Home | Reviews | Saddle | Sette

• Width: 134mm
  • Lengh: 265mm

Submitted by alg a Cross Country Rider from Ft. Laud., FL - US

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2010

Strengths:    nice sleek design - light weight

Weaknesses:    not so confortable - week railing

Bottom Line:
very comfortable upon purchase but with months of use the seat became uncomfortable. finally after a 1.5 years of usage one of the rails snap in half. im only 160 lb. and mainly used in XC riding.

Favorite Trail:   Spider Women 2

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Bike Setup:   ellsworth truth - sram XO drive train - reba team - bonti rims

Submitted by StabMasta a Cross Country Rider from Phoenix az usa

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2009

Strengths:    Light, sleek, well built

Weaknesses:    Uncomfortable and almost no padding

Bottom Line:
I bought this saddle because of the reviews I read on this site. Out of the box, it appears to be well made and is very light. I'm 5'10" and 175lbs so I'm not exactly a featherweight, nor am I a porker. The bottom line is this saddle unleashes an anal pounding on my cakehole every ride! I've ridden about 75 miles on this thing and it makes me hate waking up in the morning. For those of you familiar with Goatse, that's how my arse feels after riding on the Sette Nyx. I recently tried an unknown model of the Specialized BG saddles and I WILL be switching very soon! The Nyx would be ideal for a BMX bike or disciplining a child, but not for the kind of riding I do.

Favorite Trail:   Any Somo trail

Purchased At:   Pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   WTB saddles

Bike Setup:   Sette Reken frame, Rockshox SID race forks, X9 components, Hone cranks, Xt wheels.

Submitted by debusama a Cross Country Rider from Spokane, Wa

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2009

Strengths:    Light, Cheap, relatively comfortable for the price and weight.

Weaknesses:    I quality heavier saddle will be more comfortable.

Bottom Line:
I was always looking for places other than the saddle to cut weight knowing that a bad saddle can really ruin a ride, and because I like to take long, all-day rides. After reading all the glowing reviews, I was beginning to thing that this 190g saddle might actually be as comfortable as the speed-V saddles I was used to. When it came in the mail, it looked like such a tiny sliver of a saddle; I thought I had made a mistake. I took it for a nice long 6-hour ride yesterday to see how I like it. It is much more firm than what I was used to, and I could feel it right away. Despite the fact that it wasn’t as comfortable as a 400g saddle to begin with, it never got any worse. At the end of the ride, it wasn’t causing me any pain. Right now, however, I can feel as I sit in my office chair that my sit-bones are a little bruised, which wasn’t happening before. It is about as comfortable as a saddle this light can be, but I’m not going to give it all five stars because it isn’t THAT comfortable.

I would recommend the saddle for someone who is looking to cut weight and doesn’t mind a very firm saddle. Don’t expect it to feel like other saddles that have and extra 150g of padding.

Favorite Trail:   Riverside state park

Purchased At:   Pricepoint "the big

Similar Products Used:   WTB Speed-V

Bike Setup:   Jamis Dakar with APX post

Submitted by Tim Blabbing a Weekend Warrior from Ottawa

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2008

Strengths:    196 grams light, looks awesome, surprisingly comfortable.

Weaknesses:    Price. If the ground looks at this thing wrong, it'll disintegrate.

Bottom Line:
I've had this saddle for 2 months now, I do weekly city rides. Compared to all the other saddles I've had this is the most comfortable. The weight is excellent. I'm using Sette's APX post, and the two paired together look incredibly trick. However, two gripes: This saddle is not meant to touch the ground or be bashed at all (this is not a legitimate complaint for this type of saddle, but it'd be perfect for me if it were kevlar covered), and I don't care for the price. Please explain to me how Sette's own Lynx saddle, which has a more complicated construction with a center cutout while using the same fancy rails costs $10 less? In this case, making a simpler, lighter saddle costs you more... Yes, the price is excellent compared to all the ridiculously expensive offerings from Fizik and Selle, but if it were less I'd actually buy some spares.

