Selle Italia SLK Gelflow Saddle

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)
Weight : 215 grams MSRP : $162.00

The SLK features an aggressive center cutoutThat extendsToThe back ofThe saddle for comfort. 195 grams 135mm wide LightweightTubular Vanox rails

Submitted by mrmut a Cross Country Rider from Dugo Selo, Croatia

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2009

Strengths:    Fantastic saddle!

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
I've been trying different saddles in search for ideal one, and while all other ones hurt my soft parts, I've felt problems are gone the same moment I've sat on SLK.

Brilliant. I can ride 50Km without padded trousers and without any pain or discomfort.

Favorite Trail:   XC

Similar Products Used:   *Many* other saddles

Bike Setup:   Woodoo Wanga / Fox / etc

Submitted by mdkrock a Cross Country Rider from Van Nuys, CA

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2009

Strengths:    Light, cool design and sturdy.

Weaknesses:    Kinda feel stiff after couple hours, but there is always a trade off.

Bottom Line:
It is not a gel saddle so it is on the stiff side. But the independent design really works well. Not as comfortable as the WTB V race saddle but lighter and it looks like it's gonna last for years.

Favorite Trail:   El Prieto

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   WTB, Specialized Rival, and some others I don't remember the names.

Bike Setup:   Titus X 07, XT Setup, Mavic Crossmax SL, Fox RLC

Submitted by MadDuc916 a Cross Country Rider from Austin, Texas

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2009

Strengths:    Light, good quality,

Weaknesses:    None so far, I am very pleased with the product.

Bottom Line:
I replaced my WTB saddle after breaking a seat rail. The independant design makes this a very comfortable saddle for me. I am large, 6"3 and 250, and the saddle fits well, works well and so far has held up nicely. we'll see how it works in the long run, but so far so good. I would recommend this to a friend without issue. The weight is also a nice by product of the design. Buy one, you won't be disappointed.

Favorite Trail:   Goodwater Trail

Purchased At:   Performance Cycles

Similar Products Used:   WTB, Selle Italia Flite

Bike Setup:   Litespeed Obed, blah blah blah

Submitted by Ian P a Weekend Warrior from Maryland

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2008

Strengths:    Comfortable, Durable

Weaknesses:    Not that light against SLRs

Bottom Line:
This is a great saddle if you need something that has some flex in it. The Gel Flow version is great if you like a little padding but it makes it heavier. It has been left out in the rain and ridden through mud and the leather seems fine. If you want light though, go for an SLR but if you want comfort but still semi-light, get this.

Purchased At:   Performance

Bike Setup:   Trek Fuel EX 7
XTR pedals Formula Brakes

Selle Italia SLK GelFlow vs San Marco Aspide Arrowhead ?

Hi I'm thinking of getting one of these saddles - anyone have tried one ? I'm looking something with open middle section. I don't know if the GelFlow version adds more comfort and soft tissue relief over standard SLK ? I will be gratefull for any advice and maybe other suggestions.. ... Read More »