Home | Reviews | Saddle | Kore

• Adjustment range: 48mm
  • Cover: Textured synthetic

Submitted by anon123 a Weekend Warrior from Miami, FL, USA

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2010

Strengths:    quick install

Weaknesses:    material too weak, broke after i landed on the saddle coming down a hill

Bottom Line:
Brackets where the saddle connects to the beam... plastic... this produces epic fail if u come on it too hard (it breaks)

Purchased At:   pricepoint.com

Bike Setup:   Fuji diamondcomp

Submitted by danger gadget a Weekend Warrior from New Zealand

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2009

Strengths:    It's light, and kind of comfy if you're used to a low profile saddle. Anti-wear fabric prevented wear.

Weaknesses:    Weaknesses: It's too weak. Well too prone to plastic fatigue to be precise. It's also a bit light on padding, or at least doesn't use its padding as well as other saddles.

Bottom Line:
Too weak. This seat like others out there snapped right through the I-beam, exactly at the back of the seat clamp, where it is subjected to huge shear forces from rider weight and given no support at all. The i-beam deserves to be re-inforced in order to work I think. Leaving it as it is is a flawed engineering design. I owned it for a year and it mainly saw commuting, with a bit of british XC riding. Consider this seat only for road riding and even then choose carefully.

Favorite Trail:   Sur La Grand Conche, France

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Similar Products Used:   SDG, various other saddles

Bike Setup:   Ibis Mojo Carbon, Fox Front & Rear, Kore I-Beam seatpost

Submitted by Jeff a Cross Country Rider from Monterey

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2008

Strengths:    Looks clean. Good concept.

Weaknesses:    just too weak. It's PLASTIC for crying out loud! Anyways, Snapped the rail, then did home repair, then snapped again, then after the third large crack, another saddle was purchased as only I'beam saddles will accomodate the seatpost. I hope this one will last a little longer.

Bottom Line:
Too much $$$ for a piece of plastic that wont last. Get WTB. Much more comfortable, and sturdy.

Similar Products Used:   WTD Speedrocket

Submitted by RICHARD a Racer from AUSTRALIA

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2007

Strengths:    Very tough.

Weaknesses:    Not as comfortable as some of the other saddles that are around

Bottom Line:
This saddle is brilliant, I've never had a saddle last this long! Being a big bloke I have destroyed quite a few saddles in the past. When I upgraded my bike 12 months ago this saddle was fitted as standard and I'm very happy with it. I've ridden everything from a quick 30 min spin after work, XC racing to a 6 hour enduro on a bike fitted with this saddle. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that it takes quite a while to bed in and get used to. I'm now on the lookout for another one for my commuter bike.
I gave 5 chilis for value as it just wont die, and 4 chilis overall as it takes a little while to bed in. I recommend anyone who wants a saddle that is long lasting tough, comfortable (after a while) to get one.

Similar Products Used:   Many saddles from Bontrager to specialised.

Bike Setup:   Mongoose teocali as purchased

Submitted by Dave a Weekend Warrior from Richmond, Va. USA

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2007

Strengths:    Darn good looking saddle and seatpost combination, but that is about it.

Weaknesses:    I have had this saddle for only 2-3 months and only trail ride (fairly hard) on the weekends. Today, I heard a loud "pop" and felt the saddle lean forward a bit. I thought it had slipped loose in the binding. But a closer inspection revealed that the I-beam had actually split. I adjusted the clamp over the crack in hopes of being able to finish the ride, but another mile or so in, "pop", the I-beam split in half. So now, since the Kore seatpost is only good with a Kore saddle, I have two useless peices ($41.00 for the saddle and another $21.00 for the seatpost). I went out today are replaced these with a Ritchey seatpost and a WTB Speed saddle. What the other reviewer said previously is also true, there is very little room for a small saddle pack to fit, unless you get one with longer straps.

Bottom Line:
Would not consider the Kore saddle/seatpost combination in the future. Maybe it would work better on a road bike, but mine sure was not able to take much offroad abuse.

Favorite Trail:   Poor Farm Park

Purchased At:   Price Point

Bike Setup:   2006 Ironhorse hardtail. SRAM Attack trigger shifters. Deore derailleurs. Avid BB7 disc brakes. LOCO wheelset. WTB Weirwolf tires. Kore stem. Sette O/S bar. Truvativ crankset. Crank Brothers Mallet pedals. Ritchey seatpost and WTB Speed saddle.

Submitted by Bunky Beaver a Weekend Warrior from Santa Ana, Calif.USA

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2007

Strengths:    Trick design-latest horn-bell-whistle but sure not better than my last Ritchey saddle

Weaknesses:    Sounds ridiculous but there is no way to install a small under the saddle seatbag--Kore would have never offered a bogus Taiwan made POS seat designed for biker wantobes but neverwills

Bottom Line:
Bogus with a capital B O G U S! Only i Chili for this POS for Value and 1Chili for Overall Rating

But worth less