Specialized Prolong Revolution Carbontech C Saddle

1.55/5 (38 Reviews)

Specialized Prolong Revolution Carbontech C

Submitted by Andrew a Cross Country Rider from Plymouth

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2006

Strengths:    It doubles as a hammer.

Weaknesses:    It would be an insult to weaknesses to list what's wrong with this POS as weaknesses.

Bottom Line:
I have no idea how many times I've rubbed oneout in my lifetime - thousands perhaps - but I wish I'd had the foresight to freeze at least one batch of semen before using this Godforesaken product. It is the worst thing that ever happened... ever. Don't buy one unless you're a priest or something like that where impotence could actually be a positive thing. I wish I could give it negative flamin' chilis.

Similar Products Used:   old bonty saddle

Submitted by Eric Hoefer a Cross Country Rider from NY

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2003

Strengths:    Its lightwieght very low profile so i can get my weight back quicker

Weaknesses:    It is harder than a rock and very uncomfortable to sit on, would have replaced it by now but i hardly ever find myself sitting on the seat when riding

Bottom Line:
If you value comfort in a seat dont buy this, if you sit down alot when riding your ass will hate you. If you like a lightweight low profile saddle and find yourself up off the saddle 90% of the time like me then get it.

Favorite Trail:   Hunter Mountain

Similar Products Used:   Stock seat that came on my last bike

Bike Setup:   Wildwest silver LX XT mix Avid Single Digit Ti breaks RS Psylo fork

Submitted by kafari menambasu a Racer from newton

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2003

Strengths:    possibly to kill the persons family who invented this godforsaken torture device

Weaknesses:    this seat amazes me in a different way. It appears that the corporate devils at specialized have come up with a scheme to make all bikers infertile and unable to reproduce who use this saddle. Thus, they can market to different riders who can afford better bikes when the population of users who own this seat slowly die out in this artifical selection., I would rather sit on the seatpost then on this cancer causing peice of junk. This saddle may have been why lance got testicular cancer, which is my hypothesis due to the extreme impact and pressure loads this saddle can incur onto the genitals when in a sitting position

Bottom Line:
i wish there was such a thing as negative turds. i would compare a brief sit in this saddle to a peice of sandpaper scraping against your balls and ass for 45 mins. Maybe it was a prank by specialized, who knows.

Favorite Trail:   north shore

Purchased At:   stock on my bike

Similar Products Used:   selle italia gel prolink (not similar at all!)-which is my current saddle

Bike Setup:   Ellsworth Id, dirtjumper II, hayes, xt, you know the rest

Submitted by Christopher Green a Cross Country Rider from Phoenix, Arizona

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2003

Strengths:    A GREAT doorstop for the MTB enthusiast!

Weaknesses:    In over 30 years of cycling (road and dirt) this is the WORST saddle I've ever experienced!

Bottom Line:
The bottom line is this saddle will destroy your bottom line! If you pay less than $5 for this saddle, you'll still pay too much! I'd almost rather ride on the seatpost!

The best place for this saddle is on the floor of your bedroom...use it as a great doorstop!

Favorite Trail:   they're all good

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Body Geometry

Bike Setup:   02 Specialized Enduro

Submitted by Alan a Weekend Warrior from Colorado Springs

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2002

Strengths:    Cheap form of birth control

Weaknesses:    Everything

Bottom Line:
My girlfriend got this seat on a Titus Loco-moto that she bought on ebay. I had sold my Bontrager seat and was waiting for the Serfas to arrive so I was forced to use the torture seat. I read the reviews and thought it couldn't be THAT bad. Well....it's worse. This saddle brutalzied me on a five hour ride. I had to stop often to let the pain subside. This is the worst saddle ever made. Specialized should pay anyone who's used this saddle for pain and suffering.

Favorite Trail:   Pipeline

Similar Products Used:   Salsa Zona Tres, Bontrager, Serfas ARC

Bike Setup:   Dekerf Team, X-vert, XTR, raceface cranks, monkeylite risers.....

Submitted by Rachel a Weekend Warrior from Clemson, SC

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2002

Strengths:    None, unless you like sitting on a sharp rock

Weaknesses:    Everything!

Bottom Line:
This seat came on my Tassajara that I bought used off of ebay. The bike was previously some kid's, and there is absolutely no way that that kid will ever have kids in the future. I rode on this seat just around the neighborhood and ended up bruised in my well, neither regions. It was like riding on a sharp pointy rock! It had been awhile since I'd been on a bike, so I thought that maybe I had just turned into a wuss. Then I started reading these reviews and realized that that seat is just plain horrible. Whatever you do, do not buy this seat, and if you have it already, throw it away, there have got to be better things out there.

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher Tassajara

Submitted by Erik Williams a Cross Country Rider from Newport Beach, Ca, USA

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2001

Strengths:    easy to get behind

Weaknesses:    is this worthy to called a saddle?

Bottom Line:
Sucks!

Favorite Trail:   any downhill trail

Similar Products Used:   comp

Bike Setup:   enduro pro

Submitted by Rick Howard a Weekend Warrior from Jackson, Tenn, USA

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2001

Strengths:    strong as a rock literally!!

Weaknesses:    crappy feel, hard as a rock, ouchies!!!

