Serfas Tegu Saddle

Competition MTB design Dual Density base for shock absorption High-back sit area for maximum leverage Hollow chromoly rails 347g approx. 28cm x 14cm

Submitted by rnelson a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2013

Strengths:    Comfort and stability.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
I've tried many saddles and have found this to be the best for me. I think it is due to the cupped shape, with the higher back. Mine is the lighter weight version (285g), which is thinner and a little harder than the heavier version. I stay in it better on the trails and it seems to relieve any pressure. I can go all day with this saddle, but only an hour or so with all other saddles I've tried before numbness and pain set in. This includes the saddle that came on my new Trek Superfly 100, which seems great, but hurts like crazy after only a few minutes. The MSRP is actually $55, not $19, but it is well worth it.

Duration Product Used:   2 years

Purchased At:   Amazon.com

Similar Products Used:   Many other brands

Bike Setup:   Trek Superfly 100 AL Elite

Submitted by Bikebros

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2012

Strengths:    Comfort, shape, right amount of padding. Ti rails at a great price. One of about 10 saddles I've tried in the last 5 years and it is my favorite. Mine was not $19.99 as the MSRP suggests - I'm assuming that is an error. As mentioned, the one I use has Ti rails, not cromo, and cost about $90.

Weaknesses:    Rumor has it the Ti rail version is no longer being made? what?

Bottom Line:
If you like a padded saddle with more of a cupped shape than some of the really flat saddles this is a great choice. My previous favorite was an SDG Belair if that gives you something to compare to. This saddle is the absolute opposite of the current Fizik style saddles - so if you are like me and can't sit on a Fizik for more than 10 seconds, this is a good option.