Home | Reviews | Saddle | Koobi

Koobi PRS Alpha Saddle

Weight : 298 grams MSRP : $210.00

Koobi's ultimate distance saddle. For cyclists riding over 6 hours/week & are accustomed to a firm saddle. Custom built. Ti Alloy rails.

Submitted by Lad DeGraffenried a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2013

Strengths:    Puts your weight where it is supposed to be...on your butt. Customizable for each rider; for hours spent on the bike per week and by your weight. The technology allows more comfort for hardtail bikes than a traditional MTB saddle.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
I fall into the clydesdale category, so for me to find a saddle that meets my needs in the area of comfort and the right amount of firmness to feel great after hours on the bike was huge! It is unlike any saddle that I have ever owned before. The way the PRS Alpha distributes my body weight to my pelvis is such a relief, so long numbness in the nether regions, and so long back pain at hour number two into a four hour ride! I have only had this saddle a few weeks, but can tell already its going to be a great ride for a long, long time.
I liked it so much I got one for my cyclocross commuter as well. I don' think you can go wrong with this one.
The customer service is top notch too, I was amazed when I called and someone picked up right away. They answered all my questions and were very willing to help any way they could (so refreshing to see these days).

Submitted by John P. a Cross Country Rider from California

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2012

Strengths:    The quality of leather. The fit & the PRS suspension.
Koobi website was easy to understand. Low cost shipping .
Easy retrun policy.

Bottom Line:
After taking 7 years off I finally got back into Mountain biking last year. My old Trek hardtail was killing me. Was searching around the internet & found the Koobi website & called them. They recommended the PRS Alpha. Kind of hard at first but now I have been very pleased with it.
I have zero saddle discomfort. Heck, it’s like there isn’t a saddle.

Purchased At:   Koobi

Similar Products Used:   Cobb saddle , ISM

Bike Setup:   Old Trek hardtail

Submitted by A . Cooper a Cross Country Rider from California

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2011

Strengths:    I have used a Koobi saddle for severl years.It's the best,most comfortable I have been on.When I got my new 29er hardtail,I tried WTB, Fizik & a Specialized before gong to the PRS Alpha.Needless to say my butt and I are glad that I did.

Weaknesses:    Limeted color selection

Bottom Line:
If you have questions qbout which saddle is right for you ,send then an email describing your riding: miles,your weight and they will recommend the right saddle. Koobi also has a great retrun policy,100% with in 30 days.

Favorite Trail:   Lake Tahoe area

Purchased At:   Koobi website

Similar Products Used:   WTB,Specialized,Fizik

Bike Setup:   Niner 29 er hardtail

Submitted by Nate Schweiz a Racer from Denver,Colorado

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2010

Strengths:    Outstanding ride on my hardtail

Weaknesses:    Not very well know brand

Bottom Line:
I have ridden 2 Leadville 100's on my Koobi PRS Alpha & have found it to be an outstanding set up. The PRS suspension works very well on my hardtail. Before the 2nd Leadville I did install new elastomers which improved the ride . This was a fairly simple process .

Will buy a new one if I get into Leadville this year.

Favorite Trail:   Leadville 100

Purchased At:   Koobi.com

Similar Products Used:   Numerous differnt saddles

Bike Setup:   Orbea hardtail

Submitted by chuck a Cross Country Rider from seattle, wa, usa

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2002

Strengths:    The build quality of the Koobi PRS saddle is 1st rate. Leather is high grade, TI/Mag rails are solid. saddle shell looks bullet proof. The density of the saddle paddle along with the shock absorbing bumpers makes for a great ride even over long periods of time in the saddle

Weaknesses:    no so far

Bottom Line:
Great looking and riding saddle. Geo of saddle seems to maximize the confort. Koobi also provides 1st rate customer service. My hardtail is much more comfortable now.

Purchased At:   koobi.com

Similar Products Used:   stock seat that came with my cannondale, Specialized body geo.

Bike Setup:   F700, all XTR drive train, Hayes Disk breaks, SRAM grip shifters, XT hubs, Koobi PRS saddle, Ritchey WCS seat post, stock coda stem and bars.

Submitted by Louie Stoner a Cross Country Rider from South Mountain, AZ

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2001

Strengths:    Still comfortable after one year of use

Weaknesses:    Poor quality control in manufacturing

Bottom Line:
Over a year from my first review I am still very happy with this saddle. I have yet to experience sore buns before sore legs at the end of a ride. The downside is in manufacturing repeatability at the Koobie plant in Taiwan? What a surprise!!! I bought a second Koobie for my hard tail and it arrived with an inferior grade of leather and the workmanship in attaching it was subpar. I don't believe this effects the comfort so much but would like to see more consistency in their product. Anyway, it fixes the problem I was having, so I have to give it 5 jalapenos for comfort.

Favorite Trail:   National Trail