Home | Reviews | Saddle | Koobi

Koobi PRS Enduro Saddle

Weight : 319 grams MSRP : $180.00

Combines the highly successful Au Enduro with the PRS technology. Ideal for cyclists riding 3-6 hours per week. Custom built.

Submitted by Johnny D a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2014

Strengths:    Great saddle design, perfect for any hardtail and cyclocross bkikes if you want some suspension to absorb bumps

Weaknesses:    Little heavy at 319g

Bottom Line:
Hello folks I haven't done many reviews. However, I thought it was time to share my experience of the Koobi PRS Enduro saddle (PRS- personal ride system). I've been riding road and mountain bikes for 20 years, ok, no big deal. I am very conscious of weight (weight weenies), and all my parts have been titanium or carbon. My saddles have always been in the 160-200 gram weight range. These saddles don't have much comfort due to lack of foam or gel. I switched from full suspension to hard tail 29er back in 2007, and my rides have been pretty brutal and hard on my 180 g saddle. Last year a friend recommended the Koobi PRS Enduro Saddle with elastomer compliance suspension. The first thing I did was go to the Koobi website and research the weight. Yikes 319 g, yikes $200! I contacted Koobi and they assured me I could ride it and if I didn't like it I could return it as they have a 30 day trial. Pretty good deal, IMO. Koobi needed my weight, how many times a week I ride and riding style. They suggested the PRS Alpha or PRS Enduro. I chose the Enduro because the saddle was slightly wider and had Kevlar sides. My saddle came installed with red elastomers. I weigh 167 lbs. Also included were the yellow and blue elastomers if I wanted to change my suspension firmness – softer or harder. After my first ride I was sold. I felt more in control with the hard tail 29er over bumps, not bouncing around and felt fresh after the ride, no pain in my rear or lower back! The elastomers absorbed small bumps and ate up trail vibration. The saddle does NOT move like an active suspension fork and I didn't feel the 1/2" travel moving up and down or even a bobble. This saddle just works when needed, taking the edge off the bumps. Climbing in the saddle was great, too. No pogo or loss of pedal energy! It's the best investment I've made in a long time, and the half extra pound is well worth it. I ordered the PRS Alpha saddle for my road bike. It is amazing, soaking up small bumps and road vibration. I finished a century ride with the PRS saddle. The county roads had those annoying tar-filled road cracks …thump, thump, thump. Everyone was beat up after the ride hobbling around the food and entertainment tent, but my friend and I felt great after the ride as we both had Koobi PRS saddles. There was no rear soreness or pain! I would recommend this saddle to any cyclist or friend.

Favorite Trail:   Vail Ski Mountain in the summer

Duration Product Used:   1 year

Purchased At:   http://www.koobi.com

Similar Products Used:   PRS Alpha saddle
Specialized Toupe Pro
Fizik Arione

Bike Setup:   Lynskey Titanium Pro 29 SL medium frame set up as singlespeed with Boone Ti rear cog, Blacksheep Ti rigid fork, Jeff Jones Ti H-bar, Profile Stiffy Ti stem, Lynskey Ti seatpost, Koobi PRS Enduro saddle with Ti rails, Crank Brothers Ti Egg Beater pedals, Stans ZTR Crest rims with Chris King hubs, Chris King headset, Xtr crank and bottom bracket, Schwalbe Racing Ralph tubeless 29 x 2.35 tires and Avid Juicy Ultimate Carbon 7 Hydraulic Disc Brakes with 180mm rotors.

Submitted by R V H a Cross Country Rider from Australia

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2011

Strengths:    Aaaahhh!Muchhh better!After searching & changing saddles I have finally foung the right saddle.I ride a hardtail & was almost settled on a Brooks,waiting for the breakin to happen(?).The Koobi on the other hand was a delight to ride on a straight away & instilled a heightened enthusiasm to my riding.I thought it was my butt,however the team at Koobi have done their homework.

Weaknesses:    Hard to find in shops

Bottom Line:
Koobi has produced an exceptional item for cyclest.

Favorite Trail:   too many to say

Purchased At:   Koobi.com