Serfas Acuna Saddle

Weight : 270 grams

• Lorica leather
  • Tubular Titanium rails
  • Flexible and shock absorbing Dual Density base
  • Larger and tougher side impact guards and Kevlar side panels

Submitted by cegrover a Cross Country Rider from Nashville, TN, USA

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2009

Strengths:    Comfy, easy on the prostate and lightweight

Weaknesses:    None noted

Bottom Line:
If you have prostate or related problems, this saddle could be a great choice for you. It certainly is for me. I use it on my FS ride, on which I do a lot of sitting and spinning vs. my rigid, vintage rides. It's great to find something that's affordable, lightweight AND serves the medical purpose it needs to serve. Naturally, results vary by person, but I'm very happy with this saddle.

Similar Products Used:   Various saddles - WTB Rocket V and many vintage saddles

Bike Setup:   '05 Salsa El Santo with '08 SID Team

Submitted by Joel a Downhiller from Reno, NV

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2007

Strengths:    - light weight
- good looks
- very sleek and not bulky
- strong
- pretty comfortable!

Weaknesses:    - MSRP is pricey, but I got it for $24 through my work ><

Bottom Line:
This is a great light weight saddle. I use it for downhill, because I rarely use my seat. Since that is the case, I don't need a "downhill specific" saddle... which makes me wonder why there are "downhill" saddles since you never use them for dh. Anyway, this saddle saved me about half the weight over my Marzocchi Downhill Seat and looks a ton better. The light weight and sleek design are both practical and aesthetically pleasing. I've taken my fair share of crashes and this seat has held up just fine.

5 chilies on both value and overall. They are really nice!!

Favorite Trail:   Sea Otter Downhill

Bike Setup:   SWD Crazy 8

Mad Props To Bobby Acuna and Manitou

So I'm guessing you all heard my troubles with Marzocchi and how they "lost" my fork. So long story short I ordered a used Sherman Slider Plus(day after Marzocchi calls and tells me they found the fork and are sending it back). So of course I keep the Slider plus and end up selling the Drop Off Tr ... Read More »