Home | Reviews | Saddle | Koobi

Koobi AU Enduro Saddle

4.64/5 (36 Reviews)
Weight : 259 grams MSRP : $130.00

The endurance saddle. Beautifully styled but built to last. Leather and Kevlar with 20% more padding than the Xenon. Manganese rails.

Submitted by Samsudin

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2013

Strengths:    Comfortable for long ride and steep climb

Weaknesses:    Price is steep and after 3 years, it seem to wear out on the side.

Bottom Line:
I have used many different saddles and finally found the Koobi AU Enduro Saddle perfect for mountain biking. On weekdays, I bike average 10 miles on 1,500 ft climb and this saddle is perfect. It has the right firmness so you can use it for climbing steep slope and also enough padding to make it comfortable for long climb when you are seating on the saddle for hours. I used it for long 20-30 miles MTB ride on weekend and climb for up to 3,000 ft and they are comfortable. It take very short ride to break in and very smooth so you can more your "butt" front and back easily during riding,

Submitted by jbrotsky a Cross Country Rider from Wichita, KS

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2011

Strengths:    Amazing comfort, no numbness, no soreness during first 8 hours of riding.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
Fantastic saddle - I didn't know what I was missing until I gave this one a shot. I bought the "cosmetic second" version from the Koobi site, and honestly can't tell why it's even a second - looks perfect.

Bottom line - if you're having numbness, discomfort, or just want to try a different saddle, give this one a shot. Worst case - you don't like it, and send it back to Koobi before 30 days for a no-questions asked refund.

Favorite Trail:   The one I'm on

Similar Products Used:   WTB Laser V

Bike Setup:   Pivot Mach 429 - X0 build, for most part

Submitted by reti123 a Cross Country Rider from SoCal, USA

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2010

Strengths:    Flat shape to support sit bones. Full length center cutout to relieve pressure on pudental arteries and nerves. Quality design and build (manufactured by Selle Italia).

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Great saddle if you care about your sex life!

I needed a good saddle for the above mentioned reason because the stock Remedy saddle sucked. I went on a quest that ended up with Koobi (based on the other raving reviews here as well as Koobi's website - lots of good info).

Too many saddle cutouts end too soon so if you lean forward or need to weight the nose for a climb all the pressure is concentrated exactly where it shouldn't be. Koobi solved that problem.

They have a 30 day return policy (only costs about $5 for return postage) so I figured it was worth a try.

I ended up buying their top-of-the-line PRS Enduro for my Remedy, loved it and bought two Enduro AUs for my other two bikes. The PRS is a little pricey but in line with other premium saddles. The AUs are great but I wanted the best for my Remedy (fantastic bike!). The AU is priced in line with other perfomance saddles in its class.

(Beware of discounted Koobis found online - there are cheap Chinese counterfeits out there. If in doubt, call Koobi direct.)

BTW - Even their socks are excellent - good fit and materials and super-smooth seams (I hate seams that rub!!)

Customer service is friendly and helpful if you have questions. Good product. Good company.

Favorite Trail:   Sissar Canyon

Purchased At:   Koobi.com

Similar Products Used:   Two WTBs. Bontrager Rhythm and Evoke R and Evoke RXL. Specialized Format. The original Selle Italia Flite.

Bike Setup:   '10 Trek Remedy 9.8; Giant VT-1 (w/Fox Talas RLC Fit 140); old Cannondale hardtail.

Submitted by ferday a Cross Country Rider from canada

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2007

Strengths:    so comfortable, relatively light and quite durable. real leather!

Weaknesses:    the stitching right on the tip of the nose can sometimes scratch

Bottom Line:
my favorite saddle ever! i routinely use this on 10+ hour epic rides, it's great for both descending and ascending. and so comfortable! this will be my saddle for a long, long time on all of my bikes...

Similar Products Used:   SDG, WTB, specialized, selle italia

Bike Setup:   a few different ones

Submitted by Larry a Cross Country Rider from Nicagua, Missouri

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2007

Strengths:    well designed

Weaknesses:    Hurts, hurts, hurts...if you ride a lot. I ride eight, ten, 15 hour days...many in a row.

Bottom Line:
I rode 3000 miles around Europe last year and I stupidly kept this one because of a contract...all I can say is F#

Purchased At:   Promotional

Similar Products Used:   Nothing compares...as negatively that is. If that's the similarity we're talking about.

Submitted by Tom a Weekend Warrior from Germantown, MD, USA

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2007

Strengths:    Quality construction & excellent customer service.

Weaknesses:    Not indestructible (but then, neither am I)

Bottom Line:
This is just an update. I contacted Koobi and they're going to send me new rails for only $10 (includes shipping). I've worked in retail for almost 20 years and had plenty of thing go wrong for me. No one I ever worked for or bought from has ever been this easy to get problems solved. I doubt I'll ever buy any one else's saddles.

Submitted by Tom a Weekend Warrior from Germantown, MD, USA

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2007

Strengths:    Comfortable, durable, light.

Weaknesses:    If a cracked Ti rail after 5k+ counts, that's it.

Bottom Line:
I started with the AU Enduro (Still use it on my AC) and moved up to the PRS for the Moots later. Both are comfortable, and except for the normal leather wear, are as good as new after years. A cracked rail on the PRS after 5k is my first problem & I can replace those easily. Not bad for something most have never heard of.

Purchased At:   Koobi

Similar Products Used:   Specialized, WTB - they're OK, but I'll never buy anything else, as far as I can imagine.

