San Marco Gelaround Arami Saddle

4.71/5 (7 Reviews)
Weight : 278 grams

Submitted by Matt a Weekend Warrior from Alabama

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2005

Strengths:    Comfort, durabilty, materials used. Check their site for info on it.

Weaknesses:    Some of the stitching seems to be frayed. The rails have oxidized in spots in contact with seatpost (Thomson).

Bottom Line:
Sweet saddle. Have loved having it on my bike. I ride it around town all the time and though it is smaller than the stock saddle it is great and comfortable. I also ride it XC and all-mountain and it is great. No pressure on the dangly bits and durable though the stitching seems to be worn ever slightly. It took only a short time to get used to sitting on it. Great. Get it if you want comfort, good ergonomics, and durability. Don't but it if you absolutely must have a plush bum-pillow.

Purchased At:   Don't remember

Similar Products Used:   Stock Bontrager with Trek 4600

Bike Setup:   Trek 4600; basically a stock 4500 with SRAM X.7 triggers and rear derailleur.

Submitted by Russ a Cross Country Rider from Arkansas, USA

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2003

Strengths:    not real heavy, very comfortable, good for long rides down and uphill

Weaknesses:    none yet, NO SQUEAKS THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom Line:
this seat is Awsome!!!! I only weigh 130lbs., so as you can imagine I have a real boney butt. I tend to ride standing a lot(uphill) so I don't go through many seats, but I would have to say this is the nicest seat I've ridden on. not to mention I got the seat at a really good price because I know the guy that sold it to me.I'd say if your looking for a seat definitly try this one.

Purchased At:   Highlander cycling

Similar Products Used:   selle italia, etc.....

Bike Setup:   gt backwoods(single speed), raceface cranks, etc....

Submitted by Grzegorz a Cross Country Rider from Kielce

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2003

Strengths:    looks, comfort

Weaknesses:    fragile

Bottom Line:
it may be a comfy and nice looking saddle but I managed to break it after about a month. It's way too fragile, suited for light xc only. If you want to do something harder get something else. (but I must admit I was very happy with it during the first month)

Purchased At:   local store

Similar Products Used:   stock saddles

Bike Setup:   giant nrs

Submitted by Marek a Cross Country Rider from Gdynia , Poland

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2003

Strengths:    Comfort , vibrations suppression

Weaknesses:    fragile ?

Bottom Line:
Expensive but exellent . The first saddle I do not notice riding on it .

Favorite Trail:   wooded hills around my city

Purchased At:   local bike shop

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager Race Gel

Bike Setup:   Full suspension XC

Submitted by mauro a Weekend Warrior from rome,italy

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2002

Strengths:    comfort, comfort, comfort

Weaknesses:    weight

Bottom Line:
The best saddle I ever used: unbeatable comfort especially for long excursions, and it doesn't bend and squeak as Selle Italia does. If you are looking for comfortable saddle without paying a big deal of money, and are not obsessed by weight, buy it!

Purchased At:   bike planet

Similar Products Used:   selle italia max flite gel flow, specialized bg

Submitted by Dale a Cross Country Rider from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2002

Strengths:    comfort

Weaknesses:    none, ti rails would be schmick

Bottom Line:
The most comfortable saddle I have ever had, like sitting on a couch. Fantastic, I haven't had a sore arse since I started using it and I can ride for hours now without any pain. That's without padded knicks, just normal shorts. You have to get one, they are fantastic. I weigh 120kg's or 370pounds so you know I'm working this product.

Favorite Trail:   witches

Purchased At:   supergo

Similar Products Used:   selle royal crap, brooks professional

Bike Setup:   cannondale caad4 with some nice upgrades

Submitted by Bud a Racer from Columbus, Oh

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2002

Strengths:    Cut-out, Gel padding, narrow nose

Weaknesses:    May be a bit wide a the rear

Bottom Line:
You know how your feet feel in a new pair of shoes that fit just so. Well, that's about how my butt feels riding on this saddle. It enjoys riding again. No more numbness, no more ischial pain, no more perineal soreness. This saddle is the real McCoy. Because the NRS is a tad harsh for a full suspension rig, having a saddle that takes the edge off is dope. After using this saddle in a race on a very hard packed course, the cheeks were signing. If you experience any of the above symptoms, try this saddle and write your review in the morning. I'm switching all my bikes to this saddle so that my posterior respects me in the A.M. I gave the saddle five flamin' chilis because I find it hard to place a limit on saddle comfort.

Purchased At:   LIBD