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Similar Products Used:   WTB Speed V, WTB SST, Performance Bikes Topo Comp, Specialized Body Geometry Comp.

Bike Setup:   2005 Giant STP1 urban.

Submitted by SpyderPride a Cross Country Rider from Bismarck, ND

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2008

Strengths:    light!
causes no pain
good looking
plenty of room for adjustment

Weaknesses:    nothing so far

Bottom Line:
Awesome saddle, hands down. Time will tell if its durable or not, but it seems well made.

It feels firm, but you can ride a long time without feeling any pain or numbness if its adjusted to you correctly, along with the rest of the cockpit. Even better when used in conjunction with a chamois. You're not going to get a soft/plush saddle in this weight class, but I can't imagine anything performing better than this one.

Similar Products Used:   WTB Speed V
Bontrager Race

Bike Setup:   '08 Trek 6500

Submitted by shark67 a Racer from Jackson, WI

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2008

Strengths:    price, weight, durability, leather, looks

Weaknesses:    not a mainstream brand?

Bottom Line:
This saddle blew me away! I bought it in desperation because of price, but after using it for an endurance race, I realized this was the perfect saddle for me. It is very light-weight (lighter than most high-priced equivalents) with just enough padding. I never had pain in the sensitive areas when riding. I purchased a WTB Rocket V in the meantime, but never even mounted because I've been so happy with the Nyx. I've used it for training and racing, and have not found anything to complain about. I've been trying to find something wrong with it, but I just can't. Sette is the best kept secret out there! You just can't beat this saddle for what you get for the dollar!

Favorite Trail:   John Muir

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager Race, Giant, WTB Rocket V ti

Bike Setup:   Trek hardtail frame. 8-speed drvetrain, XT components

Submitted by appgap a Weekend Warrior from Green Mtn State

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2008

Strengths:    Comfortable, light and nice liking

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
This comfy saddle knocked 160 gm of of my setup and didn't break the bank.

Favorite Trail:   my woods

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Similar Products Used:   WTB and several different Selle saddles

Bike Setup:   Motobecane Famtom Trail

Submitted by John a Cross Country Rider from Rochester, NY, USA

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2008

Strengths:    Comfortable, Light, Sharp Looking

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
I cant believe how comfortable this saddle is, I saw the reviews and thought i would give it a go. Ive ridden on tons of bontrager saddles, some being their top of the line carbons, and i prefer this one to any saddle ive used before. Its a great buy if youre able to get over the subtle sette logo.

Similar Products Used:   Many different Bontrager saddles

Bike Setup:   Custom Gary Fisher Piranha, Rock Shox Reba.

Submitted by Andy a Cross Country Rider from Horsetooth Mountain Colorado

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2008

Strengths:    CHEAP!!! Super light, comfy, stylie.

Weaknesses:    Dispels the cheap, light, strong rule, so far.

Bottom Line:
The stock saddle on my Hi-Fi 29er was a little uncomfortable. I saw this on sale and thought, what the heck - can't go wrong at this price.

This saddle is an unbelievable value for the money. I'm going to look a little closer at Sette products from here on out.

Nice job, pricepoint!

Purchased At:   PRICEPOINT WHERE PRICE IS THE POINT

Similar Products Used:   Usually WTB Laser V or Pure V

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher Hi-Fi Pro 29er - large frame on a 6'2 rider, 200 lb rider.

Submitted by Fredrick a Cross Country Rider from Northeast

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2007

Strengths:    Strong, light, ergonomic and doesn't cost a pot of gold. This is a durable full-leather saddle with Chrome-Titanium rails that gives plenty of length for perfect cockpit tuning. I've raced this all season, and it's been super comfy, and looks stylish to boot.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Simply quality, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Purchased At:   PricePoint.com