Bike Setup:   Moots RigorMootis (Commuting) & Giant AC (Trail)

Submitted by Dave a Cross Country Rider from WI

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2007

Strengths:    Awesome. The Enduro is the Alpha and Omega to all my cycling saddles. I can ride with or without cycling shorts with NO discomfort. First time I could ever ride longer rides without cycling shorts. Makes it nice for shorter/casual jaunts on the tandem. No numbness for "the boys," and the shape also takes the jolt out of some of the seated hits on the trail.

Weaknesses:    I don't like the stitching on the top of the nose of the saddle a lot... or at least that area of the saddle could have a more rounded profile. (near the front of the cutout)

Bottom Line:
A "sit bone" saddle. If you like that type of saddle... here it is.

Need to see how they hold up in the long term, but for now, it's the ultimate saddle in my book. I've searched years for it, and finally found it.

Favorite Trail:   all of them

Purchased At:   koobi.com

Similar Products Used:   Liked WTB SST for a while, then got chafing in some not-so-nice areas due to the gradual transistion from the nose to the rear of the saddle. Then went to Avocet O2. Better taper (more abrupt with the "racing" version), but not as nice on the boys. Koobi is the best of both worlds.

Bike Setup:   GT hardtail, Schwinn road and fixie, Cannondale tandem... the Enduro is on all of them.

Submitted by Chris a Weekend Warrior from Washington, DC

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2007

Bottom Line:
Best bike product I've ever bought-- this is the only saddle that works for me. Very comfortable.

Similar Products Used:   Terry Fly

Submitted by Chalmer a Weekend Warrior from Hackensack, NJ

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2007

Strengths:    Comfortable, Fairly Light and Durable

Bottom Line:
I gotta give this saddle 2 thumbs up. Been using the same 2 saddles for the past 5 years and until now they are still comfy, intact and working as intended. My butt is happy and glad with this saddle.

Purchased At:   bikeusa.com

Similar Products Used:   WTB and SDG

Bike Setup:   Kona and OnOne SingleSpeed

Submitted by muzza a Weekend Warrior from crawford busharagua

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2006

Strengths:
Lowers S.A.H. index a lot. Ride longer & more comfy.Improves pedalling efficiency.

Weaknesses:    Had to slide the rails 1/2" further forward than the mfr's reccomended marks to prevent overextending the spine. This could be unintended interaction with the Fisher Genesis top tube thing or the legendary Thudbuster top tube lengthening effect.

Bottom Line:
Other posts speak of extra width on this saddle. Opposite here. AU Enduro is narrower than the stock Bont anyway & hits my sit bones perfectly. Anatomical slot along the entire top = super comfy. "Break in" time was only about 1 hour & mostly meant getting used to new contact points. Could be ignorance, but the "nose" is longer & flatter & seems to add comfort. The bike shop guy said this saddle is used a lot on road bikes... but his mtbiker boss swears by AU Enduro for dirt mongrels too. And he can buy whatever he wants. I like this saddle a lot.

Favorite Trail:   tranquility base

Similar Products Used:   stock fisher tazz bontranger saddle. Koobi is first upscale non-stock saddle purchase.

Bike Setup:   fish tazz ht with hayes HFX nines, thudbuster, wellgo clip /platform combos, ergon grips + this new toy.

Submitted by Rob from florida

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2006

Strengths:    Mucho comfortable, didnt even know it was there, except that if it wasn't well that just wouldnt be in my interest. great customer service.

Bottom Line:
5-10 210lbs rode wtb's and liked all but the power v (rash), but the koobi is wicked comfortable, smooth dont even know its there, no hard pressure points (taint protection), seats are completely personal but if you get to try a koobi its defintately worth it.

Similar Products Used:   wtb (power v, rocket v, laser v) sdg bel aire

Bike Setup:   Bullit - thompson post/stem Koobi - King HS - vanilla rlc - 5th - 9's -

Submitted by Jim a Cross Country Rider from Baycity, tx, usa

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2006

Strengths:    Love that gap.
This saddle's main strength, in my opinion, is the design of the gap, or channel, or urethra/perineum ditch that provides an opening for blood to flow to my winkie while riding. Adjustment has been easier, as I don't have to tip the saddle as far down/forward to obtain pain/numbness free results. This was some of the best biking money I have spent.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
If you're a guy who has had pain/numbness issues you owe it to yourself and s.o. to try this saddle.

Favorite Trail:   Closest

Purchased At:   koobi.com

Similar Products Used:   Myriad.

Bike Setup:   MTB, S-Works enduro complete with gears, tires, brakes, and stuff.
Road - Specialized Sirrus with just about the same type stuff as above.

Submitted by Daniel a Cross Country Rider from The ATL

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2006

Strengths:    This review is for the PRS enduro with the elastomer suspension! Looks, quality, comfort, and prs.

Weaknesses:    Because of price makes me a bit paraniod about messing it up. Takes a while to clean because dirt gets in the suspension area but not a real problem.

Bottom Line:
The PRS Enduro is the nicest saddle I've put my butt on. It is a little wide but like a previous review wrote it is not an issue after a few rides. The elastomers really make a difference (especially on a hard tail) as they absorb a lot of the jolts that would normally hit your t'aint and lower back. No more sore spots or numbness because of the suspension and the center groove. Another strength not mentioned is that I can disassemble the entire saddle my self since you have to to change elastomers or to clean it and that way if you do damage something you don't have to ship the whole thing back. Did I mention it looks very trick?

Favorite Trail:   1996 Olympic