Home | Reviews | Saddle | Sette

Sette IXA Gel Chromoly Rail Saddle Saddle

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Whether on race day or any day the Ixa saddle excels at any role. Gel positioned in the support points offers excellent pressure relief and the soft leather cover provides optimum comfort. Strong chromoly rails round out this great deal. 302g

Submitted by Eddie a Weekend Warrior from Dobbs Ferry, NY

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2005

Strengths:    Cheap, Confortable, It works

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I got this saddle with the LX Build kit from PricePoint. The first couple of rides I was a little sore but after that it seemed fine. I ride 2-3 hours and remain comfortable. There are small gel pockets on both sides that are pretty soft that contribute to the confort. I have not seen any signs of wear yet but I have only used it for 6 months.

Favorite Trail:   Sprain Ridge (It is so close to me)

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Similar Products Used:   stock Seats on other bikes

Bike Setup:   VT 2 with LX Build Kit, Avid Mechanicals, Marz EXR Pro front fork, Titec Hell Bent seat post .

Submitted by Eric a Cross Country Rider from Lakewood, CO

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2005

Strengths:    Don't know.

Weaknesses:    Not comfortable... was not impressed with this saddle, and usually I don't care so much, but maybe that's because I always had good saddles before.

Bottom Line:
Back in 2003 I rode a Gary Fisher Sugar 2+ and I never gave the stock WTB Laser V two seconds of thought. It was always there, never hurt my A55, so why would I have to think about it?? Then along came the cheap and seemingly decent Sette with the supposed Gel insert for comfort. Man, that thing had me walking around with my hand on my crotch. Not comfortable. I think it's because the WTB's have "channels" for the goods instead of gel inserts. I didn't like the Selle Italia Genuine Gel or whatever either.... same gel concept. Guys need channels to keep pressure OFF THE GOODS, not gel to make the pressure less noticable. Now I have a Giant AC-1 with a WTB Speed V and it's once again a pleasure to ride. I'll never ride another saddle that doesn't have a channel or cutout. Oh yeah, to further support my theory, I also once owned an OEM Terry Race with titanium rails that I picked up from a local shop for $15. It had a HUGE cutout through the middle that I thought was going to pinch my nuts, but ended up being a very reliable saddle as well. Anyway, I like WTB's... that's my opinion.

Favorite Trail:   Mathews Winters

Purchased At:   Pricepoint, duh.

Similar Products Used:   WTB Laser V, WTB Speed V, Selle Italia Flite Gel... not impressed with that one either.

Bike Setup:   Jamis Komodo when I had this saddle.