Bottom Line:
I had this on my stumpy and after my first ride on it which was for only a weekend miles, my ass was in soo much pain i was crying...DAMN!!! What is this piece of crap anyways?!?!? If it is a seat, it surely can't be made for humans asses to seat on...maybe for martian butt. My wife said i was walking like a monkee around the house...very funny!! Someone in the R/D dept @ specialize must really hate bikers and made designed this this this thing to hurt us during rides as some sort of revenge...well mister 'YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED!!!' if i ever get my hands on you, i make you ride on this as punishment. I let me friend rode this thing the next weekend cuz he wanted to try out my cool stumpy, which i think rules btw, and he complain about this seat too and uses words that i can't say on here :-P This thing has since went in the trash and now that i have the saddle from my old bike on this one, my butt is happy again and so im i. If i can give you 0 chillis, i would.

Favorite Trail:   green stream ride

Similar Products Used:   none as bad as this piece of lump

Bike Setup:   Stumpy M2

Submitted by Dude a Weekend Warrior from Georgia

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2001

Strengths:    Matched my bike color....looked like a pretty cool upgrade

Weaknesses:    come on...I'll type in some weaknesses when I pull the darn saddle out of my blistered arse

Bottom Line:
Thought it was a nice upgrade, looked pretty cool on my bike. I can't believe I paid 25 bucks for this enema on a seatpost. The rails already bent almost in two, the durn thing won't set right on my post, uncomfortable as hell. I will never ever buy anything again without checking the reviews for it.

Favorite Trail:   all of 'em

Purchased At:   Mikes Bikes

Similar Products Used:   nothing this bad

Submitted by John a Cross Country Rider from Redding, Cal

Date Reviewed: February 5, 2001

Strengths:    Looked cool on new bike.

Weaknesses:    I can't believe that something could be so bad. I had an old Cinelli saddle that you could hammer nails with, but it was miles ahead of this poor thing.

Bottom Line:
Amazing that someone at specialized didn't ride this saddle, if they did they should not quit their day job. I put it on the shelf with the cinelli.

Favorite Trail:   Chimney

Similar Products Used:   "original specialized saddle", still use on my road bike.

Bike Setup:   M2 pro
2001 Giant xtc 1

Submitted by Dave E a Downhiller from UK

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2000

Strengths:    um... can't rip it. that's about it.

Weaknesses:    I wonder if it'd be more comfortable to just sit on the seat post? ;) This thing is completely the wrong shape for anyone's butt-the central part is the highest, meaning sore butt hole. The bits that hold the saddle on the rails are showing serious stress marks and are cracking.

Bottom Line:
Specialized really need to wake up and realizing that they're equiping their bikes with unaccaeptable parts - bottom brackets (they all die in a few months), saddles (well just look at all the reviews here!) a cheaper specializde saddle gave my brother actual sores on his but!, the cranks aren't too popular either (my chainrings have worn v. fast) If you buy a specialized bike, get the saddle swapped for something like a WTB SST, an SDG comp, or anything else that you see a lot of people using happily, basically. Dont even consider buying this from a shop, even if they're offering it real cheap, cos the reason it's cheap is that it got swapped of a new bike by someone who realised!

Purchased At:   came with bike

Similar Products Used:   various SDG saddles

Bike Setup:   Specialized FSR Comp 99, Z1CR.

Submitted by Twister a Downhiller from San Jose, CA

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2000

Strengths:    It has a nice color, and as weird as this sounds, it's stiff. That just makes me get down the hill faster. That's why I like it

Weaknesses:    It is kind of uncomfortable, but that really makes me get places faster. Except up hill, but that's why I'm a downhiller

Bottom Line:
It's cool.

Favorite Trail:   Saratoga.

Purchased At:   Campus Bikes

Submitted by shawn a Cross Country Rider from Fort Lauderdale

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2000

Strengths:    what?

Weaknesses:    uhhhhhh... hard as diamond. My ischial tuberosities are inflamed and sore as hell. I'm now in a standing position describing this saddle. My buttocks are chaffed.

Bottom Line:
Don't do it man...... save yourself. Run Run far away from the saddle.

Purchased At:   retailer

Similar Products Used:   other saddles

Bike Setup:   Specialized M4

Submitted by Dan from Colorado

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2000

Strengths:    Can be used as an axe

Weaknesses:    See strengths.

Plus, a light seat does not do any good if it's at the expense of sitting on it.

Bottom Line:
I looked at the reviews of the M2 Comp, and almost every one of them commented on the seat. I'm old school, and thought that the younger generation just needs to know how a "real" seat feels. I've completed my first ride on the new Stumpy, and let me tell you that thing was designed by a Chineese torture artist. I feel like starting a support group for the other reviewers, and our first order of business is taking care of all of those people who are driving the rating of this product above a one. One of you hold them down while I bend over and show them my newly formed hemmoroids, then we can take the seat that's coming off my bike and bury it in their forehead--it's got to be sharp enough.

Anyone want to buy a seat? It's only been ridden on once, and I'll make you a really good deal on it. I'll even pay shipping!

Submitted by Tom Lewis a Cross Country Rider from Ipswich, MA

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2000

Strengths:    Got Me?

Weaknesses:    Uncomfortable, Undurable, Unfriendly

Bottom Line:
OK, Iv'e had it! I can't ride on this saddle any longer. There have been time's out on the trail I have literaly scooched down and sat on my top tube to get away from this saddle for awhile. Been ridin for over ten years... THE most uncomfortable saddle I've owned. Plus, leather is coming apart from shell.

Favorite Trail:   Lynn Woods