Specialized Milano Sport Gel Saddle

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Specialized's Milano Sport Gel Saddle puts you in the lap of luxury with their renowned Body Geometry technology, which optimizes ergonomics for a truly custom fit and unbelievable comfort. Its center channel eliminates pressure points, while the padding is anatomically placed to give you just the right amount of support exactly where you need it. Plus, this sweet seat also features plush gel inserts to insulate you from rough roads and cushion every ride.

Submitted by mainlyfats a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2013

Strengths:    175mm is comfy for this A$$.

Weaknesses:    Boat anchor. It's a comfort saddle. Bike people will laugh.

Bottom Line:
Screw 'em. Too comfy to pretend I'm enjoying racier models. Am I the only person in the world who would pay for Ti rails on a saddle like this? #probably

Favorite Trail:   E2

Duration Product Used:   1 yr

Purchased At:   Alter Ego

Similar Products Used:   Almost every saddle under the sun

Bike Setup:   Lots

Submitted by jmyjmy a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2012

Strengths:    Light, looks fantastic, and fairly comfortable on longer rides

Weaknesses:    after about 250 miles the leather has started to come out from under the front of the saddle

Bottom Line:
although this is a great looking and comfortable saddle I am not happy with the way the leather cover is starting to peel back from under the front of the saddle. In this price range I expected higher quality workmanship. I'm going to try some leather cement and see if I can repair it.

Favorite Trail:   Pinellas Trail

Duration Product Used:   about 3 months

Purchased At:   specialized.com

Bike Setup:   Specialized Hard Rock

Submitted by xrayvizhen a Weekend Warrior from Randolph, NJ

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2011

Strengths:    A lot of bang for the buck, cutout eliminates numbness, gel padding not too soft yet not too hard either and provides good support for the sit-bones.

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
The Bontrager R1 that came with the bike was literally a pain right up the old wazoo and a Bell "comfort" saddle (that I had lying around) that replaced it was too soft and caused a considerable amount of chafing. I don't have much natural padding back "there" so I originally felt I needed a soft comfort saddle but I was wrong. The Milano Sport Gel is firm where it needs to be yet comfortable right under the sit-bones. The cutout completely eliminates the numbness I had with the other two saddles. The cover material allows you to move around a bit and change position while riding and all-in-all I'm very pleased. I don't think it's designed for road racing, but for someone sitting in a less aggressive position on the hoods or on a hybrid or mountain bike I think it's just about perfect.

Purchased At:   Marty's (NJ)