Serfas Rx Rx Saddle

4.21/5 (42 Reviews)

Serfas Rx Rx

Submitted by allan wallace a Weekend Warrior from arlington,texas,usa

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2007

Strengths:    Feels like you are sitting on your couch, well almost. Very little road vibration.

Weaknesses:    None yet. I have only had it for a short time.

Bottom Line:
Very comfortable saddle. I ride only on the street and paved bike trails. I am on my bike for 60 to 90 minutes at a time. I frequently would have to stand up several times during my ride to give my butt a break with my previous saddle. Since using this saddle I am able to sit my entire ride. I am very happy with this saddle. I have also tried the Serfas Rx grips. They seem to work well. No more hand numbness. I got them on e-bay for $1.25. What a bargin.

Purchased At:   e-bay

Bike Setup:   Trek 4300, stock.

Submitted by hamid from tavares, fl, usa

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2007

Strengths:    extremely comfortable

Weaknesses:    lining/seat cover shredded. should have been made more durable.

Bottom Line:
the seat is awesome. thank god. finally someone with some bicycle sense made a decent seat. serfas may have corrected the problem with the cover in later models, but i just purchased a new lining for 5$, and that was the end of that problem.

Purchased At:   bicycle jims, jupiter

Submitted by Curtis Chan a Cross Country Rider from Monterey Park, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2007

Strengths:    Super soft. Great groove in the center. Decent price.

Weaknesses:    Looks really big. Weight.

Bottom Line:
I went from my WTB Speed V saddle (stock on the bike) to this because the WTB was unbearably uncomfortable. Now, bear in mind, I'm a VERY skinny guy (5'6", 110lbs) so this made my butt ache. I think if you were a "normal"-sized person or slightly larger, this saddle would be awesome. Because I'm not, I opted for something REALLY comfortable and this was it! SUPER comfortable. I can now go for more than 1 hour without ANY pain (last ride was 2+ hours straight!). Highly recommended for skinny riders who want to ride for prolonged periods of time. :)

Favorite Trail:   San Gabriel Mountains

Purchased At:   Jones Bicycles

Similar Products Used:   WTB Speed V

Bike Setup:   Motobecane 700DS 2008 version (stock with Dart 2 front shock)

Submitted by DJ a Weekend Warrior from Sacramento, CA

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2006

Strengths:    Gel and comfort

Weaknesses:    RX logo frays your shorts!

Bottom Line:
I'm still looking for the perfect saddle. This saddle is great in a few respects--Very cushy and the hole/split is terrific. Great design for women. I tried it on a 50 mile ride. Overall I give it a 4 for no significant pain on long rides---a huge bonus!

Favorite Trail:   Bike trail

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   Terry butterfly

Bike Setup:   Jamis Ventura Elite

Submitted by Miles from D.C.

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2002

Strengths:    Comfort & price.

Weaknesses:    Looks cheaply designed. Brand stickers were alredy coming off while hanging in the store. Flimsy feeling plastic and fake kevlar.

Bottom Line:
This seat is way more comfortable than the SDG comp saddle that came with the bike. I was having to stand after a 10 mile ride due to the pain of the SDG. I've only used the Rx on one 15 mile ride, but there was almost no discomfort when I was done. What a difference! It is a bit wider, taller, and heavier, but whats 100 grams when you can sit the whole up hill climb back to the car. I give it a 5 on comfort... we'll see how durable it is with time.

Purchased At:   Revolutions

Bike Setup:   Kona ManoMano Full Suspension.

Submitted by Steve a Cross Country Rider from porterville ca

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2002

Strengths:    very plush, the most comfortable saddle i've ever come across

Weaknesses:    kinda bulky

Bottom Line:
in the 2 1/2 years i've been using this saddle riding it everyday 100+ miles a week, i have never had a "plumbing" problem and never gone numb

Purchased At:   paul's

Bike Setup:   fisher hardtail w/rockshox seatpost

Submitted by Stuart a Weekend Warrior from Hobart, Australia

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2001

Strengths:    Plush,

Weaknesses:    Heavy,

Bottom Line:
As soon as you sit on it you reallise why you bought this saddle. It is soft in all the right places, great if you're doing long commutes or some such. I weigh 220lbs and after some larger hits on the trail the seat rails bent, quite a bit, one would almost call it painful.

