Home | Reviews | Saddle | Tioga

2.82/5 (28 Reviews)

Tioga

Submitted by Nicki a Racer from GA

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2007

Strengths:    light, comfortable, good mid dollar upgrade if you are trying to loose weight on the bike.

Weaknesses:    non yet

Bottom Line:
This was my first "minimalist" saddle. The website stated it weighed 180g but it came in at 208g, which is still good. To me this saddle is exceptionally comfortable and made me wish that I had upgraded a long time ago! I am considering getting another one of these for my other bike.

Favorite Trail:   many

Purchased At:   www.blueskycycling.com

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Superlite with Fox fork and shock, WTB laser disk lite wheelset, Thomson Masterpiece seat post

Submitted by Andrew Kalter a Racer from S. Fallsburg, NY

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2006

Strengths:    Review of the new Tioga Spyder. Light, cheap, COOOOl, comfortable, easy to move around on

Weaknesses:    Perhaps hard, website claims it may not last a lifetime.

Bottom Line:
As comfortable as my worn out Terry Fly and at 150 grams it is 100 grams lighter. Good airflow through saddle. Slippery enough that you can always find a good postion easily but you won't slide off it. Won't be damaged in the rain. Really cool looking. Relatively cheap for the weight and coolness. If it was stolen today I would but a new one tomorrow. It makes me feel faster!

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Terry Fly Titanium

Bike Setup:   Merlin extralight

Submitted by Hadder a Cross-Country Rider from Philadelphia, PA

Date Reviewed: May 12, 1999

Strengths:
Comfy, comfy, comfy

Weaknesses:
piece of shit broke in the first hour. Rode it on the street for an hour and the rails bent like melted butter.

Bottom Line:
This thing is the front seat of a 66 Chevy Caprice but it needs to be designed with better rails, preferably ones made of titantium or vanadium, they suck.

less than 1 month

Submitted by supernavigator a weekend warrior from arizona

Date Reviewed: February 8, 1999

Bottom Line:

This saddle is completely wrong for a woman. It came with my bike and makes my every ride shorter, and the pleather cover falls apart more with every touchdown. It is the worst component on my bike.

Submitted by daiz a downhiller from chelmsley wood?

Date Reviewed: November 18, 1998

Bottom Line:

I love tioga saddles there great there sooooooo comfy just get out and buy them there dirt cheap to Ive had many big brands before but they all suck, tioga rules come on all together now tioga RULES!!!!!!!

Submitted by Hurl from The Creek

Date Reviewed: November 13, 1998

Bottom Line:

I hate Tioga (insert product here............) their saddles leave me numb, their tires leave me hurting, their stem broke, and well, I only wish we had a negative assignation so we could banish Tioga to the dump. Cheap ass caca products that only look ok. By the way, their advertising makes me realize my cats are more creative than their agency. Tioga, me la chupas!!!!!

Submitted by Todd Hanna a cross-country rider from North Shore Canada

Date Reviewed: July 27, 1998

Bottom Line:

It's been a while since I reviewed the Tioga no-control saddle and I've noticed that it has made it out of the hall of shame. That is wrong. With my one chili I hope that you are banished back to the land of Acera and Alivio reviews. You are truly the worst saddle ever produced.

Submitted by Russell a weekend warrior from London

Date Reviewed: June 18, 1998

Bottom Line:

Maximum control and comfort what more do you want? I can only assume there are two tioga seats from the comments other reviewers are giving. The saddle, which I am reviewing, is about 12 or 13 inches long, has a 'blunt' nose and is heavily padded. (standard equipment on a Saracen Havoc DH)

Submitted by Tray a weekend warrior from Birmingham, AL

Date Reviewed: April 7, 1998

Bottom Line:

I originally had no problem with the saddle, right up until the second time I rode on it when it bent--almost to the point of the leather touching the seatpost. Without any hard riding my worthless Multi Control was ruined. This worthless piece of crap is the weakest saddle I've ever seen, and I was extremely glad when my bike shop replaced it with a different brand. This saddle goes beyond ugly and everything else, it's just plain worthless. Have I mentioned how WORTHLESS the Tioga Multi Control saddle is? Avoid it at ALL costs!!!
It doesn't deserve the one chile I gave it, but there wasn't a lower rating!

