would get used to it, but not so. I tried adjusting it, but I just couldn't get it to a point where I was sitting in the sweet spot. And as some of my training involves slicks and pavement, I tend to have some long rides where I do a lot of sitting. After 3 days of on road training, I had some serious bruising. Even though saddle choice is very subjective, I still wouldn't suggest this piece of crap to anyone. I replaced it with a fi'zi:k Gobi.

Favorite Trail:   the closest one

Purchased At:   came stock on bike

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Body Geometry

Bike Setup:   '04 Fisher Tassajara with Eggbeaters, Avid SD 7 Ti brakes and levers, XT rear deraileur, fi'zi:k Gobi

Submitted by robotkiller a Cross Country Rider from valdosta, ga

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2004

Strengths:    gets out of the way, looks good, well made.

Weaknesses:    It's hard -- that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it is for some.

Bottom Line:
    Basically, if I had a Cannondale or another stiff @ss ride I would stay far away from this saddle. I ride a nice cushy full suspension and frankly I don't want a softy saddle that pogos me around -- I feel with this saddle a greater amount of control that my older saddle didn't really provide. The saddle is hard, but it is not uncomfortable -- I forget it's there, so I know it works.

I like it, but I can see how some may not. Some people like big soft heavy saddles -- not me. Another nice thing is that the nose is wider than most and the rear end is narrow -- I've had less problems getting behind than before.

If you want a comfort cush ride, if you commute or if you ride a really stiff aluminum ride and like to spin, then this saddle may not work for you. In my experience, this saddle compliments a full suspension well.

Oh yeah, its inexpensive.