Specialized Henge Saddle

3.9/5 (10 Reviews)

• "Medium" nylon-reinforced shell
  • "Medium" rated ultra-light padding for all day rides
  • Lightweight hollow chromoly rails
  • Rounded rear for snag-free racing
  • Tough, light and water-resistant Micromatrix cover

Submitted by Zach L a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2014

Strengths:    Firm but comfortable. Good overall size that gets out of the way. Center channel that eliminates numbness.

Bottom Line:
Switched from a Specialized Phenom 143mm to a Henge 155mm and love it. I would get sore after 2 hours on the Phenom, and just rode 4.5 hours with the Henge with no complaints. 4000 feet of climbing with no numbness. Make sure to get measured for the correct size and plan with the angle to get dialed in. I ended up pointing the nose down slightly so once mounted with rear suspension sag the middle of the saddle is leveled flat. Good price and Specialized will let you return/exchange until you find the right saddle.

Submitted by John

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2012

Strengths:    Comfortable . Came stock on a Stumpjumper Elite. Felt good with no break in at all. Seat cover holds up real well.

Weaknesses:    Broke in half at just about 1 year of use, right through the carbon reinforced base pan. Seat cover and foam still intact.

Bottom Line:
I would buy another. This is the only saddle I have ever had fail (about 8 different saddles through the years). I figure it's a fluke defect. I'm hoping the Specialized warranty covers it.

Submitted by WhoaThere a Weekend Warrior from new ringgold, pa, usa

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2012

Strengths:    Comfortable. Looks good. Very well-made.

Bottom Line:
After trying dozens of Saddles over the years I've finally realized it's NOT ABOUT PADDING--it's about SHAPE. This Saddle feels very firm, and yet it's very comfortable. Reading reviews of Saddles is mostly a waste of time--the only valid criterion is: does your butt match the shape of the saddle. Fortunately my LBS has a Henge-loaner, and I only had to ride a short distance to realize this was the right saddle for me. My advice: Try before you buy.

Favorite Trail:   does anyone really care

Similar Products Used:   Tried almost every one

Bike Setup:   Using for MTB and Road: Fuji Outland RC and Trek Madone

Submitted by kzeiszler a Cross Country Rider from Bismarck, ND

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2011

Strengths:    So comfy, light, looks great

Weaknesses:    price

Bottom Line:
I will be honest I used this on a road bike but it was my favorite saddle of all times even on all day rides my butt never hurt. I dont know about trails but in my opinion great saddle.

Favorite Trail:   ma da hey

Purchased At:   epic

Similar Products Used:   all city, indy xc

Bike Setup:   80's prelude

Submitted by Devastazione a Cross Country Rider from Sardinia-Italy

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2011

Strengths:    amazing comfort and grip

Weaknesses:    not sure if the rubber will last long/white color not the best choice for offroad stuff...

Bottom Line:
I own 2 other fancy carbon bikes that both came with what is today considered the best bike saddle on the market,the mighty Fizik Gobi XM,a very good saddle that pales in comparison with the Henge.
During the first rides I had to stop multiple times to check if everything was ok with the shock as the whole thing was way to soft and comfy. Amazing saddle bar none !! I'm gonna buy a black one for my black Lapierre X control,I don't care if the USA brand may look bla on my posh french rig.

Purchased At:   came with the bike

Bike Setup:   Specy SJ Elite FSR 2011

Submitted by Hill-Pumper a Cross Country Rider from Oregon

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2010

Strengths:    Does not snag on anything

Weaknesses:    Uncomfortable

Bottom Line:
I gave this a good solid chance, but in the end it just was not a comfortable seat for me. I never really noticed it much while riding, but afterward I always felt it. I had my LBS do the whole seat fitting with the Specialized gauge to make sure it was the right size, so that was not the problem. No matter how I placed this saddle, it just did not work.Also, padded shorts are a must to even think about using this thing. I switched to a WTB Rocket V Race and all is well.

Favorite Trail:   Chuffed

Purchased At:   Peak Sports

Similar Products Used:   WTB Rocket V Race

Bike Setup:   2010 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29, mostly original

Submitted by aknoefel a Cross Country Rider from San Francisco Bay Area

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2010

Strengths:    The rounded back helps when you slide back on steep downhills to come back up.

Weaknesses:    After 45 minutes I had cramps and sore spots and needed to get off the bike and stretch

Bottom Line:
Very uncomfortable, even though this saddle is supposed to be the one with more padding then lighter models.

Favorite Trail:   Saratoga Gap

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Rival, WTB Vigo, WTB Pure-V

Bike Setup:   Giant Trance 1

Submitted by mcjosh13 a Weekend Warrior from Ft Lauderdale,Fl,USA

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2010

Strengths:    Extreme comfort, Tapered back doesn't get caught on baggy MB shorts, Perfect amount of padding, Stiff, Supports sit bones perfectley

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
The best saddle I've ever tried. Feels extremely stable, easy to maneuver around and very comfortable. Make sure to get it sized properly to your sit bones.

Similar Products Used:   WTB laser, Stock Bontrager Saddle

Bike Setup:   Trek Fuel EX 8

Submitted by dromond a Cross Country Rider from Northampton, MA, USA

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2010

Strengths:    Excellent shape. Snag free. Extremely comfortable. Relatively lightweight.

Weaknesses:    Maybe price. But then again I'm pretty cheap.

Bottom Line:
This is the most comfortable saddle I've ever ridden. I use the 143mm width as recommended by the Specialized sit bone measuring device. I've had a ton of saddle discomfort over the years and so for this thing has been a dream.

Submitted by bowhuntermac a Weekend Warrior from Fruita, Co

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2010

Strengths:    Seat was light and the rounded back was snag-proof.

Weaknesses:    Was like riding on a rock. After 30 minutes I was ready to take my chances with the seatpost for the rest of the ride.

Bottom Line:
Looks good, ergonomics look like they would be great for sliding behind the saddle without snagging, etc., but even adjusting the saddle several times I just could not find a sweet spot where it was comfortable for more than a few minutes riding. My taint is still killing me! Overall looks like a great idea but the saddle is stiff as hell and does not cut it for long rides in rough terrain.

Favorite Trail:   18 Road trail system