Home | Reviews | Saddle | Sette

• 283mm Lengh
  • Plush soft cover and supportive Super Light foam padding

Submitted by Eric J

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2013

Strengths:    Comfort, Durability, Value, Longevity. Had this saddle since 2008.

Weaknesses:    After riding 5,000 miles on this saddle, I don't think I can come up with any negatives. This saddle has served me well and I will be buying a new one of the same make and model.

Bottom Line:
I bought this saddle for dirt cheap, 15.00 It lasted 5 years. If you know how to properly sit on a bicycle saddle, then this saddle is very comfortable. The high end, high buck saddles feel like a rock compared to this one. I will buy this saddle again.

Submitted by ventura a Weekend Warrior from Spokane, WA, USA

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2010

Strengths:    Cheap, graduated rails for adjustment

Weaknesses:    Painful

Bottom Line:
This is the most uncomfortable saddle I've ever ridden. I used it for a few short days on the trainer, then on one 40 mile ride. It's very inexpensive, but it's just not worth it. Spend a few more dollars and buy anything else.

Favorite Trail:   Riverside State Park singletrack

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   WTB Speed V, Speed V pro gel, Comfort, many other saddles

Bike Setup:   Diamondback XSL, Marin Novato, Kona Dew Deluxe, Ibex Ignition 1

Submitted by trailville a Cross Country Rider from Wisconsin

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2009

Strengths:    Cheap, comfy, and not too heavy.

Weaknesses:    durability?

Bottom Line:
If you're looking for a cheap seat that has enough padding to ride without padded shorts, but isn't so fat as to look and feel like a granny seat, give the Rev a shot.
I have a lot of bikes and generally ride more expensive seats, but the more expensive seats are pretty much designed to be used in combination with padded shorts. So I was looking for something cheap with a little more padding than my normal seats to use on my towny bike (so I could comfortable ride without padded shorts). So far the Rev is working great for this. I even purchased another one for my rigid trail bike (once again for the extra padding). While the Rev has enough padding to use without padded shorts, it's not so fat that it feels weird to use it with padded shorts either.
And 300 grams is actually pretty light for a cheap padded seat.
Durability might be an issue, but for $15.00 you can just get another one.

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   WTB Rocket V Pro, WTB speed V, Terry Fly,

Submitted by Bubba from Valpo a Weekend Warrior from Valparaiso, IN

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2009

Strengths:    Comfy

Weaknesses:    Hard to find right position

Bottom Line:
I combined this with a Sette air suspension post. No more numbness or sore butt.

Favorite Trail:   Imagination Glen

Purchased At:   Price point

Similar Products Used:   Specialized

Bike Setup:   Old Trek steel hardtail

Submitted by yellowjeep a Weekend Warrior from Lawrence KS

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2009

Strengths:    Inexpensive. Looks good. Similar shape to WTB

Weaknesses:    None that I know of yet

Bottom Line:
For 15 buck this seat is hard to argue with. It has the slightly sloping rear similar to a Pure V which is also a favorite. The rev is simple and clean looking and seems to be pretty tough. I will by another when need be.

Favorite Trail:   any

Similar Products Used:   WTB Pure V

Bike Setup:   Forge Sawback with Manipoo Black fork Deore and Hayes.

Submitted by schmitty8225 a Cross Country Rider from Oviedo Fl USA

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2009

Strengths:    This bike seat is comfortable. I was really surprised when I first sat on it. It has markings on it I guess for different angles for the seat to be at. Having it at 0 is perfect for me. It is also strong. I took a nice fall on it and scratched it up against limestone for a good 10 feet. The limestone had a texture of rough cement with small pebbles in it. All that happened to the seat was some rubbed off rock on it. I brushed it off and it was fine. I was really expecting this seat to rip and be ruined but it came out perfect. To me this seat was also a fairly small seat. I was expecting a fatter and bigger seat but I was surprised when I opened the box and saw a sleek and skinny seat.

Weaknesses:    The seat picks up smells very easily. Ive used the seat for about 9 hours and it already smells like someone took a dump in it and left it out in mangroves for a year. It may just be my butt is really smelly which is a big possiblity but I don't think it should smell this bad after 9 hours of riding.

