Selle SMP Evolution Saddle

Endorsed by physicians, the patented Selle SMP Evolution saddle features an extra wide channel that eliminates pelvic floor pressure.

Submitted by Alan a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2015

Strengths:    Shape, fit and finish.

Weaknesses:    Price and a little hard to find in shops.

Bottom Line:
I normally never write reviews. But I felt I should do one for this saddle.
I'm pretty picky with my saddle choice as not much feels good to me. I ride a fizzy arione on my bike. I found that the bigger flat profile agrees with my 130lbs build. I have tried many "cut out" saddles but they do not fit me well.

I work in the bike biz and my Colnago sales rep left me his personal bike (Colnago Vr1) to demo. Great! I normally never second guess the saddle and just swap mine out. But this time my curiosity got the better of me and I gave the SMP a try.
To my surprise not only did it fit well it was pretty darn conferrable for a high end saddle. I felt due to the shape you can get a certain amount of added leverage out of your legs and butt. I did over 60 miles on two rides and was very pleased on nice the saddle felt overall.

My only things with it was, SMP makes many different versions and without getting your hands on them its hard to tell what would be best for you. Pricing I think is a little high and not all shops carry them. It might be because due to their radical shape people look at it and turn their heads and say no way without trying it first. TRY THEM. it made a believer out of me and I will be buying one asap! Cheers.

Bike Setup:   BH Ultralight

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!