Specialized Format SL Saddle

• Rounded back shape won't snag shorts
  • Hollow titanium rails for strength and lightweight
  • Ultralight SL tuned density foam padding
  • Ballistic nylon corner panels
  • Tough, light and water-resistant Micromatrix cover

Submitted by chris a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2013

Strengths:    I like this seat. Just did 2 hrs in it no problems. I ride a fizik aliante on the road so maybe my azz is a little tougher than the average mtb'er, but I like the spesh seat. And, I rode without padded shorts, just old school synthetic shammy. Maybe that makes a difference?

Weaknesses:    does have some stains from mud. So what, it's a mountain bike.

Bottom Line:
Joe Bob says check it out. I'm thinking of putting one on my road bike. Pretty comfy, not too heavy

Favorite Trail:   lysterfield lake park

Duration Product Used:   5 X

Purchased At:   mikes bikes, berkele

Bike Setup:   spesh stumpjumper fsr

Submitted by ChrisEdu a Weekend Warrior from Sussex, UK

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2010

Strengths:    Fairly lightweight and inoffensive to look at.

Weaknesses:    Lack of comfort. Even after a short amount of time on the saddle I was left feeling sore.

Bottom Line:
Came as the first fit saddle on my Epiphany. I used a fw times but just found it too uncomfortable to ride upon, even with padded shorts. Now changed it for a Henge SL143 - hopefully that might be better, it certainly felt more comfy in the shop.

Favorite Trail:   South Downa

Purchased At:   Freeborn - Horsham

Bike Setup:   Ellsworth Epiphany

Submitted by qazokm a Weekend Warrior from Lincoln, RI USA

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2010

Strengths:    Lightweight and easy to slide off the rear during technical or steep descents.

Weaknesses:    Not comfortable after 1.5 - 2 hours of riding. Relatively small seating area.

Bottom Line:
This was the stock saddle on my 2009 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro. I used it for a year but replaced it recently. The saddle is fine for up to 2 hours of riding, but after that it was too uncomfortable for me. It is lightweight and has titanium rails. But I wouldn't pay the MSRP on this. For $105 you can get much better saddles from WTB or Fizik.

Purchased At:   Came with my Special