Submitted by Julian Russell a weekend warrior from Tasmania, Australia

Date Reviewed: November 13, 1997

Bottom Line:

This seat (the red white and blue number right?) is not just for big people!! I'm tall, but by no means wide (read 'a skinny ass'), and I love this seat. It's a breeze to get over the back of when required, it's comfy, and the extra length is a revelation for cornering and climbing. The exterior could be tougher, but i don't really mind, when it runs out i'll just buy another one.

Submitted by John HendrY a cross-country rider from HALEIWA

Date Reviewed: September 1, 1997

Bottom Line:

Wow!!!I learned one thing from this seat...you can't go by the reviews on something.....I LOVE THIS SEAT!!!!! I replaced my my high end Richey seat and now I can ride for more than an hour without my dick going to sleep! Read The Unseen Danger in Aug Bicycling mag and then realize that the design of other seats goes back to hard leather road bikes for racing on road. On road...not off road....big difference. I think alot of the bad reviews come from small ass people who don't like the way it looks...I'm 6'1 and 195lbs so it fits me well, there should be a smaller size for smaller people with small butts.
It's about time a seat was made to match the size of my parts! I like the way it looks...it works!
PS...Cheek out Alaskas times....and then realize that he's using the same seat....after going through 4 frames! Sure it's torn a bit....but it's been ripped! Alaska is one of the fastest....he loves it too. Turned me on to it.

Submitted by Christopher Cannon a cross-country rider from Michigan

Date Reviewed: July 27, 1997

Bottom Line:

Just installed this saddle and had my first ride. Great saddle for larger rider. I like the ability to slide fore and aft with ease and use the long nose for corner control. Padding is adequate. Much better than my old Vetta TT!

Submitted by marcus a cross-country rider

Date Reviewed: July 21, 1997

Bottom Line:

Try sliding the saddle forward a bit more -- sit on the back of the thing where all that deep padding is. Apparently the rails are weak, but the vibration dampening is tremendously good, way less fatiguing than my old flite ti. nice leather, too. Is aftermarket version different from on-the-new-bike version?

Submitted by David Bergen a cross-country rider from Calgary, AB, Canada

Date Reviewed: July 1, 1997

Bottom Line:

What's all the bitchin' about? I mean, either lose some weight or try the saddle on my old Phoenix Ditch Pig. THEN, you can complain.

Submitted by Todd Hanna a weekend warrior from Vancouver B.C.

Date Reviewed: June 1, 1997

Bottom Line:

Had to join the myriad of people who think this saddle sucks! Standard equipment on my bike no longer as I bent a rail within two months of riding.
Would like to stick this sadlle up the ass of whoever designed it and ask him to ride it that way!! Probably more comfortable.P.S. There should be an option for `no chilis'

Roadie package: saddle, bars, stem - On One

Some good deals here. I havent gotten one, but thought someone might could use it. Carbon and Alloy stuff. The link is for one of the deals, go to "bundles" to see the others. [url=http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/GREMAFX4CC/eddy_merckx_afx4_carbon_finishing_kit]Eddy Merckx AFX4 Carbon Finishing K ... Read More »

Time for a new saddle.

I just have the stock saddle on my '13 Fuel EX8 and it is giving me too much pain even with padded shorts. What is the proper way to measure my seat bones to match a good saddle? Also what brands are the go-to brands for quality and comfort? Thanks.Read More »

Most comfortable saddle for commuting?

I can't seem to find a comfortable commuting saddle. I've tried many, the most recent being a Brooks saddle. They said it would get broken in and the leather would conform to your body, but, after 500 miles, the Brooks saddle still hurts. Any suggestions....I love to ride but tired of the pain/nu ... Read More »

why does my carbon saddle have a bit of play?

why does my carbon saddle have a bit of play? I haved carefully tighten it.Read More »

Best Saddle for the Front Range?

just kidding. But seriously, my ass hurts. Whenever I spend a long time in the saddle on some long uphill grind, my taint hurts. I know that saddles are a personal thing, but there is some science to it, right? Like how the saddle lines up with your sit bones or something? Are there shops tha ... Read More »