Selle Royal HT Wing Saddle

• Width: 137 mm

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Daniel McFarland a Weekend Warrior from Miami, Florida, USA

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2002

Strengths:    Its very strong, durable, and really comfortable.

Weaknesses:    NONE! there is no such thing as snagging of shorts with this saddle. i dont know what Ben S. is smokin...

Bottom Line:
    I've gone through about five so far and this is the best I have ever ridden on. Its smooth and there is none of that pain when your sitting down the day after. Where all the other saddles fail this one shines. It supports everything that needs it.

Favorite Trail:   Alligator ally - "If you have doubt, stay out"

Purchased At:   Nashbar.com

Similar Products Used:   everything else just fails to compare.

Bike Setup:   Specialized FSR pro with MSR Bomber and a mix of Race Face components.

Submitted by John a Weekend Warrior from South Texas

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2002

Strengths:    Comfortable.
    Good control.
    Non-slip.
    No numbness.

Weaknesses:    It's yellow (my fault).

Bottom Line:
    I don't like gel saddles. I feel like I'm falling off all the time. This saddle doesn't have that problem. I don't even feel the gel while I'm riding. But I don't get pressure point fatigue. There wasn't any break-in to speak of. This saddle is perfect for me in rough stuff where I'm up on the pedals and controlling with my thighs. It's a snap to drop off the back for the downhills. The plastic cover is much stickier than leather, so no sliding around.

And I don't pound the important stuff into jelly before the day is over. That's what the new seat was all about. The Bel Aire was a decent seat, but after a few hours, I was pounded bad. I kept dragging out the tools to adjust it, then putting them back because it was adjusted right already.

Now that it's no longer the hot ticket, the price is right. The shape is excellent for me (6'4", 240). The gel does the job without getting in the way. Sweet seat.

Purchased At:   Nashbar

Similar Products Used:   SGD Bel Aire, Summit Gel, others

Bike Setup:   Aluminum Hardtail

Submitted by Ben S. a Weekend Warrior from South Florida

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2002

Strengths:    This seat has lasted for nearly two years with no problems. The size of the seat makes for easy manuvering. Seems to have just the right of amount of padding. Plastic pieces on sides prevent scraping saddle material. Came standard on my bike. Cutout in the center has totally alleviated pressure in groin area. I keep thinking I should invest in a brand name seat with more bells and whistles, then I ride and forget all about it.

Weaknesses:    The nose juts straight out, resulting in snagging of shorts sometimes. The nose of the saddle could be turned down a bit to avoid snagging.

Bottom Line:
    Good, basic cross-country seat.

Purchased At:   came standard on C-dale

Similar Products Used:   None.