Bottom Line:
This is a great seat. I would recommend it to anyone to try. The strengths of this product far outweigh the negatives. The seat durability was tested on my first extended ride with it and it passed with flying colors. The smell is not a huge weakness because nobody should be sniffing my seat. I am looking for a new seatpost because my current one can not grip a seat. My previous seat slid all over and this one does to but not as much, with my experience with Sette products I will be tryint their Venn seatpost to go along with this saddle. schmm.itty@gmail.com

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Some Avnir seat and a Specialized one. The Avnir one was the one that came with my bike and it was not comfortable at all. It was big and fat. The specialized one is the seat that comes on the Hardrock and this Sette seat is thinner than it. I havent sat on the Specialized one for an extended period of time but the intial sit on the Sette was more pleasent than the Specialized seat.

Bike Setup:   2006 Raleigh Mojave 2.0 with Time Atac Aluim Pedals, Bontrager Mustang Rims, Kool Stop MTB brake pades, Shimano Deore LX hubs

Submitted by Eric Johnson a Cross Country Rider from Saint Michael, Minnesota.

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2008

Strengths:    Comfortable, wow! I never thought a saddle this small and skinny could be so comfortable, It is also lighter than the other saddle which it replaced. It does not soak up so much water like previous saddles used due to being covered with synthetic leather.

Weaknesses:    I cannot find or think of any. This saddle cost me 15.00 and I feel that I got my money's worth modestly speaking.

Bottom Line:
I always thought that this kind of seat was going to be hard on ones behind, So, I always went for the ultra plush comfort gel seats. Still I was always getting the numbness in the groin from sitting on the saddle incorrectly AND using a seat which did not fill my needs. It seems that the low profile seats which are slimmer and dont take up so much space between your legs and have less surface to put so much pressure in certain areas are the way to go.
I am now riding much more comfortably now.
I am glad I made the decision to go with a little perfomance upgrade and got much more comfort along with it! All for 10.00 less than I was paying on average for those comfort seats.

Favorite Trail:   Any trail, Dirt,rock,or pavement.

Purchased At:   Pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   Memoflex II, GEL TYPE, Selle stratos, another GEL TYPE, Comfort seats.

Bike Setup:   Raleigh SCM50 with all components upgraded except stem and headset, X7 shifters, X7 rear, LX front, Raceface Ride XC crankset, TRUVATIV GIGAPIPE TEAM SL BB, AVID Single digit 7 brakes, paired with AVID speed dial lever, LX wheelset with sun rhynylite rims, SRAM PG950 cassette, Rockshox DART II 80MM fork.

Submitted by Mike a Cross Country Rider from Salt Lkae City, UT 84123

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2007

Strengths:    Very cheap, fairly light, comfortable.

Weaknesses:    No scuff pads on corners.

Bottom Line:
Cheap and very comfortable. No protection for crashes, I haven't torn it yet but it's probably only a matter of time.

Favorite Trail:   Porcupine Rim, Moab

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   WTB, various.

Bike Setup:   GT Avalanche HT, 1x8 drivetrain, Judy SL fork

fork choice as i build a turner rfx.... fox36 talas r vs rock shok rev w/ remote lock

ok turner rfx frame with i believe 5-spot linkages instead of the normal 6+' linkage both the fox36talas r 20mm axle and the rock shok rev w/ remote lockout and normal size quick release skewers (15mm???)are in good condition what say you as far as regular allmountain use it looks like i might ... Read More »

Dual Air or Dual Position on Rev's

Any advice on what way to go? I quite like the idea of dual pos, having just switched from Talas to Revelations… but I hear the Dual Air handle better? Anyone have experience of changing / comparisons? Cheers GRead More »

Nomad V1 Rev A Bearing specs?

I am trying to find a local supplier for my bearing replacements. What size are the bearings in my Nomad V1 Rev A? I know the larger ones from the upper link are 21.5mm x 31mm x 7mm but what about the other 3 sets? Anyone know off hand? ThanksRead More »

Is Nomad V1 Rev B the same as V1.5?

I'm trying to figure out what bearings I need for my Nomad. I know its a V1 (1 1/8th" ht) but don't know which Revision it is (A or B). There is a difference in the lower bore of the upper link between the two revisions. How can I tell which I have, besides pulling and measuring? Thanks.Read More »

Rev 150 on '08 Guapo

Hey Everyone, I have my old '08 frame lying around and considering building it up with the parts that are currently on my 5 Spot. Current Geometry on the Spot being a HTA of 68.5 and STA of 72.5. My thoughts are that I could throw my parts back over to the Guapo with the fork being a RS Rev ... Read More »