San Marco Integra Saddle

2.8/5 (25 Reviews)

San Marco Integra

Submitted by xmessenger a Cross Country Rider from victoria

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2012

Strengths:    Light,inexspensive now,and its effective at suspending over stutters. Comfortable

Weaknesses:    Durability if you are heavier

Bottom Line:
I just got a new one off ebay after getting one way back when it first came out.Why? Because I remembered I used one throughout my stint as a courier and can honestly never recall being uncomfortable everon my bike backthen. Judgeing bythe comments some have a durability issue. I do remember one of the rails eventually rolled inward but thatwas after years and didnt effect the ride. Saddles are tricky items to buy because you never really know if it will be comfy until you use one but my experiance wasvery good and it really was good at taking the bite outta stutters which is nice on a hardtailor longer rides. The looks are a bit odd though.

Similar Products Used:   Stock kona, selle italia gel, wtb shadowl

Bike Setup:   Old rocky

Submitted by Travis a Weekend Warrior from Australia

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
OK, The final chapter. I snapped the plastic rail this weekend. Offroad I took a big hit through the saddle and heard a large dull thud. Snaped the rail clean through. Guess in hind sight it is a good road saddle, with the right post. To its credit I was able to ride it home.

Submitted by Travis from World

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2001

Strengths:    Comfy

Weaknesses:    Bad on the wrong post

Bottom Line:
Adding to my post below the post I would recomend the seat post to go with this seat called the "Titec Post". Titec do many other posts. But this one is cheap, strong and on the heavish side. 324gm. It might not suit someone going for an ultralight setup but it is still light and the seat doesn't flex. If you go for something else I would recomend something with two tightening bolts.

Similar Products Used:   SDG, Velo, Selle, Bontranger etc...

Submitted by Travis a Weekend Warrior from Australia

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2001

Strengths:    Good with the right POST!

Weaknesses:    Bad with the wrong POST

Bottom Line:
The performance of this saddle depends on the post that you mount it on. I road it for a while on My Giant XTC (XC full suspension)with a Kore/Titec? stem with the standard one tighening bolt. It felt like a wet noodle. I was surprised because I had been riding it on my KONA Explosif (Hard Tail), Sure enough my Titec post has two tighening bolt far away from each other. There was such a incredible difference between the two posts in the feel of the saddle. So if you get one pair it up with a solid post (2 bolts or wide clamp).

Favorite Trail:   BC

Similar Products Used:   Selle's, Velos, Bontrangers etc. etc.

Bike Setup:   Steel KONA EXPLOSIF SID M100 XT Groupo

Submitted by Radar a Racer from Barberton, OH

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2000

Strengths:    Light! And shock absorbing too.

Weaknesses:    Doesn't look as good as a drop nose saddle, can't use a seatbag, maybe a little fragile for heavier people (haven't had any problems).

Bottom Line:
I got this saddle on eBay.com for $10. It was used for only one ride, so basically it's new. I weighed it and it was right around the 200 gram mark. At least as light as the Flite saddles, just minus the chi chi factor.

I put it on and it's SKINNY! I was running a WTB SST.X and the Integra's widest part is probably about 3/4in. narrower than the SST. I got used to it though, but wider butted people might not want it.

I realized when I was in the saddle it felt like I was running 10 psi lower than normal. I got off my bike and realized I could flex the saddle in almost every direction about 20mm! This really helps the little stutter bumps that aggrevate back pain, especially if you sit on the very rear of the seat. It won't help your traction (low psi does that) but it's so much bump absorption it kept me from considering a suspension seatpost.

Who shouldn't buy this seat? Based on the reviews, heavier riders and/or those who ride hard. Also, the rail configuration kept me from using any kind of seatbag (I have a few different ones) so I can't bring as many tools on long rides, I use my jersey pockets now. Overall, I think they could have made the plastic rails go up a little further so you could put a seatbag on it, but just not all the way up to the shell so it could still flex over bumps.

Since you can find it for a good price plenty of places, I'll give it a 5 value rating, and 4 overal because of a couple tiny problems.

Favorite Trail:   Vulture's Knob

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   WTB SST and SSTX, Trek, Bontrager C 30, other saddles (too many to count).

Bike Setup:   This is on a Fisher hardtail with a Profile Fastback seatpost.

Submitted by Los Guys a Racer from planet k

Date Reviewed: March 29, 1999

Strengths:
LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT
CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP

Weaknesses:
Cant use it with some seatposts

Bottom Line:
Everyone I talked to thinks that I am on acid for liking this seat. Based on the other reviews here, its seems that you either love it or hate it. I for one actually love it. It took some doing to get used to it, but now I actually think that it is very comfortable. Originally it was offered at a price of around $80. I would not shell out that much for it but for the $20 I paid, I feel it was one of the best purchases I every made for my bike. I weigh 165-170 and have ridden on one for about 2 years and have never had problems with it breaking or sagging or whatever. It finally did break when I drove into a parking garage with the bike on the roof (duh). But hey, at $20 no big deal! I just bought me another.One note about its weight. When I was first installing it, I wanted to compare the weight of it with the weight of my stock saddle off of my M2 Stumpjumper. Darn it...I forgot to compare the two before I put the integra on the seat post. None-the-less I compared the two (by hold them in my hands). The Integra, attatched to my seatpost was deffinately lighter that my stock saddle without a post!!! HOWs that for light!!! As far as durability goes, if you are that worried about it, spend $40 and carry a spare.