Favorite Trail:   S57

Similar Products Used:   SDG Bel Air, WTB Speed V

Bike Setup:   Giant ATX 900

Submitted by Dave B a Weekend Warrior from Salinas, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2001

Strengths:    COMFY! Groove down middle reduces numbness greatly.

Weaknesses:    Surface sticks to loose shorts.

Bottom Line:
For a 270 pound rider I needed something wider and softer. This seat is the answer to my needs. I went on one dirt ride last week and found myself going further than usual due to increased comfort. Also went on a 36 mile road ride(on the mountain bike) and had no problems. Definetly recommending this product to anyone in the market for a new seat!

Favorite Trail:   Goat Trail/Fort Ord, CA

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   WTB saddle

Bike Setup:   98 Voodoo Bokor XT/LX Shimano

Submitted by Paul Bryan a Cross Country Rider from Seattle, WA, USA

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2001

Strengths:    Comfortable, period.

Weaknesses:    None of significance to me.

Bottom Line:
This seat is comfortable even on long rides--40 miles+. That's more than can be said for most seats. Thanks, Serfas!

Favorite Trail:   Whidbey Island Trails

Purchased At:   Bicycles West--Warehouse

Similar Products Used:   Stock seat from Specialized Stumpjumper--ouch!

Bike Setup:   '99 Specialized M2 Comp--mostly stock.

Submitted by Ellen Goodwin a Weekend Warrior from Alexandria

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2001

Strengths:    HOle!, cushiness

Weaknesses:    cover is cheezy, too cushy in a way, weird hump

Bottom Line:
I'm still looking for the perfect saddle. This saddle is great in a few respects--Very cushy and the hole is terrific. Girls have stuff down yonder that should be protected too and the hole is super for reducing the most unpleasing "burning genitalia" effect that comes from some saddles! HOwever, something is weird here-I don't like the way there is a dip or hump (depending on how you look at it) where your sit bones rest. When you install the saddle as directed, the hump makes me feel as though I'm sliding down a hill on the saddle as I ride. I've tried tilting it and can't seem to get it just right. Anyone else have this issue? Another issue is that the saddle is so cushy that I feel as though I'm bouncing when I hit bumps sometimes. Overall I give it a 4 for no significant pain on long rides --a big, big bonus.

Favorite Trail:   beach drive

Purchased At:   Capital Hill Bikes

Similar Products Used:   terry butterfly, selle italia mens, vetta gel, stock coda

Bike Setup:   jamis nova

Submitted by Just a Girl from Denver, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2001

Strengths:    Hole in the middle is a BIG plus for long rides. I may be a girl, but I've got things to protect too! The seat material has held up pretty well to the beatings I've given it, including mud, rocks, trees, etc.

Weaknesses:    A little heavy, but a pain-free ride comes with a price. And, believe me, it's worth it.

Bottom Line:
I spend several hours a week on this seat and my rump is virtually pain free. Trail/XC riding is comfortable, and I've even taken a couple of big hits and landed hard on the saddle without begging the MTB gods to let me die. So far, so good. Anyone concerned about their unspeakable regions should go out and buy this seat. It'll save the family jewels for both genders.

Favorite Trail:   anything with dirt

Similar Products Used:   Looked at several - this was the best blend of comfort, quality and price.

Bike Setup:   2001 Kona Caldera w/ XT drivetrain, Spinergy Spox and, of course, my cushy Serfas saddle.

Submitted by Dave a Weekend Warrior from Woodland Hills

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2001

Strengths:    Takes away the numbness of long rides.

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
I first bought the Specialized version and felt like I was sitting on a brick. I'd been using the Sefra regular gel seat which I liked so decided to try the RX version and was impressed. If you're worried about protecting yourself you should check out this seat!

Favorite Trail:   Cheesbro