Selle Italia SLR TT Saddle

When light weight meets incredible strength, that is the Selle Italia SLR TT saddle. With attractive Italian style and an innovative carbon fiber structure, SLR TT is the last word in racing saddles. Selle Italia SLR is the most demanded saddle by professional cyclists. Includes: Leather cover with tubular titanium rails

Submitted by Sheepo5669

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2013

Strengths:    This saddle is comfortable for me and built well. You get exactly what you see in the pic before you buy. (plus a few grams over SIs claims)

Weaknesses:    NOT up to par for MTB or CX use as advertised. Road only. I weigh 160 pounds and I have broken 2 on the MTB. I thought the first was a fluke so I warranted it. Took 2 months and now the second one if breaking the same way. The carbon base is cracking allowing the saddle to sag. The one on my road bike is still holding up great, except for some leather wearing through. (been using it a year and a half and expect that out of any saddle.)

Bottom Line:
Dont MTB on this unless you are 130 pounds or less. Its gonna break. I rated it poorly because Selle Italia lists on their website that it is rated for MTBing. Not true in my opinion.