2 Years

Submitted by Garner of the Hill People a cross-country rider from Branson, Mo

Date Reviewed: March 10, 1999

Bottom Line:

I got this saddle at a blowout sale at an LBS for (relatively) cheap. I put it on my second bike to make it easier to sell, and I didn't intend on riding it much. Aftera handful of rides on this commuter bike (all paved), I decided to play with the new platform pedals I had bought. I lofted my bike off of about a 2 foot ledge at speed and my feet rolled forward off of the pedals on the landing (I clipped my back tire on the drop, landing on the front wheel). I leveled the bike out without endo-ing but I was sure my genatalia was going to be a thing of the past in a split second, as I came down heavy on the nose of the saddle before my feet touched down. Luckily for me, this seat was the stupidest idea imaginable for a MTB, and it absolutely ripped itself from the seatpost clamp with no resistance. A clean break of the rails, so much so that it ripped the leather cover like a scissors. There was nothing left of the saddle but the fake rails in the clamp. Fortunately this was on my cruiser and not my MTB and I didn't have to ride saddle-less for very far. For the record, I didn't like it before it broke, it not only flexed but drooped, folded, hesitated, and then rebounded like a diving board. Very imprecise. The nose flexed a lot, laterally, too, while the acutal seat part, the rear of the saddle, was pretty hard due to it's reinforcement and the fact that it couldn't flex around the post head, like a good railed saddle will. Avoid early models of these seats at all cost. I was very nearly made a unich by a saddle that pretty much sucked anyway. A lot of shops have these laying around cheap from the good old days. Be wary!I wish I could give this saddle 0 stars to pull it below a 2.5 for consideration in the Hall of Shame.

Submitted by Gary a racer from Medina, Ohio

Date Reviewed: February 15, 1999

Bottom Line:

If you buy a bike with this saddle replace it immediately, especially on a road bike or your wife might have to look elsewhere for things you should be taking care of!

Submitted by nick a weekend warrior from uk

Date Reviewed: January 2, 1999

Bottom Line:

Crap. Complete and total crap. Stupid idea having a saddle with integrated plastic rails. It may be light but it bends and wobbles back and forth, like sitting on a lump of jelly. Don't buy one and if you get it on a built up bike, make the bike shop change it for free.

Submitted by John a cross-country rider from Detroit

Date Reviewed: August 31, 1998

Bottom Line:

This a very comfortable saddle. It is almost like having a suspension seat post. The saddle is also very, very light. I have put a year of had riding on it,and no problems. It fits my physique, it good enough looking, is it 50 words yet? I hope so. Now,

Submitted by Tom a weekend warrior from Chicago

Date Reviewed: August 29, 1998

Bottom Line:

This a great saddle. It is very comfortable, providing an almost suspension like ride. I do a great deal of riding on rough roads and find that it takes a great of the butt buzz away. This saddle is also very light. While it lacks the trendiness of the flites, it actually a more practical saddle. I would give it twenty five stars if I could. Supergo sucks.

Submitted by john a weekend warrior from so cal

Date Reviewed: August 29, 1998

Bottom Line:

had 2 of these saddles. the first one broke at the rails (see previous review) and the second one just started to sag on one side. still like the feel of the saddle, but unfortunately it isn't durable. i wouldn't recommend spending the money on this saddle unless you have a lot of cash to burn on buying new ones

Submitted by john a weekend warrior from so cal

Date Reviewed: June 11, 1998

Bottom Line:

rode this saddle for about a year. it is a fairly comfortable saddle with lots of rear flex. works almost like a suspension seatpost. it is however fragile. broke at the start of a race. i was able to slide the saddle onto the part of the rail that still remained so i was able to finish the race with it. good saddle if it were a little more durable.

Submitted by John Palmquist a racer from Miami

Date Reviewed: May 25, 1998

Bottom Line:

I was inniataly impressed with the ammount of padding and lack of weight of the San Marco Integra seat, but after placing on my bike I realized the unique rail system did not allow you to move the seat as far back on the seat post as conventional seats. This screwed with my riding position on my bike too much to countinue useing it. It however would not effect any one who normaly places there seat farther forward on their seat-post.

Submitted by WILL S a cross-country rider

Date Reviewed: December 29, 1997

Bottom Line:

WHEN I REPLACED MY STOCK CODA SEAT I THOUGHT I WOULD GO FOR A SUPER LIGHT RACING SEAT BIG MISTAKE LIGHTER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER NO PADDING FLEXY NOSE VERY NARROW MY ASS HURTS JUST TALKING IT REPLACED IT WITH A WTB SST TI RAIL SEAT MY ASS IS A LOT HAPPIER NOW AND SO AM I SO REMEMBER LIGHT IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT

KS LEV Integra??? Where is it?

Is the ks lev integra out yet? Where can I get one?Read More »

Kind Shock LEV integra

Hi all. Internal cable routing seems to be the trend on MTB frames these days as can be seen on the Transition covert, Yeti SB66 and some Specialized frames. I'll be getting the Carbon Covert when it comes out and would like to use KS LEV Integra on it. Anyone know where it is available? I can ... Read More »

Anyone know where to buy Renthal Integra stem? Does not matter where it comes from

Just like title states, looking for a shop online that has the Renthal Integra stem in stock. Can't find it anywhere.Read More »

Stolen! Specialized Enduro and Acura Integra - Everett

[B]Update: Got my car back yesterday, mostly intact. They took my bike though. Also stole my cheapo blue Bell helmet and red offbrand Camelback style backpack with all my bike gear/tools in it. Please call me if you have any information about my bike.[/B] Someone stole my red 1990 Acura Integra G ... Read More »

Paid Spam- Thule 409 Acura Integra Roof Rack

I have a 6 month old Thule 409 Acura Integra Roof Rack for sale if anyone is interested. [URL="http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct.php?product=52514&cat="]http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct.php?product=52514&cat=[/URL]Read More »